o
SS Support, Mon, May 21 to Sun, May 27

Posted by aka_raeanne (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 07 at 8:44

just getting this started

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Donna

I didn't want anyone to miss this important and sad message from Donna.

Posted by donna_southnj (My Page) on Sun, May 20, 07 at 11:54

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to stop in and let you know I will be missing most of this week. My dad went into the hospital on Wednesday and passed away very peacefully Saturday morning. He was very, very sick and was not going to get any better so, even though we know it's a blessing as he was in pain and had great difficulty breathing, it's still hard to accept.

We are having a viewing and service Wednesday evening and, as he wished, he will be cremated. Probably some time in July when the tide is high and the summer sun hits the Atlantic so it looks like diamonds is when we will release his ashes at the location he requested.

My family and I so much appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and support.

I will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I love you all.

Love, Donna

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
RE: SS Support - 14-May through 20-May Brought to you by
clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by marci_pa (My Page) on Sun, May 20, 07 at 13:15

Oh Donna -I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I sit here with tears in my eyes and hope you know how much we care.
Death is never easy, but watching someone you love in pain, is even harder.

May all your wonderful memories of the times you spent together get you through the next few days and months to come.

Marci

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Posted by yankandtex (My Page) on Sun, May 20, 07 at 17:12

Doona~ [ [ [ [ H U G S ] ] ] ] We just want you to know that we are here for you whenever you need to talk or vent. We are a part of your family & you don't have to stay away. We will shed tears with you & listen. If you wanat advice we will give it. Otherwise, we are here for your needs. Please don't forget that. I'm truly sorry & my condolences go out to you & your entire family. Yes, there will be prayers & positive thoughts all the while. :) Patti

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on Sun, May 20, 07 at 20:20

((((((Donna))))))) may your fond memories bring you peace. My best to you and your family. How beautiful to think of spreading your father's ashes when the tide is high and the summer sun hits the Atlantic so it looks like diamonds! I love that idea.
We will all be thinking of you this week and look forward to when you can come back and share your joy and your grief.

We love you too.

o
RE: SS Support, Mon, May 21 to Sun, May 27

((((((DONNA)))))) - How sorry I am to hear of your loss. I know how much your dad meant to you. Please remember those last few great days you had together and take comfort in knowing he is at peace and no longer suffering. I am so glad he got to see his friends the other day and was in good spirits. That is the memory you need to hold onto. Sending you love and peace.

o

Donna - my deepest sympathy to you and your family for for the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your familoy at this time!

Lynn

o

Back again.

Patti - I am originally from Ohio and moved to FL 6 yrs ago and was ready to leave afte two yrs. Our first choice would be TN to move to. So we would be considered Half-backs LOL! My DH cannot handle major snow so going back to OH is out of the question. We started walking about 6 weeks ago and we go in the evening anytime after 7:00 pm. I agree that it is too hot and humid and some nights it has been tough, but lately we have had a great breeze. It would be impossible to do it this summer, but we will be in Ohio so we will be able to continue walking.

Marci - I too was a Gilmour Girl fan and was not real pleased with the last show. Just was not satisfying for me. I will miss it. Maybe there will be GG movie in our future. I would absolutely love to live in a town like stars hollow. What a hoot!

Suzanne - ((Hugs)) to you and Sweet Pea...hope you are still mending nicely.

Well....gotta go to the dentist....

Have a wonderful day!

Lynn

o

Oh Donna, I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Love, Besh

o

Marci/Lynn - I didn't see the last episode of GG yet. I actually enjoyed the previous 2 episodes, but what really bothered me was the season that mom and daughter were estranged - that just wasn't believable. Then Lorali had to go off and marry Christopher. I think they may have had a change in writers or something.

Lynn - I only heard of "half-backs" a few years ago. I love that term.

o

[[[[[[[[[[[[[DONNA]]]]]]]]]]]] My apologies that this condolence is late. I was away attending to family matters all weekend and just got back onto e:mail.

I can only imagine how sad you feel right now. Please remember how blessed your dad was to have such an attentive daughter who loved him so much. I'm sure his peaceful passing was something that you all wished for...I can relate to what your family has experienced and pray that you can all celebrate his life by living out all the good he passed on to you.

Please come and vent here when you need to...I think you also have my phone number, but I will e:mail it to you.

o

Good Tuesday all,

Donna, I hope things are going well with you and your family. We are all thinking of you.

It's a lovely day here in NH. It poured here all weekend and was an absolute deluge for my friends outdoor wedding plans. We moved it all inside and had a nice time in spite of the weather! She is now an official member of the MOB (married old bag!) with Nag of course!

o

Helllllllloooooooooooooo??????????

WHERE IS EVERYONE? HAVE YOU ALL RUN OFF TO LONDON WITHOUT ME?

o

I'm here Suzanne.

Just feeling sad for Donna today. Awoke this morning thinking that I know firsthand what an awful day she has ahead of her. Thoughts are with her family.

Not much new here. I have a cooking class this evening in a nice, upscale store in town. We are going to learn to turn some recipes into heart-healthy dishes. It's 3 hours and just some "me" time. I promise to share the recipes if they are good (or if not!)

Marci, is Stephanie Plum's new adventure due next month? I need some uplifting stuff to read (and the time to read it) lol!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying nice weather.
Make today count!
DeeMarie

o

I have also been thinking of Donna and know all too well what she is probably going through. ((((HUGS)))

Tally Ho Suzanne - I have not run off to London. It is a beautiful day here and I can't wait to get out of work and play a little.

I have been busy with a landscaper for ideas on what I can do with my front yard. It is pretty much in a natural state right now with lots of trees, but also weeds, that we keep mowing down LOL. DH would love a nice manicured lawn - I prefer more of a natural setting - I think we have come up with a good compromise - I am just hoping we don't have to sell the house to pay him.

Dee - I wanna go with you! That sounds like so much fun. I was thinking of you this past weekend, knowing you were involved in a chore you didn't want.

come on by and say hello.

o

Hello from London! (I wish!)

DeeMarie - June 19th is when her new book, Lean Mean Thirteen comes out. I got 2 B&N GCs from my students, so I will be first in line to get it. I had previously pre-ordered it, but they were holding the rest of my order until June, so I canceled it and ordered something else. Now I am Ready, Willing and Able to start my summer reading.

(((DONNA))) - Sending much love and many prayers your way.

I have one more graduation to get through tonight, and I only say "get through" because of the way I feel. I finally broke down and made a doctor's appt. for tomorrow. This cough just won't go away and now I have a sinus headache to go along with the cough. Hopefully I will feel better by the weekend.

NHSuzanne - How are you feeling? How are the chicks coming along?

Raeanne - My DH has this habit of planting trees and then chopping them down when he thinks they are too big, the roots too close to the house or whatever. I came home from work one day this spring and he had chopped down 4 large pine trees that we had planted when we moved in in 1979. He also dinged the house while cutting them down, so I was not happy with him that day. Granted they were getting too tall and spindly, but they hid the neighbor's house from view and believe me when I say that was a good thing. Good luck with your landscaper.

Gotta run and get ready for tonight.

Later,
Marci

o

Good morning all,

I thought I would share a little bit of the fox fest we have been having at my house! I can never seem to get all four kits in the picture but this gives you an idea of how cute these guys are. Mom is very attentive and they just romp and play constantly.

The last picture shows all four. Mom has just come back with some tasty treat and they are all enjoying what ever the poor critter was!

Thinking of you Donna. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Suzanne, that is not the same picture I could have taken this morning as the %&(%@() chipmunks tore apart my flower boxes. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raeanne, my class rocked last night. This chef made a creamy (very low fat) pesto to die for. I've made a PDF file of the recipes and will try to send to you.

Need to go and get some work finished today.
Dee

o

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QOD: What's up for the weekend?

I'm taking off here at 2pm and heading out to run errands....groceries, garden center, maybe a shoe store later. Tomorrow it's yard work followed by dinner with my in-laws. Sunday we have no plans except to work in the house. Monday evening we hope to attend a local baseball game which will be followed by a fireworks display.

What say you???????????????????????????????

o

Suzanne - Love those photos. How adorable are they. I wish they were in my yard.

Dee - Thanks, I would love to have those recipes. I am out of here at 1 and it can't come quick enough for me. Suzanne beat us all, she is out of her office at noon LOL.

QOD - I feel like my weekend started yesterday. DD#2 came home, we went out on the boat and had lunch, we then had dinner out and just as it ended there was an unexpected fireworks display that we caught, afterwards a quick ride on the swings in the park - made me feel like a kid again. We may go for a helicopter ride this afternoon, tomorrow my brother, his wife and 3 kids will be arriving for the rest of the weekend, Monday is a town parade. I need to sneak some cleaning and cooking in there somewhere.

Have a wonderful safe weekend.

o

I'm back....thank you all so much for the good thoughts and hugs, I felt each and every one of them! This has been a tough week but luckily the weather has held up for us. My dad's funeral was jam packed, he would have loved it :=)

After all of the errands this week and this morning at the surrogate's office and then the financial planner's office, treated myself to a manicure and pedicure. My mom, sister and I are going to an early dinner tonight and then come home and, hopefully, chill.

QOD: Try and get some form of normalcy back in my life. Tons of laundry, need to buy and plant my flowers and want to visit the pool this weekend.

I will be checking in and posting pretty regularly again.

Thanks for being there!!!!

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here