Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support, Tues May 31st through Sunday June 5th

Posted by NHSuzanne (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 05 at 8:56

Good Morning Alll,

Stop in and tell us how your weekend was.

I drove Sweet Pea yesterday and she went great! Lovely, soft and relaxed. I could not have asked for more. I love that girl.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support, Tues May 31st through Sunday June 5th

Wow, where is everyone? Still on holiday???

o

I'm here!

Suzanne - I'm glad you got to ride SP this weekend. I didn't get to go kayaking this weekend, but I was out there 6:30 this morning. The water was like glass, not another boat in sight - truly paradise.

Nothing exciting to report here. Had a busy weekend with DD's, we did some fun stuff, but the weather really didn't cooperate. Last night my girlfriend came over for dinner and today we went window shopping and had a nice lunch together.

Check-in and let us know how your weekend went.

o

Hi everyone,

I posted yesterday on a thread that was supposed to go through the 29th. I was going to move it here today, but this one starts with the 31st, so I guess it will have to stay in neverland. Anyway, I'm letting you know it's there.

A neighbor girl gave me some mangos, but I need to let them ripen. They eat green mangos here with shoyu and vinegar, but it doesn't sound that appealing to me.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Aloha, Amy

o

Posted by: aamylynne (My Page) on Mon, May 30, 05 at 21:55

Hi All,
As for this weekend,I didn't go nowhere nor do nuthin. Oh, wait, I spent the weekend on a tropical island enjoying deep soft sea breezes, relaxing, talking with friends, petting my cat, and eating exotic fruit. /shrug

"Amy~ Send us an inspiring message about the beautiful plants and friut in Hawaii this time of year." Okay. :)
I've never eaten lychee before this week. It is native to Southern China, grows on trees, about the size of a large strawberry, with a dragon skin that is hard and has sharp bumps all over it. Inside, it tastes kind of like a cross between a purple grape and a melon, and the ones I tried were quite sweet. Very tasty. Below is a link to a picture.

Otherwise, not much has changed. Speaking of questions, has anyone here seriously considered the relationship of physiological body processes to subjective experience? Just curious. If so, what are your thoughts on it? It's quite an amazing phenomenon, though we take it so for granted.

BJ - thanks for thinking of me. I know I'll hear from you when you have a minute. I can't keep up with things either.
Take care everyone
Aloha
Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: lychee

o

HI folks,

Well I worked all weekend.. so didnt do too much. I did get out and see Starwars again. I got a chance to see some fireworks on my break at work, so I took in a little of the holiday. Its been cloudy, cold and rainy most of the days I get out of work.. and the sun wont show until im fast asleep so Im hoping this weekend is as nice as they say so I can have some outside fun!

Im in the process of testing how different foods raise my blood sugar to see what kind of diet I should follow. Im hoping complex carbs dont raise it too much, as I am not all that thrilled about doing a no or low low carb routine. I have been testing before meals and then again 2 and 4 hours after to see how much it goes up. Ive also been doing a lot of research on the different meds and treatments, so next time I see the DR he will either be impressed or annoyed :)

Anyone have any ideas for low carb or healthy snacks I can bring into work or for a hike? That my weak point right now. I need some things I can make ahead and carry with me and something other than popcorn I can enjoy in front of a movie....

I hope everyone is having a great week!

John

o

Almost forgot,

rabbit rabbit.

o

Hi All!

My weekend went well, although I didn't experience a weight loss. But then, I didn't experience a weight GAIN either, so that's good!

Sunday, I took my 14 y.o. to tent city and we brought a bunch of stuff they needed that we'd collected, also some groceries we'd bought. Everyone there was SO nice. My DD is arranging a men's clothing drive for them. We had our friends over for a salmon dinner Sunday night and everyone stayed until nearly midnight! We all had a good time and eating food with friends is always fun!

Monday, I donated blood and then took the kids to see "Madagascar" - I loved this movie. It was verrrrrrry funny!

Yesterday, I had an interview with a high-ranker in the industry to put my dream job employability into perspective. I came out of that feeling pretty good!

Tonight, I'm making dinner 14 of for DH's classmates here. He has a small group he's been working with and they're having an end-of-the-year meal with their teacher. I'll actually be glad to get this done, as I'm a little nervous about it. I don't know many of them, so my cooking will be put to the test!

Amy~ Glad to hear you tried the lychee! I tried them once, but I really couldn't get my head around the texture of them, so they're not my favorite, although I do like desserts that incorporate them!

John~ Some low carb snacks:

1/4 cup blueberries or pineapple
1/3 cup raspberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, honeydew or grapes
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 small apple
1/2 medium-size peach
1/2 cup peppers
2/3 cup asparagus, broccoli or string beans
1 cup cauliflower or summer squash
1/3 cup onion or carrots
1/4 cup peas or corn
1/5 cup potato
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup almonds
2 oz Cheddar cheese
2 mozzarella sticks
1/3 cup hummus with 1 cup raw cut-up vegetables
1 rib celery filled with 1 Tbsp. low-carb peanut butter or other nut butter
1 piece low-carb bread with 1 Tbsp. each sugar-free jam and low-carb peanut butter
1/2 cup low-carb ice cream with 1 Tbsp. low-carb chocolate syrup
1 container, about 4 oz. low-carb yogurt
2 cups sugar-free gelatin topped with 1/4 cup whipped cream
1 cup diet soda with 1/2 cup low-carb chocolate ice cream

Now I'm hungry! I'll check in and read later!

Make this day a BUSY one!

o
RE: //SS Support, Tues May 31st through Sunday June 5th

Good, good, I guess everyone's BUSY!

But..... too busy to check in and say "hi" today?????????

o

Hi!

I am officially on "Summer Hiatus"!! I am taking every day and treating it like a gift. I am exercising again, still eating right (have lost 5 pounds so far), reading again and just trying to enjoy myself.

I spent the afternoon at my parent's house and just visited. This morning I helped plan a family reunion for DH's side of family, and now I am kicking back on the computer before I cook dinner. Then I need to finish clearing out DS's old room so we can start painting in the morning. That is about as busy as I plan to get today! LOL

If I don't check in for a few days, it means we unplugged the computer while we painted.

Now I am off to fire up the grill and cook some shrimp.

Later,
Marci

o

Hi,

I had the scariest experience tonight. While eating dinner with DS #2 tonight, a piece of chicken got lodged in my throat and I was receiving no air. Alex immediately realized what was happening and performed the Heimlech. The chicken dislodged itself in seconds. It all happened so fast I still can't even believe it happened. I am so proud of DS. He is 14 and a super hero in my eyes, as always! Enjoy your life, you never know what each day will bring.

Love you all,
Besh

o

Good Morning All,

I posted here yesterday and it's no where to be found! I must have posted to another thread!! LOL

Besh (((((HUGS))))) thank God your DS was there to save you. How frightening that must have been.

Marci, it's good to hear from you. You sound relaxed and ready for your break! Enjoy yourself.

I was in the deadline from hell yesterday. It's over for the most part this morning. Pretty amazing since this was only a four day work week! We usually don't finish until Friday! I need to start thinking about what I want to be when I grow up!

QOD: Are you taking a summer vacation this year? If so, where are you going?

o

Good morniog all!

Besh! Wow! Bless your son for being able to do that! I would have lost my head and paniced--my goodnes-- I am sitting here just shaking even thinking about what *could* have happened--(((((((Alex))))))))))

BJ--So, how did the dinner go? How much longer does DH have in law school? And, can you tell us what this job is?? (Enquiring minds want to know!!) Love ya!

John--your weekend sounds kinda like mine--we did a show all weekend, except we were stuck inside in just gorgeous weather! And then it was cloudy and cool on Monday when we did get to go play--

Amy--so good to see you post--wish I was there with you! :):)

Things are the same here--good or bad, depending oin how you can look at it--

Hugs,

Maddie

o

QOD - no summer vacation for us. We may go to a wedding in San Jose in July - not sure of the date yet - but it will a quick visit.

A friend is having an art show in Manhattan, so I am heading there on Monday for 1 night - it should be a fun packed day - we are meeting up with a very eclectic group of people and that always makes for an interesting time.

I did my paddling this morning and may hike a piece of property this afternoon that someone is interested in selling. DH's customers invited us over for a BBQ tonight in their new home - so I have to find time to pick up some flowers or something to bring there.

I've been thinking of DeeMarie - hope all is well with her and that she is feeling strong.

BESH and ADAM ((((((HUGS))))) My eyes teared up reading that WOW. Besh you are so fortunate and Adam must feel that he is too!

I'm with you Maddie - I would've panicked. My DD was about 3 years old and she was choking. I picked her up and headed to my next door neighbors house LOL. The motion of me grabbing her - dislodged the food. But I was a total wreck.

BJ - I wasn't about to ask what job you were looking into - I wasn't sure if I could handle the answer LOL. I know you can do anything you set your mind too and I know that anyone that would have you working for them would be very fortunate.

Marci - You are going into this vacation with a very good attitude - I love it. Congrats on the 5 pounds.

NH Suzanne - glad your deadline is nearly over. When you were 8-10 years old what did you like to play with or do? They say that your grown-up job should reflect that.

I better get busy, have to make the most of my day off.

I saw Monster In-Law last night with a couple girlfriends - we enjoyed it, very cute, romantic and a few good laughs.

o

Raeanne, your question is too funny! I made tree forts and indian huts like crazy when I was young. I played in the woods all day long!
And I was horse crazy but didn't have a horse to play with so I made them out of sticks. I had an entire coral full of horse sticks in my fort!

So, I love construction and did that for a long, long time.........and now horses!

I like WHAT I am doing I just don't like WHO I am doing it for. It's a shame really. Is anyone else here in sales?

o

Good afternoon.....

I posted a couple days ago, but its not here....Oh well..I must have done something wrong.

Haven't heard from Jen in a while...are you out there?

DH and I learned quite a bit from out Diabetes Nutrition Workshop.... it is hard to change from counting sugar grams to now focusing on carbs and fiber. It will be a challenge to find proper foods, they are out there.

John...I will keep you posted as to how DH is responding to this WOE, he checks his blood 2x's a day.

Raeanne - I saw Monster in law and Loved it. Very cute.
QOD: Going to St. Augustine FL. My aunt has a time share and let us pick a place. It is within driving distance so we went for it. Plus it will be free to us. Can't pass that up. Not many chances for that comes our way.

Hope everyone out there is doing well.

BESH - hugs to you and DS. What a frightening event.

NH Suzanne - glad your out there riding beautiful Sweet Pea. I have your pic on the refridgerator and people say
"OHHH... who is that?" They have commented on what a beautiful picture it is with you and Sweet Pea. And it is!

Bye for now.

Magickitty

o

I thought you might enjoy this picture. I'm not sure what it is, but there are a few around here.

Here is a link that might be useful: blooms

o

Good Morning All,

Amy, that beautiful tree looks like a Royal Poinciana to me. They are tropical but never having been to Hawaii I don't know if you have them there. Very pretty.

It's Friday!! I had another lovely drive with Sweet Pea last evening. She is just going so nicely and feel so blessed that she made it through her terrible illness last year and that we are back in the saddle so to speak.

They are predicting very warm, summery, humid weather here this weekend. As much as I hate hot weather I will take it!

Gretchen, I am missing you so stop in and say hello. That goes for Patti and whoever I have missed.....drop by and say hello.

Maybe we should have cocktails here this afternoon!!!!! I will be serving margerhitas!

o

Hi Everyone.

NHSuzanne, I'm grateful, too, that sweet pea is doing so well. You have certainly meant a lot to each other.

They do have the royal poinciana trees in Hawaii. Here is another link to a picture and below I have a link to some other Hawaii flowers. http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/carr/images/del_reg.jpg
Here is another link to some beautiful Hawaii flowers:
http://www.alohafriendsphotos.com/flowers4.html

I've started a forum with a friend called A Joy Forever. The banner at the top is one that I did, and the forum colors and backgrounds were developed by my co-founder, Tehl Nava. You may notice that one of the backgrounds comes from an Escher print. We have different sections, with a strong emphasis on pretty pictures (with me being an artist,lol). We have twelve members so far, and are slowly growing. At the moment, there is no guest posting, so you need to register to post, and all registrations have to be approved. So far we have sections for News, Websites and Creations, Interesting Artifacts, The Amazing Earth, Healing, Home Businesses (Creating Your Own Path), and a community gathering place. We are just getting started, and hopefully will keep growing. I imagine we need a section on pets and on gardening, too, lol. In the Fun and Games section, there are threads (so far) for posting lyrics to favorite songs, word association, and cute pictures. In the Forum News section, there are some directions on how to post pictures (Under "New Tags Available." I started a section for upbeat news stories, but haven't been able to keep it up, so I'm looking for more good, positive, and upbeat news stories. I hope you'll stop by and check us out.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Joy Forever Forum

o

NH Suzanne - I'll have mine on the rocks with salt LOL. My friend just got a job where the employer serves the employess a cocktail of their choice every Saturday afternoon at 3 LOL. I am seeing if they have any openings LOL.

We had a wonderful evening with the couple that invited for a BBQ last night. We didn't leave until midnight - we were laughing so hard the entire evening. The husband called this morning to say how much fun they had - I was just waiting for my DH to come in, so I could get their number to call and thank them. He's a dentist and gave me this really cool toothbrush - it's a Sonicare (which I already use), but this one dispenses the toothpaste too.

Amy - the tree is beautiful and I'm amazed that NH Suzanne knew what it was, especially since we don't have them in these parts LOL. I haven't been able to get back to your site, but I will. I find I don't do enough physical stuff when I get on this darn computer.

MagicKitty - I was afraid the movie wasn't going to be very good, after hearing some reviews - but I'm a sucker for a corny romantic comedy.

BJ - let us know you survived the dinner party LOL.

I'm at work, so I have to get back to doing some WORK.

o

I'll have mine through a shunt.

Yep. I didn't get the job I so wanted. The guy said that it was given to a guy with more experience. (Personally, I'm sniffing BS here b/c the interviewer(and the ad) said that experience didn't matter. And I have plenty. So......

Whay a s*cky way to start the weekend.

o

I'll take all the tanguire and tonics nobody wants, and make em doubles :/

I didnt get the job I was after either Maddie so I can relate. This is the 3rd or 4th job in a row I was in the running for about a month and it fell through at the last minute. I really want to get off of nights, but feeling rather defeated at the momement and think im just going to take a month off of looking and enjoy the summer.

I was able to put the kayak in a couple times this week, and had 2 lovely days out on the water. We have a kayaking class on sunday, and a barbque today, so Im glad the weather is holding up. Im bringing a cuke,tom,olive,pepper salad. They always say I dont have to bring anything, what they dont know is I only do so that I have at least one healthy choice and dont have to eat the mayo heavy salads and chips most people provide, I will just continue to let them think its my good manners making me do so ;)

The site looks very nice Amy.

Well I need to get motivated and make that salad, the sun is already out!

Make your weekend a good one!

John

o

Happy Saturday....just checkin in to say Hello. The sun is finally out here so I am gonna jump in the pool before it starts to rain again.

I got a call from a old friend in California this morning and talked for about an hour... it was great getting caught up. It was a great way to start the day.

Take care...lets drink tons of water......salute!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here