Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the Fat Flush Plan?

Posted by janetwilson (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 04 at 13:12

I heard bits and pieces of an interview with the woman who wrote the Fat Flush book - just enough to peak my interest. Ran over to the book store today and they were out of the book. Can someone tell me what is involved in this program?

I'm still going strong on Atkins but this toxin cleansing program sounds interesting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the Fat Flush Plan?

Hi Janet,

I've been on the Fat Flush plan for over 6 months now. I've lost over 30 lbs. (6 lbs. from my goal weight), dropped my bodyfat by almost 9% and lowered my cholesterol.

It's basically a low carb, good fats plan. The first 2 weeks are to detox, then you move on to Phase 2, which allows for 2 good carbs per day. You move on to phase 3 once you have reached your goal weight. It is not an easy diet since it involves giving up all caffeine (you can substitute organic coffee), dairy, wheat, alcohol, sugar and artifical sweeteners (Stevia is okay). You start and end each day with warmed cranberry water with the juice of half a lemon and pysillum husks. Flaxseed oil is taken twice a day (I put mine on vegetables).

After the first week or so, the plan really isn't that difficult. You can read lots of reviews over at Amazon.com and there is a good message board at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fat Flush

o
RE: What is the Fat Flush Plan?

Thanks Lydia -- Before I saw your message, I went to the website for fat flush and it was just a place to buy things. I looked at the ivillage link you provided, that was helpful as was the book review at amazon. I guess I'm going to need to buy the book to really understand the whole program. I've been doing Atkins for 4 weeks now and haven't lost as much as I'd hoped. I'm not trying to lose it all at once, but a couple of pounds per week sure would be nice!

Congratulations on your weight loss - just 6 pounds to go - that's wonderful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here