SS Support - Monday 5/5 - Sunday 5/11/08

aka_raeanne
15 years ago

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Comments (54)

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

Happy Anniversary, DEE!!!!!!!!

Can you believe, when we all first met, you were a newlywed?

Time flies when we're all "dieting" together, doesn't it?

Have a wonderful day ---and evening!

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dee - I threatened my daughter that I would throw her doll out the window if she didn't put it away. I did and the neighbors dog took it and chewed it apart. LOL now, but not then. Thank goodness it wasn't one of the American Girl dolls.

I signed on here right after you were married, so it is has been about 8 years for me too.

• Related Discussions

SS Support, Monday, 1/7 - Sunday 1/13/08

Q

Comments (16)
    It's sooooooooooooooooo lonely in this forum........ Someone open a curtain and LET SOME LIGHT IN!!!! The sun is half-heatedly shining here today. No snow. How 'bout those presidential candidate primaries? Huh? GUUUUUURL POWER.... and the good ole Mac boy network rides again. NHSuzanne, was your town voting center a madhouse last night? Back to packing....and juicing! I end all project in "and juicing" now...lol. I bought a couple of books on de-cluttering...I tossed my other decluttering books when I was decluttering last time...so I am re-inspired, especially since I am packing for the move NOW. It's time to really assess how much material stuff I need to operate in this life. So far, It's been pretty amazing how many pairs of boots I NEED! And I packed an entire box of books regarding death. I'm wondering how Feng Shui fits into THAT! I feel like I should have put a stick of sage incense or a flute cure in that box or something. Oh, I heard a funny thing in the island bookstore last weeknend. A lady went to the cash wrap to buy her books and the guy said, "Are you from here...or are you visiting?" She answered, "I'm from HERE, but just visiting..........earth." Now I know there are a LOT of hippies on the island, but this sort of took the cake for me. Whilst I was there, I bought a book called, "GIVING...How Each Of Us Can Change The World." Gonna start reading it tonight. What's everyone else HERE reading right now???????? I could ramble on quite a bit more, but I feel I should let someone else get a word in, eh?
    ...See More

SS Support Monday Feb 27 to Sunday March 5

Q

Comments (43)
    Good Sunday morning all, Patti, I am sorry to hear your news. I am glad that things are going well with Dave. (((((HUGS))))) What did you mean "four of us were in Orlando" who, what, when?????? Too bad you didn't connect with ??????????????? Besh,(((((HUGS))))) I am sorry for your family. Death is not easy. I hope your FIL has a very peaceful passing. I have sad news myself. A long time friend of ours called Friday night very late. His 29 year old son is in a coma due to a drug overdose and has very minimal brain function. Mark, (my DH), went down to be with them righ away and of this morning he has not improved although he has been able to breath for 3 minutes on his own. Right now they are in with the doctor discussing taking him off life support. The whole thing is agonizing for them. What a horrible situation. All we can do is pray and think positive and remember that everything is perfect the way it is. Besh, I know what you mean about memories. It's hard to have to revisit such awful memories right now for me. I will be thinking of you.
    ...See More

Daily Support, Monday, 5/18 to Sunday, 5/24

Q

Comments (22)
    Hellooooooooooooooooooo~ Well, with the sale of the house came TONS of work! We signed the papers on Tuesday morning and have to be out by THIS Saturday night at 11pm! Just Baby V, my college DD, and I had the movers there on Wednesday - a WHOLE ENTIRE 18 wheeler FULL to the top! DD watched the baby and I packed the rest of the stuff. I slept on the floor of the house that night and baby slept in his port-a-crib. Up at 2am to get on the road to get in line for the first ferry to the rock. I dropped Baby off at daycare and headed to the "drop zone." Then a full day of unloading into the garage of our yet unfinished house. We got done at 4pm yesterday and I went to work till 5. I think I fell asleep BEFORE my head hit hit pillow! Today, it's work. Tomorrow, back to the house for a few runs to the dump and to recycle some of DH's old electronics in the city. Then, load up the remains of whatever's left in the house and wipe out drawers, cupboards, and then and back to the island. The cleaners are coming today to do a good clean beforethe new owners move in. I'm dreading holiday traffic on the way back, but hey!---can't complain---SOLD the house. Yes, at a 60% reduction and after over a year, but it's sold. Sigh. One question--SHould I dig up the St. Joseph or leave it there? lol. This Sunday, we are going to GO TO THE BEACH and have a weiner roast picnic with another family from school. YAY! A real day off!!!!!! *********Dee, Trekaren, I hope you feel better.********* Baby V is on a 20 day course of antibiotics since I took him to the allergist and they think he has had a year long sinus infection, which ALL the other docs I took him to missed dianosing. It appears they are correct, as his nose has cleared up but he is having the worst intestinal issues I've ever seen him have as a result of the antibiotics, but there is only about 5 days left so I will continue and see if the "cure" lasts. As for Monday, I think I will work on my garage and packing , as the move from our rental to the new house is about 3 weeks away. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Okay, I'm done. Everyone sounds like life is GOOD! Enjoy the weekend. This week, I have been internet impovrished and no internet when I'm away, so see you guys on Monday.
    ...See More

Daily Support, Monday, 11/17/08 to Sunday, 11/23/08

Q

Comments (28)
    OH....belated Happy B'day Suzanne! I've been 'off board' and will be more or less over the next couple of weeks with my job. Thanks Patti for the addresses. I will be working on my cards soon - yippeeeee! I know not everyone reads on Sunday so I will write all my news on notepad and post it all tomorrow! Keeping myself more than busy these days and starting a few new ventures. Today is rec room clear out/Peggy's craft/sewing center setup. I can't work anymore with my stuff everywhere and this house looks like a football team ran through it with piles of stuff here and there - AGAIN! AAAAauuuuggghhhhh! So getting it all in a designated zone - off the kitchen table area, away from my couch area where I sit and out of the bedroom where I throw stuff I have bought for projects...it should make a huge difference and much easier to clean up around here. Also mentally make me feel a world better. Clutter is depressing. We moved the 2 large dressers waiting for pick up from my Mom's estate to the workshop and I've emailed everyone to let them know since they have not picked them up they are moved outside into the workshop until someone comes and gets them. I also clearly noted that I am not responsible for any water/humidity damage that may occur if they are not picked up. I would not put it past a 'dear' sibling to pull this one over nothing at all given the opportunity. So that is that and the other huge couch-chair was hauled to the charity shop yesterday with another 2 huge bags of stuff. Now I just have to dismantle a dilapidated old pull out couch for the garbage but that will be another weekend. I'm happy with the space at present. So that's me. I'm off to go play in my new space - er - fold up, box up, put away the stuff in there PROPERLY and set up for my projects. Stay tuned, more news tomorrow! Lots of love to all of my pals here - I miss ya when I am not here everyday...not enough hours right now. Peggy
    ...See More
  • milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good Monday morning! It's cool, mid-60's and has been raining off and on all morning, with more coming the rest of the day. At least I'm able to stay in and dry.

Happy anniversary, Dee and DH! Eight years of wedded bliss and many more I pray!

QOD: Last house I sold was child-free, so I just kept everything neat constantly. Before that, I had stepkids living with us who would sleep late, never hang up a thing, and refused to pitch in when lookers would come. Then, I'd just stuff all their loose stuff under their beds, grab up all their towels in the bathroom and wash them, pull up their bedspreads and pray for the best!

Assigning each of your kids a specific spot in the house to monitor would be helpful. The two-towel rule is great! Picking up before bedtime is always a good thing, since I'd get calls first thing in the morning to show the house within an hour. Febreze room spray was a nice thing, too!

I had a wonderful time with my kids and granddaughters this weekend. The baby has moved into a jr. bed and no more binky! I dreaded bedtime Saturday night because of these 2 changes, but when she got sleepy, she told me "night-night, Mimi", and stayed in her bed the first time I put her down! I got to see Alexis play soccer, and she's getting so good at it now that it was fun to watch such thoughtful playing. They took me out for an early Mother's Day lunch yesterday, and I had yummy grilled tilapia, grilled skewered veggies, and a naked baked sweet potato. It was all delicious, and the company was even better!

I slept in today, so I'll go work out before going to my WW meeting this afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Happy Anniversary Dee & DH! It seems like I remember you getting married. Am I just dreaming it or have I been here that long?

I lost another #1.5. I usually weigh on Tuesdays but we were going to dr this a.m. so I took the opportunity to get on scale before we took off.

QOD: When we had a house full of kids they were pretty good when told to take out the trash, wash the dishes, etc. Each one did their own clothes (wash). (It worked out well for them b/c DSs & DDs all knew how to cook & clean when they left home & weren't married right away.) I got married right away & didn't know anything. Oh bother, those were the days...NOT.

Milkdud~Your Mother's Day meal sounds delish! Yummy!! Our Aubrey moved to a toddler bed about a month ago I think. She answered the phone last night. It was so cute.

I hope that everyone is doing all right, especially those MIAs that we haven't heard from. Has anyone heard from Jen or Maddie? I heard the weather there had really been awful again.

Well, a couple of more days to go & we are off. Check in if you can. Patti :-)

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

I missed Marci's call yesterday. Boo Hoo!

Marci~If you get a chance to read this, please call back today. I didn't see that you had called until 9:30 last night.

Starting my packing today. I'm making calendars for 4 of DC for next year w/ all anniversaries & birthdays of family. They look really good.

I've gotten a bunch of new pictures lately from the kids from when they were little, their wedding pics, & some of DGC. It is really nice.

BJ~I hope that you have a better week!

Milkdud~How did it go last night?

NH Suzanne~Were you able to ride this weekend?

Dee~What did you do?

Raeanne~Did you get some painting done?

McPeg~How was your trip?

Donna~Please check in before I leave??

Well, I'll let someone else ask the QOD but after the 15th I'll be full of questions. LOL I'll check back in later. Have a great day. Patti :-)

• User
    15 years ago

Had a great weekend with my in-laws. Lots of laughs. Very happy to report I am finally 'off' of taking any medication to help me sleep. I don't sleep right through, never have, but at least I am off the pills now. They were not narcotic or heavy, just very mild - but if you are on them long enough they can become a crutch.
    Still holding my last drop and very, very happy with that. It means I have officially moved below my last hurdle and I'm on my home stretch. Very much like the tortoise and the hare - I am the tortoise. Very happy at that - not in any rush by any means. Just trying to take better care of myself.

QOD: We have no children except ourselves...given our own clutter habits in spots - I can relate and face our own 'childish' challenges.

Let's make today count! I'm rereading my WW books today, refreshing my habits and logging.

Cheers,
    McPeg

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good gloomy Tuesday morning from a wet SE Texas!

I weighed in at my meeting last night, and I had lost 3.8 pounds since last week and finally got my 15 pound star and a round of applause! I was so surprised and happy; hadn't expected to show any loss. Now on to making my 20% loss goal.

Patti, I keep forgetting that your Aubrey is a month older than my Aubrie. Congrats on her moving to a "big girl" bed! These little ones are growing too fast. I fixed my oven-baked "fried" chicken for our dinner Saturday night, and Aubrie loved every bite of her chicken breast and green beans. Alexis and I were delightfully pleased to see her eat such a big dinner as she's usually picky. Maybe that's why she slept so well that night. LOL

I bumped up the weight on my workout yesterday. Then I went straight from there to my WW meeting where I sat for an hour. When it was time to stand up and leave, I felt the "burn" from the increase! This morning, I barely feel it and will work it off when I work out again. I'm measuring my BMI this morning and hope to see a drop from almost 3 weeks ago.

McPeg, good for you for weaning yourself from the sleep medicine. I need to do that, too, and I hope my changing my WOE and working out will lead to this change.

I miss our regular posters and the MIA! Come back and catch us up on your lives when you get time. Your input is always appreciated and greatly missed!

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Milkdud - I broke out the Texas salsa last night in celebration of Cinco de Mayo for my fajitas. I like spicy and this said mild, so I was prepared to spice it up, but it had a bite to it and was delicious. Thanks! Congrats on the star - you are doing awesome.

McPeg - WTG with the fun time with the in-laws and taking yourself off the meds. You are always inspiring.

Patti - I am working on another lake scene right now. Too bad about not hooking up with Marci.

Enjoy your day

• User
    15 years ago

Hey - I see progress in here! 15 pound star - Milkdud you go girl!! DeeMarie is coming along too! If you have not had the chance to say Hi to Wodka on a separate thread - pop over. We're hoping she joins our merry gang! The more the better!

Yep, off the meds is great - really only want to keep them for when I have bad insomnia (normally Jan/Feb). I will be on my antidepressants for life but that's fine. I don't miss panic attacks at all thank you very much.

So I've succeeded in unloading and moving the bookcase out of the living room. Just have to reload the bookcase in the basement now...and get the laundry. Just love sunny days but the wind is cold. Ouch!

Got a phone call from a headhunter to do an exec. admin. job - thought about it for a whole 5 minutes, felt sick to my stomach and turned it down. I'm not ready for that level of stress again. I still feel ill. Would have been 3 buses one way - no thanks. In 10 days or so I start cleaning out garden beds and planting again downtown for the spring gardens - more my speed right now.

Okay, I'm moving now...back later!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy TUESDAY!

Checking in before I leave the office. I said "no" about twice in the last 24 hours and my blood pressure went down to 115/70. Now, that is an amazing feat for this gal.

We went out to a nice restaurant last evening, but I ordered the wrong appy. Really wanted a salad but ordered my fave...fried calamari. Too many points and way too filling. When my entree arrived, I picked a bit and had it packed up for tonight's dinner. Spinach fettucini topped with shrimp, lobster, and scallops in light sauce. It looks yummy!

Need to get myself home and take care of a few chores with hubby. It's a lovely day and don't want to waste any more of it in an office!

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• wodka
    15 years ago

mgpeg, thanks for the introduction!

I just wanted to say, I've almost made it through my first day "back on track." When we evacuated for Katrina, I put my WW stuff in my suitcase - I had just rejoined WW weeks before and thought once the storm passed, I'd have them for my meetings. We all know how that turned out. Needless to say, I haven't referred to them or used them until today - almost 3 years later. These are things you all already know, and I once knew, but had forgotten in my emotional turmoil. It really is true what they say about keeping a food journal. It once again made me KEENLY aware of what I was putting in my mouth. Tonight will be the true test - the evenings are always when I've eaten the most.....tomorrow I'm stocking up on more fruits and veggies. All I have that qualify as fruits and vegetables are applesauce and V8 juice. Pathetic, huh.

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Hi and welcome, Wodka! I came to see if maybe you'd decided to pop in and say "hi", and here you are! A finer group of people you'll never find than in here.

I am doing the Core plan on WW, and I just love it. Last year, when I joined for the 3rd time, I did Flex-points, but I managed to cheat on it and lost my momentum. This time, I "practiced" the Core plan for 4 days before deciding to join the local meeting. I've been going since February 4th, and I've lost 17.3 pounds. Not a great loss by any means, but it is a loss, and I'll take it! I also love cooking now because I only fix Core meals and they are so delicious and fun to prepare.

I hope you enjoy doing WW again and come here to chitchat with others with the same goal!

Raeanne, sooooo happy to hear that you enjoyed the salsa! I love that stuff. I find any excuse to use it when I fix my lunches.

Off to fix "potunas" for our dinner! Easy, breezy meal - yes!!!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Milkdud~I popped in here earlier & didn't post but wanted to come back & congratulate you on your weight loss. WTG! You should be very proud of your achievement. Have you ever said what your goal is? I'm so proud of you for losing even while you were away for the weekend. Now, if I can follow suit...Ugh! You've put the pressure on. LOL

Dee~Your meal sounds wonderful. So glad that you & DH enjoyed yourselves.

Raeanne~Can't wait to see your new artwork. I know it will be great. I'm reading a book that has short stories in it. It has a really great one I need to E-mail you about. ;-)

Wodka~Welcome to this site! I think that you will really like it here. I'm not great on the fruits & veggies either. They just don't keep here. We would have to run to town just about every other day. DS & DDIL will stock us up on them while we are there though.

NH Suzanne~I heard a great tip on recycling tonight on the news--use the water that you boil your noodles or veggies in for watering your outdoor plants. (I don't know why it couldn't be used for the indoor plants too.)

I'm pretty well packed & ready to go, (I'm never ready for this trip before we walk out the door so I've done well this time.) Check with you tomorrow. Have a good evening.

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

An MIA checking in...I've been busy but in a good way! Work is crazy and time has just gotten away from me.

Wodka - welcome!!

Patti - When are you leaving? I know it's soon.

Dee, happy anniversary a day late! I enjoyed Cinco de Mayo yesterday for your anniversary.

Saratoga - I might have missed something, I have to really read and catch up but are we a go for the 29th?

I will read and catch up and will post more regularly, I promise. I try and lurk regularly but like it better when I participate :-)

Back later....really....Donna

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy WEDNESDAY!

Donna, May 29th is on my calendar as "Saratoga Day". Suzanne and Raeanne have confirmed also. Yeah!!

I'm working from home this morning, because some huge tractor trailer overturned and spilled haz-mat cr@p all over Route 287...which means that traffic is worse than usual with 250,000 cars on the road. LOL! What a culture shock this area would be to those who just have no idea, huh Raeanne?

OK, let me get back to work here.

Make today count.....I ate too many points last night, and it was because I stayed in our family room to watch Idol, Dancing w/ stars and Hell's Kitchen (alternating between channels). It's an awful trigger for me...need to watch TV elsewhere.

Dee

• User
    15 years ago

Good Morning everyone!
    Lots to do today. We are expecting some rain but I really need to get my job list organized. Continue painting, turn/weed some garden beds for my veggie garden and try and do some driving today. I'm learning to drive and have not been driving for months during our horrid winter. Need to start again and get back at it before I lose my nerve.
    I peeked on the scale this morning because my jeans are feeling a little loose...may be some good news to report on Monday. We'll wait and see. My hormones hold water, drop water, make me hungry, make me not hungry....I never trust a shift in weight until I see it for a week because I know my body.

Knowing our bodies is a very good topic for today. How well do you know yours? Do you fight your physical self or work with it? I've stopped fighting insomnia, hormones when I retain water or hit plateaus. I try to work with my body by paying attention and letting go. If I'm holding water I don't worry about an extra pound on the scale. When I can't sleep I try to ensure I'm getting out for fresh air during the day. If I'm down/upset I try to find something to do to get over it or just have a bath and a good cry (that also feels good). I'm just before menopause and just starting that phase in my life. (whooo hoo?) Already started getting night sweats every 3 weeks. Things are changing. So I'm changing. Are you up to your personal challenge?
    For today, I'm working with my body. Exercise, activities and letting go of life's stress. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Have a terrific day today everyone.

Cheers,
    McPeg

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

McPeg - congrats on turning down that job offer. You really listen to your body and that is so important. You already have a lot of coping mechanism in place to deal with menopause. I went through menopause in my early 40's with peri-menopause starting in my late 30s. Aside from weight gain, gray hair, everything shifting south, a few more bumps, lumps, bulges and wrinkles - I absolutely love my post-menopause years thus far! I have never felt more free, fearless and full of life. Embrace it.

QOD - I think I do a good job at working with my physical self. I have made exercise such a normal routine for me, that I no longer even think about whether I should or shouldn't. I don't sweat the small stuff. I have learned to say no when it doesn't feel right. I also have come to grips with the fact that I will never own another pair of size 8 jeans. I am working daily on separating my ego from my physical self. Yes, I am overweight, I am short, etc. but that is not who I AM.

Dee - 287! What a nightmare that must be. I am so glad you can work from home. Remember JUST SAY NO.

Donna - yes the 29th! Can't wait to meet you.

Patti - have a safe trip.

Milkdud - we had leftover fajitas last night, so I got to enjoy the salsa again. I have some chicken I think I will serve it with tonight.

Wodka - I would say you had bigger things to worry about than WW. I am glad your life is now back in a place that you can concentrate on you. Stop by and give us reports on your progress or when you need some motivation or just a kick in the but.

BJ - How is the big clean-up going?

I hope Marci is enjoying herself in FL.

For some reason Joanne has popped into my head a few times over the last couple days. If you are lurking, stop by and say Hi.

Gotta run, it's going to be a long day at the office.

• wodka
    15 years ago

Good morning to my new friends. Today is day 2. I thought I would start off the morning by dusting off my scales and seeing how close they were to the doctor's office. Lo and behold, it showed me weighing 104! Apparently, I need new batteries or scales, since Monday I weighed over 200 pounds! Ha. I don't think one day of good, clean living makes that big a difference. Oh, if it was that easy, wouldn't life be perfect.

But it's not, (plus I don't think I've weighed 104 since I was a pre-teen!) I've just eaten and logged in my food journal and am off to the grocery store to buy good things to eat. Hope everyone has a good day. It really is nice to have this place to visit.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Hi! I'm poppin' in just before I leave to get my hair done. I want to come back & chat before tomorrow so I'll make this brief.

Raeanne~You are so sweet. I think Marci is probably having a great time. The weather has been pretty good if she likes hot. Joanne was here not too long ago but I didn't get to see her either. Bah! I've had her on my mind too. I just love her.

McPeg~I'm in a constant battle with myself. I haven't gotten to Raeanne's level yet but I'm desperately trying. You made a good choice to know you weren't ready for that job yet.

Dee~I think that your mess might be compared to the ones in Dallas? That is always such a treat...HA! LOL Glad that you were able to stay home & work.

BJ~If you get by, I'm writing you an E-mail as soon as I get home this afternoon.

Donna~I'm so happy for you.

NH Suzanne~I'm really missing you.

Gretchen~I really miss you too.

Besh~I really miss you too.

John~I thought you would have time to stop in & see us now??

Back later. Patti :-]

• User
    15 years ago

Yeah, so where is everybody? Gardening? C'mon and pop round - we're having a grand ol'time.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

McPeg~Is it just you 'n me?

Raeanne~I must be getting too hyper. LOL I can't believe that I am ready to go before we walk out the door & looking for things to do. I must have forgotten something very important but what?

Wodka~I almost always check after I've posted to see if someone posted while I was posting & I didn't this morning. I think that you had a VERY successful first day. If we could mail your scales around & all get that lovin' feelin', wouldn't that be nice? ROFL

Well, I'll check in later. If I don't see you before--have a great weekend & please do something nice for yourselves, deal? Patti ;-]

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

It's date for Saratoga on the 29th!! I can't wait to meet Dee, Raeanne and Suzanne!! Dee, I will be in touch with you before the 29th.

I still have to catch up but am winding down right now, woke up with a scratchy throat and heaviness in the chest. The chest thing isn't one of my usual cold symptoms but nonetheless I believe that's what I have...a cold. Taking OTC meds and trying to get rid of it.

Will be back tomorrow....

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good evening! Dinner's history and the kitchen is clean. I fixed a chicken curry kind of dish, and it was a big hit, thank goodness. Enough left over for another meal, too. I don't usually make a double batch when trying out a new recipe, but I did this time, and I'm glad I did.

Not a very exciting day here. I got up, ate breakfast, worked out, recycled, went to the library for new books, and came home and sat out on the front porch and caught up on my magazine reading while guzzling icy cold water.
    (Told you it wasn't exciting! LOL)

So, Patti, do you leave for Texas tomorrow? How long will you be here this visit and where? How did the hair turn out?

Donna, I saw you peeking in. Come back and post when you can!

Wodka, I'm glad you're comfy posting here. Sounds like you're off to a good start on your eating. You have a good attitude, and that's half the battle!

Hey, McPeg. I read your post carefully, and I realized that I've really been listening to my body this diet-time-around. You're a wonderfully philosophical woman, and I'm happy that you're posting here.

Raeanne, how were the fajitas? Tomorrow night is something spicy and Mexican here for sure!

Dee, so glad you got to work at home today. Hope it was a good-eating day for you, too!

Time to veg out in front of the tv and watch some comedies.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Milkdud~I wasn't going to post again. I was just peaking in before shutting off the comp & trying to settle down so that I could get ready for a long day tomorrow. We leave tomorrow morning. We are picking up our friends that are taking us to the airport at 7:30. With gas so high, Dave wanted them to drive our car. I think the plane leaves at 11:30. We'll be back next Thursday. (Not near long enough but probably long enough for poor DDIL who is always so nice to let us stay with her. LOL) Did you post your new recipe? I have a friend in PA who is looking for good WW recipes. Are you coming to Dallas sometime soon too or was it just at Christmas that we were there at the same time?

Take care!

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting, Patti. I'll be going to Dallas area on the 28th of May for a very long weekend. I'll see my favorite dentist and get my yearly x-ray of my knee. My DDIL will leave for Hong Kong on that Friday, so I'll stay with them Wed. and Thurs. nights, then with my sister until Sunday when I come home.

Alexis and I went to Dallas on the 29th of December for 2 nights, so I don't think we were even in the same town as y'all at the same time, as I recall.

Have a great trip!

• User
    15 years ago

Good Morning!
    I hope there will be stories posted from the get together since I can't come...just love stories!

Best wishes for a safe trip for Patti. We will have her back at the end of next week.

Donna, get over this cold! I'm sending you positive energy...get your rest when you can, some chicken noodle soup and take your vitamins. Lousy time of year to get sick.

QOD: If you won $500 cash with the stipulation to spend it today - what would you spend it on?

Me - I'd get a new comfy chair for the living room.

Let's make today count everyone! I'll be posting back later to chat and see how you are doing today. Smile, think positive!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

QOD: I would put a down payment on yet another cruise with $500!!!

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good Thursday afternoon. It's already 82 here and heading up to 92. Way too early for this heat, IMHO!

I ditto what Dee just said about a DP on a cruise. All this cruise talk she does has whetted my appetite for trying it again. The first and only one I've ever done was when I was so sick with undiagnosed allergies and hubby also left our dress clothes at home. Not a good experience!

I worked out hard today to make up for a teeny-tiny screwup I made in my dinner recipe last night! I added 97% FF cream of mushroom soup to the mix thinking it was allowed on Core, and come to find out this morning that it ISN'T! Oh well - live and learn!

Tonight will be grilled salmon and broccoli, coleslaw, and a fruit salad. Very healthy!

Everybody check in and let us know that you're alive and well!

• wodka
    15 years ago

Hi, everybody....I have a WW question, please. I know I'm "morbidly obese" (such a depressing term), which according to my old WW booklets, allows me a lot of points for my daily points target - 28! Since I started a few days ago, I don't eat nearly that amount, and am comfortably full by the end of the day. Am I calculating wrong? Should I take off some of those given points because I'm older (58) and older people are supposed to eat less as they age? I feel so stupid asking this, but would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

• User
    15 years ago

Hi Wodka,
    Do you feel comfortable with the amount you are eating?
    Are you eating from all food groups - fruit, veg etc.
    Are you eating at regular intervals during the day?
    You know your body best. If you can't eat all the recommended points then don't but don't starve yourself either. Aim for a balanced diet and try to get some exercise everyday, even if it is walking down the block. Every step you take is one step forward.
    Does anyone else have any advice?

I am so happy to see you posting with us. Your goals are important and we value our friends at this forum.

No question is stupid - we are in this together! Keep talking to us - we are listening.

Cheers,
    Peggy

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Hey, Wodka! Make sure that you have enough dairy. Check online to see how many servings a day you're supposed to have. Since I'm 60, I know that I'm supposed to have at least 3 servings a day.

Check to make sure that you're having what is truly a serving size of the fruits and veggies (5 a day), also protein, grains, and dairy. (Remember that I'm doing Core so I'm not familiar with the flex plan.) When I would try to cut way back on portions at the beginning, I wouldn't lose any weight because I was doing more harm than good by starving (according to my body!) myself.

McPeg has it right. No such thing as a dumb question! And, let me help you out by forbidding you to use the term "morbidly obese" around here! We are weight-challenged, fluffy, overeaters, etc., but don't bring yourself down with that term. I give you my blessing to think more positively about yourself! :)

• wodka
    15 years ago

Thanks, milkdud and peggy! When I started typing my post/question, instead of "morbidly obese," I initally put "overweight," and I thought, "who am I kidding?" if I'm going to be totally honest with myself and others, I might as well state the facts. But I am really working on being more positive.

I'm pretty sure I'm measuring my food correctly and getting all of the categories in, like fruits, veggies, water, etc. - now that I'm getting comfortable with that, I need to work on the exercise part. In the past, when I was successful with my WW plan, I always did my exercise first thing in the morning, knowing I didn't have to think about it the rest of the day. Tomorrow I need to get that started.

Waiting on my husband to get home - we're going to grill a pork tenderloin and marinated asparagus. That an a WW ice cream sandwich will do me in for the night.

Hope y'all have had a great day. Thanks so much for the help.

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wodka, I would try my best to get in the 28 points a day. It may slow down your weight loss when you get down to a weight when you only eat 26 points, 24 points, etc. Your body needs fuel, and I'm sure 28 points is lots less than you were eating before you started. Don't let your body go in a mini starvation mode. Try a 2point glass of skim milk along with your snack. Also, add a 1point serving of cheese on your salad. Eat those points! You will lose faster with that plan! Good Luck!

Speaking of weight, this morning I noticed that I'm down 15 lbs since February. I'm feeling comfortable with that because it is not stressing me out like the old days when I thought I should lose 10 pounds a month. Ain't gonna happen, and 15 lbs down is better than on these hips!

Hope Marci is having a good time!

Hi to everyone (waving!). Gotta get back to work.
    Make today count!
    Dee

• User
    15 years ago

Happy Friday!
    Going to be a lovely day in Ottawa today. Great day for doing stuff around here. Lots to do. Still painting, sorting junk and seeing a new living room in the long haul. Good bye old stuff, hello new.
    Also started talking about house plans for next summer - we are planning on leaving Ottawa to move to our property at Sharbot Lake area to build on our land - a MAJOR reason for getting my extra weight off now. I need to be in shape before we enter the next phase of our lives. Can't have my hip grinding and lower back spasms from extra weight on my butt! I'm getting there slowly, one ounce at a time. Finishing my morning coffee, going to make my slice of wholewheat toast and get moving.

How is your Friday shaping up? Any activity planned for today? Let's get moving, shall we?

Make today count. We only have one stab at it before it's gone - do something for yourself today.

Cheers,
    McPeg

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dee - I am sure not stressing about the weight loss is making it much easier and much healthier for you.

McPeg - boy do you have a lot of exciting stuff to look forward to and a great motivator to lose weight.

QOD - I am leaving work early today as I am a featured artist at the opening of a local Nursery. They did over an old barn and it is a great space to hang art, so I am excited. I am bringing my easel and going to paint there too. Then we are going out to a beautiful gourmet dinner with friends. Tomorrow my art show continues, but I think I will have to be at the office all day. Damn, my real job is getting in the way these days. Tomorrow night we have a party for a friend that is 70 years young. He looks like he is in his 50's. I am planning on a quiet Sunday.

Wodka - keep those questions coming. I don't do WW but most of the others do.

Make the most of today.

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I forgot to mention that my activity included a 6:30am workout with my trainer for an hour - so I have been up and moving for a while now LOL.

• wodka
    15 years ago

aka raeanne, your life sounds so exciting - from being an artist to having your own trainer!

mcpeg - I know what you mean about needing to be in shape when moving/building a new home. We moved into ours in November, and I was not in good shape, and I dreaded going up and down the stairs, huffing and puffing. My feet and legs ached like crazy. Before then/after Katrina, we had been cooped up in a tiny, not very safe apartment, which was very stressful. There were many days I barely moved, except to go from the tv to the kitchen, which were all in the same room. You are so smart to be so focused and taking care of yourself.

Dee, thank you. I will work on adding some good points - I've got plenty of "good" foods that I can add during the day. I remember hearing at WW meetings not to try to go too low on the points. Congratulations to you on your weight loss. I will be so happy to see the scales go down (when I get my new scales) not the ones that say I weigh 104!

You know what I really cannot wait for? To wear slacks and not have the inseam worn out from my thighs rubbing together. Isn't that a gross thing to bring up? I'm sorry, but it really will make me happy and also more apt to go buy new, cuter clothes.

Now I'm off to go exercise.....

• User
    15 years ago

Yes, let's keep shaking our fannies - any way, any how. It all helps.
    Wodka, I am tickled pink you are joining us. I know only too well about inner thighs - I am blessed with flabby thighs - part of my genetic makeup. Years ago in the military I was at a dangerously 'low' weight for me, even then I had wobbly thighs. Thank heavens I now know the difference between my body's healthy weight and not what some idiot doctor thinks I should be to fit into their textbook...Wodka you've come to a great place. We take no offence at anything you feel like talking about. Been there, shook that. It's still reverberating from the last time I shook it...who cares. So long as YOU feel better about each tiny step along the way, that's what counts the most. We are here for each other, at all stages of our journey. If and when the day ever comes that I reach my goal I have a feeling I will remain here to maintain and keep in touch with all of my new friends. Maybe one day we can all get together and have a few laughs. You have had one heck of a time since Katrina. Your story amazes me and here you are - finally able to do something for yourself after all of this. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I love to say this...

You go girl!

Everyone here inspires me to stick with it, keep mentally happy (key here). Just promise yourself no matter what - even on those bad days where you truly believe you have totally blown it - LET IT GO - come back to us. God bless us all for our mistakes, trips, falls and being human. After all, what is perfection? I don't want it. I plan to keep my wobbly thighs because that's who I am. Maybe as I lose weight my chest goes flat and falls south - so what. It's me. If ya don't like it - don't look! My husband laughs everytime I say this and shakes his head.

Are we a great bunch? I think so.

So where is our male counterpart these days? Has he run off with a new flame on an exciting adventure somewhere? We'd love to have you check in!!!!

I feel wonderful today...flab and all! (LOL)

Keep smiling, big ones! See - I'm smiling!

Ta ta for now, check in later!

Fantastic with the exercise...I have to get back up that ladder and throw some more paint around...

• User
    15 years ago

Just curious - what does your trainer have you do in your circuit? Great stuff. Don't you feel energized for the rest of the day? I'm not THAT energetic - yet for a trainer routine but who knows. I have my swimsuits hanging up and I really should get back to the pool and practice floating (I'm very good at this)....

Has anyone noticed me up the ladder painting that wall? Look out - I'm full of mischief today...having waaaay too much fun here with all of you.

Okay, I'm going to stop blabbing and get on with things now...hey, stop laughing! Really, I'm going up my ladder...see...look!

• User
    15 years ago

Great stuff on your weight loss. I've lost 10 in the same time. Every ounce counts...

okay, okay...I'm going now....

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wodka - I wouldn't want to mislead you - most of the others here have known me a long time and know my life isn't all that exciting LOL. I have just started to seriously paint this past year, although I am proud of my progress I am far from being a great artist - I have a hard time even calling myself an artist - I usually just say I paint. My personal trainer is truly a luxury and if gas prices continue to skyrocket - that may come to an end, as I have to drive 30 miles to her.

McPeg - the reason I love my trainer is that I go for months without repeating an exercise, she always keeps it fresh and new. One day a week she focuses on high cardio interval training, another day we usually work with heavier weights and fewer reps, and the 3rd is a mix of weights, cardio and floor exercises. We also do at least 120 abs each day. I try to do cardio on most of my off days. I swear there is a skinny muscular body hiding in me LOL. I do get energized by working out. I also notice the days I don't work out I have a harder time falling asleep.
    Be careful up on that ladder.

My turn to stop blabbing....

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Hey, speaking of exciting lives....haha....is anyone watching Survivor? What a blast those tribal councils are to watch!

QOD: What's up for the weekend? I have errands to run this afternoon after I leave the office @ 2pm. Tomorrow I tackle the home office files (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). Hope to get some herbs planted on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon we are picking up MIL to take her out to the country somewhere for dinner. (You guys would laugh at what I call "the country", but I think there are like cows out in fields not far from this restaurant. DH picked it out.) LMAO!!!!!!

• User
    15 years ago

Dee - get back to getting your deck done!

• besh
    15 years ago

Good Evening All and Happy Mothers Day weekend!

Welcome Wodka! What a story you have to tell. I am so happy that you decided to join the group. You will get the support you need here, it is a great bunch. I do WW most of the time, other times I do well...nothing. I am sort of inbetween right now. Being careful about what I am eating, but not keeping tab on the points..which is bad. You should eat all of your points though. Your body goes into starvation mode if you don't. I look in the mirror and wonder how this body can possibly go into starvation mode, but I guess it is true. Keep up the good work and keep coming back!

Raeanne.....the featured artist!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send pictures, that is so awesome! Have fun this weekend.

McPeg, how did the painting work out? Did you make it up that ladder yet?

Patti, I hope that you and Dave have a wonderful time with the family.

QOD: $500. I will buy a Nikon D40! (I am saying will instead of would, trying to work my Feng Shui!)

Dee, happy belated anniversary. I hope that it was great! So, are you coming to Salem this year?

Milkdud, thank you for your kind words to Wodka about being positive and nice to ourselves. It is nice to have a reminder. My mom used to have this plaque that said "youse not fat, youse just fluffy" and it had a picture of a little fluffy sheep on it...really cute (I guess only if you were having a good day!)

Got kind of a quiet weekend. It is pouring buckets tonight, so I am going to curl up and try to finish the book I have been reading, I don't know, like forever and then watch "What not to wear". I love Stacey and Clinton.

AI update...Are you happy that Jason went home? I think he really just gave up.

oxoxoBesh

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

QOD - $500 is going towards my Italy vacation!

Besh - really it isn't a big deal, but I did sell an original and a couple prints - we will see what today brings. The beauty is I don't have to be there the entire time. Thanks for reminding me, I usually tape What Not To Wear and my DVR must've dropped it.

Dee - You are cracking me up and stay out of those fields LOL. Thanks for reminding me about the herbs. I usually plant, basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. What a difference fresh makes.

Suzanne - Where are you? we miss you...

We had a beautiful dinner last night with good friends. We had done them a few favors and they gave us a very generous gift certificate to this fantastic restaurant. They also had been given a generous GC for the same place, so it didn't cost us anything and we had enough leftover to go to the wine cellar and pick up 2 bottles of nice wine.

I have just been drafted to be the official photographer at the birthday party we are going to tonight. I can't wait, the last time I was the photographer I had so much fun - I got to meet everyone at the party. I think I will make up a photo album for the bday boy as a gift - because as of this minute I still haven't gotten him anything LOL.

McPeg - did you come down from the ladder yet? I forgot to mention that I am a good floater too - in my case it is all the body fat I still have LOL. Everyone says if the boat goes down they are holding on to me LOL.

Enjoy your day!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy Saturday!

Well, I got in my 2point walk with my neighbor. DH and I went to do some banking and herb/veggie plant shopping....what a madhouse. Must have been over 200 people at this nursery. I just got finished with almost 3 hours of yard work (I stopped counting after 6WW points earned!) My strawberry pot/herb garden has basil, sage, chives, cilantro, parsley, and thyme. I also planted zuchs, cucs, and tomatoes. Believe it or not, we could not find any pepper plants, so we need to shop for those when we pick up our impatients next weekend. I'm so tired. DH is mowing the lawn (we fired the landscapers because of incompetence and we can certainly use the exercise!) He promised to help me for a few hours with the office paperwork...we'll see!

Have a great weekend and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Apologies, Besh. I keep forgetting to answer your question. I'm going on a cruise up north in July which stops in Boston. One of the shore excursions is a trip to Salem. Trying to convince my cruise buddies to take the Salem excursion and maybe have time for a quick hello. My friend's mom is scheduled to come with us, but has had some health issues lately. They have all taken insurance in case they can't make the cruise, so it doesn't seem likely that we can book any shore excursions ahead of time. Will keep you updated. If you are OK with it, please e:mail me your cell phone #.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Howdy from Texas! Our plane was 2 hours late leaving on Thurs so we spent the whole day @ the airport. LOL Aubrey is fabulous. She has changed bunches in the past 5 months. The graduation party was today & so much fun. Have seen two DGC & 4 of my DC so I have to say it has been wonderful!! Except for today the weather has been pretty nice--today in the mid 90s. Tomorrow is the graduation. Dave is sick again. We are babysitting now.

Dee~Our DS is from NJ & his DGF can't believe this heat. LOL

Milkdud~I think we came back on the 1st of Jan so it looks like we did just miss each other both times. :-(

Raeanne~You sound exciting to me too.

Besh~I'm thinking we would buy a camera too. I really want a fancier one.

McPeg~Keep posting. You have been an asset here.

Wodka~I know that it is hard not to think of yourself as "morbidly obese" when the drs. keep using that term. I always hated it. I'm so glad that you have joined us here though.

Well, had to check on my DFs real quick. Happy Mother's Day & have a good week. Talk to you Thursday if not before. Be good to yourselves...Patti :-)

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good Mother's Day Eve, everyone! I have already had the best Mother's Day ever! My oldest Dson and his wife surprised me by driving down from the Dallas area last night for the weekend. My hubby managed to keep this a secret for 2 weeks.

Today we drove over to surprise my youngest Dson and his DDs. His wife knew ahead of time, but we caught son and girls offguard at Alexis's school carnival this morning. It was fun watching their faces when they saw us. Later, we all went to Alexis's last soccer game, then back to their house to cool off. (Aubrie and I snuck in a nap!) Dinner was at a Tokyo grill, totally not WW-friendly. LOL

Everybody came back over here for a sleepover tonight and grilling ribs tomorrow. This is the first time in 11 years that I've been with both my sons on Mother's Day, so it's even more special.

I wish everyone of you lovely ladies here a very special day tomorrow, be you a mother, stepmother, furbaby mother, you nurture and cherish others.

• User
    15 years ago

And if you're not a Mom, I sent my wishes on to your family for a happy day nonetheless.

Yes, I came down from the ladder - DH took me to Forbidden Kingdom yesterday. Relaxing. Today I paint the living room ceiling, finish the white base coat on my last wall (this is taking forever moving furniture around) and Monday start the colour. Going to take a piece of the fabric I'm making the curtains with to the paint store to match the wall paint tone - heck I've come this far might as well get the colour right.

Stopped in at the Lazyboy store yesterday - we ordered a new couch (recliners on either end) and a new oversized giant recliner for Dave (6'3"). It has a great feature of extended leg rest you can push out with your foot so your feet don't over hang. These are do in a couple of weeks which hopefully works out for all of my old furniture around here that is spoken for and due to leave about the same time - otherwise the stuff can get introduced to the back garden shed. No love lost there! Finally getting our first living room furniture that's not hand-me-down. Only took 15 years but that's okay. At least it's cash and not on credit.

Wonderful to see everyone is enjoying their families this weekend!

Today is clean the fridge day, grocery shopping later. So I am thinking of what can I get myself for this week. Need to also start digging in the freezer to see what we have in there for meal planning. I keep forgetting. With food prices rising, I'm getting more and more fussy on portion sizes (less waste), quality and buying what we really eat and not stuff we might eat. I don't know how folk manage raising families these days. So expensive. Also have to think of packing lunches this week since I start my seasonal job of planting business/hotel garden beds. Need to pack lots of water. If ya hear me moaning next weekend about muscles I forgot I own this will be the reason behind it...I should dig out my bubble bath stuff too for this week!

Enjoy your day today. Think ahead. I see apples in the fridge that need cooking (mmmmmmm), carrots and sugar free jello for later this week. Good week to get my single serving containers out to make my treats. Gotta get working on a new mini weight goal!

Cheers,
    Peggy

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor