Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support - Mon 5/7 to Sun 5/13

Posted by magickitty (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 07 at 10:30

Happy Monday Everyone! I thought I would start the week.

DH and I took our Furbabies to the vet this morning. I was worried about our oldest cause she looked like she was losing weight, turns out she gained 1/4 of a pound from last year and the reason why I thought she was losing was because our younger two have gotten huge!!!!!!!! So it was an optical illusion for me. She was not shrinking, the other two have blossomed into gigantic felines!! LOL! Oh well...all are healthy and we are happy!!

Off to make some lentil soup. I got the receipe of Carrabbas soup so I am excited to try it out.

Have a great day!!!

Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon 5/7 to Sun 5/13

Thanks for getting us started Lynn. As you can see I started to get us started and got way laid!!

My oldest Siamese cat (15) is losing weight and beginning to show real signs of age. I know he has a long time left but it's sort of sad to see him getting feable. He's 9 pounds of pure love!!

o

Good MONDAY morning!

Raeanne, were your ears ringing yesterday? We decided to visit Saratoga Springs for lunch and I did not have your number....well, it was home in my planner but we were both in NY State! I was going to try to call your DH at work, but remembered it was Sunday. Anyway, the afternoon was filled with memories of our meeting with Suzanne that warm day in September. Lots of fun; we had a delicious lunch at LimonCello (I think that was the name). I had the veggie panini.

We had a wonderful weekend up at the Baseball Hall of Fame and a lovely dinner up at The Turning Stone.

Back to reality.

Make today count.

Here is a link that might be useful: Menu

o

Dee that is too funny - I have been waiting anxiously to go to Limoncello's for dinner. He is part owners is another excellent italian restaurant in Saratoga called Chianti's. You should've tried calling Rich he works every Sunday until at least 1PM. I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Suzanne - My dog is 13 but is really showing her age these days. Her hearing is very bad and I am sure her vision isn't great either. I know how you feel. I just let my boss borrow "Chosen by a Horse" as she is a horse lover and an avid reader. I put my name inside it so I will get it back LOL.

Lynn -glad all the furbabies got a good report.

Enjoy your day.

o
Calling all MIA's

Please stop by this week and let us know you are doing well.

o

Hi, I'm here. Sad week this week. DS friends brother was killed in a car accident. His brother was in the car with him and received some injuries but is fine. The boy had to be taken off of life support and did not live much longer after that. Really, really sad. Every parents nightmare.

Besh

o

((((BESH)))) so sorry to hear that sad news. You are so right - that is definitely every parents nightmare. I will pray that the family can find the strength to deal with this and for your DS as well.

Suzanne - You are one special "un"birthday buddy. I keep getting surprises when I least expect them. I absolutely love the eye pillow and the lavender scent just makes it that much more special. I also love the feather - that looks a bit familiar to me LOL.

Dee - you really had a whirlwind weekend - are you recovering today.

Have a great evening.

o

(((((BESH)))))) I am very sorry about that news. It is every parents nightmare. Very dear friends of ours had to take their 28 year old son off life support after months of hoping he would recover from a coma. It was very sad and agonizing for them and us to watch. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to all.

Raeanne, I almost couldn't part with that eye pillow!! LOL The feather belongs to my beloved Dorothy - she was very happy to share!

I am expecting my chicks today or tomorrow. I am SO excited!

QOD: Who do you think is the biggest AI fan from our group??

o

Happy TUESDAY!!!!!

[[[[BESH]]]], so sorry about the loss your family feels now. I had to attend a funeral of a classmate only 2 months after we graduated. It was so sad for everyone.

Raeanne/Suzanne--I have 2 of those lavendar eye pillows...one in the office and one in my bedroom. We do a yoga class in the corporate fitness center where she goes through this relaxation bit; those who have the eye pillows have been known to fall asleep! For anyone who has trouble falling asleep or needs to calm down before sleeping, I highly recommend it. The only time I had trouble using it was when I had bronchitis (at the time, the fragrance irritated my throat).

QOD: I would have to nominate Patti as our American Idol princess this season. What say you, Patti? LOL

This morning I did something I have not done for many many months. I went up to the cafeteria and bought one of those huge NY bagels and cream cheese and ate the whole thing! (well, the cream cheese was low fat, but come on!!!) Right now I feel like a stuffed pig ready for a long nap. Only trouble is I'm at the office! LOL!!!!! Not sure it was worth it after the fact.

Marci, if you are reading this, hope you having a wonderful, well-deserved vacation.

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Suzanne - is Dorothy the one you posted the picture of? It is a beautiful feather. The eye pillow is beautiful and a great size. I had a couple others that were much thinner - I used them for Yoga and kept them in the back of my car. When DH cleaned out my car they sat in the garage for months and I just recently threw them out - so your timing was perfect.

QOD - I agree with nominating Patti as AI Princess!

Dee - We use the eye pillows in Yoga too. Sounds like you could use one right now LOL.

yoooo hoooo to everyone out there that is lurking and not posting....

o
Hello?

Let's hear from you!!!!!!!! (or I will sing again) lol

o

My chicks came to my office this morning and they are right here with me now!! They are all healthy and so sweet! They have been going non-stop since they arrived! More later!

o

Hi!

We had a pretty positive visit at the doc yesterday. My dad was more himself and will start chemo next Monday, get scanned again in 2 months.

(((Besh))) and family and friends - that is every parent's nightmare- I will keep them in my prayers.

Raeanne - Suzanne takes good care of you - lavender eye pillows - my gosh, you wouldn't be able to blast me awake!

Suzanne - how cute the chicks went to the office with you!!! If I worked with you you would be wishing I would get lost cause I'd be hanging around so much.

Dee - don't beat yourself up on the bagel. Was it good? It's a one time thing - move on (at least that is my new mantra). Besides, you were a good girl with the low fat cream cheese.

Even though I didn't watch AI this time around I would have to say it's a toss up between Patti and Lynn. Patti was up on who was who but Lynn did send me AI lip gloss for my birthday...hmmmmm.

Have a good evening - take care - will try and check in tomorrow. Crazy week this week, it's Nurse's Week.

PS - Tikanis - wherever you are Happy Nurse's Week!!!

Donna

o

I'm back! Sun-tanned and tired but happy! We had a wonderful time and I am exhausted. It was almost a relief to get back to work today. The kids were happy to see me and I got some fierce hugs today! :~)

Patti - I am so sorry that I didn't get a chance to call you. We had almost every minute of every day planned. The only day we had free was Monday and I spent that doing laundry and cleaning DS's townhouse for him. He flew to PA on Monday morning and wasn't getting back to FL for two weeks. We didn't feel right leaving him a mess. Next time, and there will be a next time I promise, we will make plans ahead of time.

Besh - I am so sorry to hear about DS's friends brother. I don't know how a parent can survive such a nightmare. Hugs to you all.

NHSuzanne - We need pictures! How great that you were able to get some new chicks.

Raeanne - I didn't have any exotic drinks, but I did buy a bottle of wine and nursed that the whole trip. It was nice to come back to DS's place, kick off our shoes and just chill with the family. And speaking of shoes, I had to wear my flip-flops the whole time because my feet swelled and none of my other sandals fit! DH had a field day with that, because he couldn't believe that I was taking so many shoes in the first place! LOL

DeeMarie - I read a good book on the beach. Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes. It was a good story, but didnt' take any thought to follow the plot. Just what I needed.

Donna - Glad that your Dad had a good doctor's visit. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Lynn - Our cat was acting very strange when we got home. She wouldn't come near us, but we figured she would forgive us in time. But DH let her out to get some air last night before we went to sleep and she never came home. She isn't one to stray out of our yard, so we are worried. Keep your fingers crossed that she comes home.

QOD - I vote for Besh - I think she started the AI threads.
(But I AM watching AI while I type this, so that counts for something! LOL)

Now I have to finish laundry and help DD pack. She heads back to her job tomorrow morning.

Hugs to all who need them! Hi to anyone I forgot!

Marci

o

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am just feeling so terrible for this family. The wake is tomorrow and the funeral is Thursday. DS is ok with it. The thing that has had the biggest impact on him is that it can happen to anyone, anytime. I guess it is one of those life lessons.

And like the High School wasn't dealing with enough right now, a student brought a gun to school yesterday. Fortunately it was caught very early and handled extremely well. This is the first time I have heard of it happening, but who knows how many times it happens and goes unnoticed. The school needs to install metal detectors.

Donna, great news about your Dad. I continue to keep him in my thoughts.

Suzanne, congratulations on the new arrivals!

Marci, glad you had a nice trip. Isn't it tough to say goodbye all over again?

Hello to everyone else. I am honestly too tired to keep typing.

QOD: I vote for me!

Good night!

Love, Besh

o
American Idol Update

JORDIN!!!! She was great last night. For the first time, I believe she may have a legit chance at making the final two. Although I enjoy Blake, I'm not sure he will get as many votes as he needs to stay past next week. Melinda will succeed anyway so I would prefer Jordin as the next AI.

Those who wish to vote for ME as Ms. American Idol may do so below..........

LOL!!!!

PS: I'm thrilled that crabby-@ss Billy Ray is off "Dancing With The Stars"

Make today count!

o

Good morning all,

It's good to see you all posting here!!

I am an exhausted mother! I was up every hour last night making sure there brooder box was the right temperature. It's supposed to be 95 the first week and it would go up and down so I was nervous! They are so tiny and so cute. I hate being away at work today!!

Also, on the way in from my ride all four baby fox were out in the field. They run towards the den when they hear me coming (Sweet Pea wears a bell to scare bears away) but they are getting a bit used to us and one actually sat right where I could have gotten a great picture IF I had my camera! I will have to start carrying it with me now. SO cute and so sweet.

QOD: I have to say that I think Besh is the biggest AI fan but Marci is a close second! I will be taking the vote count here to see what you all who haven't chimed in yet think. So, come on and tell us who the biggest AI fan is!

o

Hello???? Hello?????? Helllllllllooooooooo???????????????

WHERE IS EVERYONE????????????

o

I'm here, Suzanne! How far is your commute to work? I'm trying to picture how you get so much accomplished in the morning before you have to leave. I wish I had your energy!

American Idol Update: I'm thinking Jordin has a good chance at this; lots and lots of people are talking about her now. She has that "Spark"! [If no one else comes by to vote for American Idol Queen, I am going to claim it for myself.]

Check in, people!!!!!!

o

Hi Dee, I am glad you are here. I checked out the menu at Limoncello and I can picture you, Raeanne and me sipping chilled white wine while we chat over lunch! We need to pull that off again soon.

I get so much done by getting up at 4am every morning! On the days I ride I am in my barn at 4:15 to give the girls a snack and muck a little. Then back to the house for tea and change into my riding clothes. At 4:45 I am back in the barn grooming and tacking. By 5:15 I am in the saddle and my ride takes about an hour and 15 mins. So, back at the barn by 6:30 latest to finish chores. Then to the chicken coop to let them out. I am back in the house by 7am and have an hour to shower and get ready for work! I leave my house at 8:15 and am in my office at 8:30! That's a 15 minute commute. Then there is after work! It's easy for me to get up that early this time of year - I love the early morning when it's light enough to see it!

We need you all to weigh in on who the biggest AI fan is at this thread ladies. You too JOhn if you are lurking.

o

Dee - I just came from the hairdresser and she asked me if I had been to Limoncello's yet LOL. Do you know I can't find a big strawberry pot around here. I always do a pot of herbs and just thought the one you described would be so nice.

Suzanne - I can picture us sipping chilled white wine anywhere LOL. How are the new additions? No wonder you don't watch AI, you are probably fast asleep by then LOL.

I just wanted to check in quickly - we are heading out on the boat for a quick cruise before we get the rain they are predicting.

Enjoy your day.

o

Good Friday everyone!!

Raeanne,I hope you got out on the lake yesterday before it rained. We got some much needed rain and it continues this morning!

QOD: What is everyone up to for the weekend? I am doing my first two-phase event in Woodstock, VT this weekend. It consists of a driven dressage test and a cones course. Should be interesting since I have had no time to practice! Still, Miss Sweet Pea will no doubt make me look very good!

o

Suzanne - we did get out on the boat before the much needed rain arrived. I love Woodstock, VT - and I have no doubt that you and SP will do just fine.

QOD - no big plans. Friends just got a new pool and hot tub put in and it is so high tech that they asked us to come over when the guy comes for the demo so we can help them LOL. I did most of my planting but have some pots to fill up and I always put plants out by the road into our subdivision. My laundry basket runneth over.

Dee - if Besh, Marci or Patti doesn't start posting you will take the AI Princess title over.

I am buried under at work again, so I better get busy.

Enjoy your day and weekend.

o

TGIF!!!

QOD: Tonight I'm meeting my old sorority sisters at a local Tex-Mex joint. Tomorrow it looks like laundry and gardening. Sunday morning, my stepdaughters want to come by to see me. sunday afternoon, we take MIL out for a late brunch.

Check in people!

o

TGIF!!! Yes!!!

Thank goodness Nurses Week is grinding to an end....maybe my work life can return to normal.

Not much new here (good thing!).

QOD: Tonight staying home for the first time this week and enjoying a nice glass of wine as we speak! Tomorrow, manicure and errands. Sunday we are taking my mom to AC to a very fancy restaurant for brunch.

Will check in later....be good....have fun!!

Donna

o

TGIF!!! Yes!!!

Thank goodness Nurses Week is grinding to an end....maybe my work life can return to normal.

Not much new here (good thing!).

QOD: Tonight staying home for the first time this week and enjoying a nice glass of wine as we speak! Tomorrow, manicure and errands. Sunday we are taking my mom to AC to a very fancy restaurant for brunch.

Will check in later....be good....have fun!!

Donna

o

Happy Saturday!

Guess my wine was taking effect, I posted the same thing twice, oh boy!

Getting ready to head out, will check in later I hope. If not, Happy Mother's Day to all!!

Donna

o

I am getting ready to head out for a Mother's Day picnic with my DMom and family. Tomorrow, DS will be home since he is in PA this week, and we are having a light breakfast then going to my DMILs for lunch. Then everyone will go their separate ways and I will get a chance to put my feet up and relax.

Seems like I have been running non-stop playing catch up since I got home.

Happy Mother's Day to all who are mother's, those who will be celebrating Mother's Day with their moms, or are mother's to pets, nieces, nephews, etc. or are just the motherly type! I hope this includes everyone!

Have a great weekend.

Marci

PS - Go Jordin and Melinda!!! I am rooting for Yao-Man on Survivor and Apolo and Julianne are my faves on DWTS.
I think that covers it! LOL

o

Happy Mother's Day - step away from that laundry basket LOL

Dee - I have reservations at Limoncello's this afternoon!

I actually do have some laundry and planting to do today, but after that it's all about ME LOL.

Enjoy your day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here