SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
konfusedkat

Newbie - What am I doing wrong?

konfusedkat
17 years ago

I usually hang out on the home forums, but I'm so frustrated with my inability to lose weight I've come here for some help. I am 5'3 and weigh 135.5 lbs. Anyway, I'd love to lose about 8-10 lbs. and tone up a bit.

Three weeks ago I started exercising (45 min./day - 5 days a week) and really cut back on my calories and carbs. I stopped drinking alcohol and began drinking lots of water. The first week I lost about 2.5 lbs. which was encouraging but, since then I've gained back 1 lb. and I haven't cheated. I'm just so depressed and angry because my body won't do what I want it to!

I haven't exercised consistently in years and several people have given me the "muscle weighs more than fat and maybe your gaining muscle" advice. However, my exercise is 90% aerobic (not weight training) and I still think I should have lost at least a few more pounds. Plus, I don't think I've lost any inches either. I guess I just need to vent. Also, I've been taking Relacore (for that "stubborn belly fat") and it doesn't seem to do anything much.

After I had my second child, I lost about 11 lbs. on Nutrisystem, but it took forever and cost a fortune. I'm just ready to throw in the towel. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored