Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2-day diet

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 9:35

I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has read or tried the 2-day intermittent diet....

I'm trying it now and so far so good. Seems very easy to do as anyone can diet for one day, knowing you get your goodies back the next day.

If you haven't heard of it, it consists of 2 days a week (your choice of days) eating very low carb (less than 50g) for that day. You are allowed one piece of fruit. No calorie restrictions. The rest of the week, eat a normal diet. Seems to me, if it works, like something I can stick with rather than trying to face a lifetime without my favorite foods.

People following this diet lost twice the weight in 3 months as people following a 1500 cal per day mediterranean style diet. They need to do more study as to why this works, but I suspect it has to do with dieting one day isn't enough to trigger your body's starvation mode which slows the metabolism and makes losing weight more difficult. They also say the VLC days have a carry over effect to the other days.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dieting 2 days per week

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2-day diet

This sounds interesting.
I enjoyed this forum so much and got a lot of help from it and then so many left to form a private group on facebook. It doesn't pertain to diets. I wish there was some way we could get this one active again. We used to weigh in once a week and post our weight. It sure helped.

I am on prednisone and gained a lot of weight. The dosage was lowered and although I am still on a maintenance dosage, I did manage to lose 44 pounds. I've regained 10 over the last year and I'm not one bit happy about it. I'm on blood thinners, too so have to keep my Vitamin K level. That complicates things, too. I so very much miss the encouragement here.

All the best in your effort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here