SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

2-day diet

Annie Deighnaugh
11 years ago

I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has read or tried the 2-day intermittent diet....

I'm trying it now and so far so good. Seems very easy to do as anyone can diet for one day, knowing you get your goodies back the next day.

If you haven't heard of it, it consists of 2 days a week (your choice of days) eating very low carb (less than 50g) for that day. You are allowed one piece of fruit. No calorie restrictions. The rest of the week, eat a normal diet. Seems to me, if it works, like something I can stick with rather than trying to face a lifetime without my favorite foods.

People following this diet lost twice the weight in 3 months as people following a 1500 cal per day mediterranean style diet. They need to do more study as to why this works, but I suspect it has to do with dieting one day isn't enough to trigger your body's starvation mode which slows the metabolism and makes losing weight more difficult. They also say the VLC days have a carry over effect to the other days.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dieting 2 days per week

Comment (1)

Sponsored