Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eating Beef

Posted by helencolby (My Page) on
Sat, May 16, 09 at 15:52

I haven't eaten beef for several months now until the other day. I did eat a piece of lean steak. It tasted really good and rare and juicy. But then a little while after I finished eating it, I kept getting this waxy feeling on my tongue and teeth and a taste like tallow. No amount of brushing my teeth and scraping my tongue would get rid of it !!!! My DIL who is a vegetarian said that was from the fat in the beef, but that I probably wasn't aware of it before because I ate beef often...
Has anyone else had this experience?

Helen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eating Beef

Hi Helen,
I have never had that experience. But I'm finding I eat less and less meat. I feel like I can feel the red meat just sitting in my stomach. It's like a big weight once I swallow it. And I get a taste in my mouth I don't really like, kind of slick. When I googled to see if I could find an answer I found this website, which talks about flavors and additives. It really made me want to keep my diet as true to the earth as possible!

Why McDonald's Fries Taste So Good

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here