Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Daily Mon May 24th to Sun May 30th

Posted by maddie_in_ky (My Page) on
Mon, May 24, 10 at 8:02

Good morning, you bunch of gorgeous women! (And chickens, too!)

I hope everyone has a great week! And the MIAs will check in--

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Daily Mon May 24th to Sun May 30th

Yes, I hope eveyone has a great week, too.

It is a beautiful day to-day and I'm so pleased. This is a holiday in Canada and last week they were predicting a rainy week-end for our area. It is beautiful sunshine and about 27 degrees Celcius at least.
ivamae

o

Good Monday all,

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

You all are going to enjoy this...especially Maddie! It's twin Moose!

http://www.wimp.com/babymoose

o

Happy MONDAY!

Only checking in briefly; life is still hectic, but in a good way. The wedding is so close! My dress(s) fit nicely after alterations, bought a bra that actually fits with the neckline(s), my friend made me a great necklace, I'll have my pedi in place: DH has his Perry Ellis white linen slacks hemmed, and we are almost all set for a (barefoot) wedding ceremony on the beach in Punta Cana next week!

Hope all is well with everyone. I need to catch up!
Dee

o

Dee - which resort in Punta Cana is the wedding at? We went to Melia Caribe Tropical twice and they have the most gorgeous weddings there. How exciting!

Suzanne - that is the most precious video. I wish that was my backyard. Was it you that had a problem with tomato blight last year? Are you planting them again this year? I am just doing tomato, peppers, eggplant, shallots, garlic and herbs this year and considering asparagus but not sure I want to make the garden bigger this year.

Tikanis - what are you growing these days?

Ivamae - hope the good weather continues for you.

Maddie - thanks for getting us chickens started.

Loving this beautiful weather.

o

MIA checking in!

I really need to read and catch up.

Maddie, thanks for starting us off this week. I have more furbaby pics - need to download and post. Promise to do it this week.

Love and hugs to all - have a fabulous week!!

Donna

o

Hey, were is BJ?

o

Good Tuesday all,

Where is BJ and all the other MIA's?? Check in please.

Maddie, I hope you watched the moose video.

Getting ready for our bike trip to Washington. It's going to be a blast!

o

I LOVE Moose! That was a wonderful video!

Dee, this sounds like quite the fun wedding. Planning is half the fun!

Ivamae, I hope your nice weather holds up for you. Are you feeling better this week, I hope?

Raeanne, I have tomatoes (4 varieties), peppers (3 varieties) Black Beauty eggplant, garlic, shallots, green onion, some lettuces, herbs, patty pan squash, zuchinni and pumpkins. Next year I hope to build raised beds, but time just got away from me this year!

Please let us know well in advance the dates for the next Girl friend's getaway. Suzanne and I might just show up. for certain I will be in NY this fall. I will let you know the dates soon.

Suzanne, when do you leave? Please take pictures along the way so that I can vacation vicariously! lol! I bet you'll have a blast!! It's been a long time since I've ridden on the back of a big bike!

Tonight is the night of the concert. If you missed it, my kids are taking me to see Crosby, Stills & Nash BY KAYAK!! in San Diego for my Mother's Day gift. I can hardly wait!!

Tomorrow, my sister graduates with her MSW and Saturday night is her big party. What a fun week. Might have to squeeze some work in there somewhere too!

Have a great day and I'll report back tomorrow.

Tikanis

o

Yes, I'm feling much better.
Thank goodness

o

Good Wednesday all,

I got the nicest surprise package in the mail from Tikanis! A book by Monty Roberts (the original horse whisperer) Thank you so much for such a thoughtful gift. I know Monty Roberts well as I attended many of his demos while working for the equine magazine. I have never read his book and although I feel like I know him well I know I am going to learn lots more. With so many natural horse trainers now I don't think that Monty gets the acclaim he deserves. What a nice surprise.

Raeanne and Tikanis, I have several raised beds which are a real labor saver. I planted 12 varieties of tomatoes and 60 plants. I will plant 14 in my own beds and give the rest of the plants away. Next year I must show some constraint! I have an asparagus bed, a garlic bed, and I planted green beans, zucchini, summer squash, basil, beets and carrots in the rest. That more than enough to feed us all summer and make my famous zucchini relish for gifts. I have my raised beds out in the back pasture so that when I am gardening I can have the donkeys, horses, and goats all around. It's lovely. I do have it fenced off to keep the goats at bay. LOL

I am serious about going to Raeanne's weekend next year. Tikanis you should make the plan too. That would be a blast!

Tikanis what a fun night you are going to have! I love CSN and Y too.

Dee, have a great time at the wedding. How can you not?

Ivamae, glad you are feeling better.

We are leaving tomorrow morning on our journey to Washington, DC. I will take pictures and share when I come back. Should be a really moving and powerful weekend.

Sure hope you MIA's check in while I am gone.

o

Hi all!

My goodness, everyone has got exciting news lately! Graduations, trips, get togethers--what fun! :)

Our garden is going great balls of fire this year. (OH, gad! Did I just jinx us?!) We planted (from seed, mind you): KY Wonder beans, Blue Lake beans, Dragon Tongue beans, Sugar Snaps Peas, shelling peas, tomatillos, Amish Paste tomatoes, Brandywine tomatoes, Early Girl tomatoes, Better Boy tomatoes, San Marzano tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, Delicious tomatoes, okra, Fairy Tale eggplant, Dusky eggplant, Poblano peppers, Anaheim chili peppers, Lipstick pimento peppers, bell peppers, habanero peppers, cayenne peppers, jalapeno peppers, Tabasco peppers, hot banana peppers, paprika peppers, ghost peppers, cilantro, chives, oregano, thyme, dill, stevia, parsley,catnip, sage, basil, lavender, rosemary, chard, radishes, bak choi, several lettuces, mustard greens, kale, kohl rabi, mesclun, spinach, yellow squash, zucchini, cukes, cantaloupe, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and pumpkins. In raised beds. Not to mention the patio blueberry bushes, along with the honeyberry bushes. Oh, and we have a garlic bed, too. We also started a bunch of flowers from seeds this year, too, but I can't remember them right off the bat. I do know that the TX Bluebonnets got up about 3 inches, and the birds or a squirrel ate 'em. We do the "Square-Foot gardening system, and it works very well. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

Other than that, things are chaotic, as usual. I have been trying to get some information re: insurance policies that belong to my heart adopted mom, and the insurance company keeps sending up roadblocks. Now, they want some sort of affidavit from the original attorney that did my POA in '04 saying that I'm still the POA. WTH? Seriously? The atty bills at $250/hour; she doesn't have it, and neither do I. I don't know what to do. I am sooooo fed up with this. I've fought for 13 months now, and I.am.tired. I have spent hundreds of hours, and countless miles on my cars to help someone that doesn't have anyone but me, and this is what I get. No good deed goes unpunished. Remember that, y'all; its good words to live by. :)
Hugs,

Maddie

o
Whoops!

Suzanne, I loved the video. I swear, I was sitting at my desk, and had just started watching it when my big girl jumped up, and snuggled between my folded arm, put her head on my forearm, and watched it with me, purring. When it was over, she got up, and moved over to the other side of the desk.

Truth. :)

o

Maddie, I started Amish Paste and Brandywine OTV myself this year too. I have a myriad of other varieties and must show some semblance of restraint next year!

Hope everyone has a nice long weekend! Be safe. Think of us down in DC with Rolling Thunder! I think it's going to be heavy but good.

o

Maddie - you put my puny garden to shame - I am amazed! Hope you get that legal mess straightened out.

Tikanis - we need an update on CSN by KAYAK!!! How awesome.

Suzanne - I can just picture you in the garden surrounded by all your animals. I would be thrilled to have you and Tikanis join me next year! What a blast we would have.

Where is Wodka???

Too hot here, but it beats the snow.

o

Suzanne, did I miss a link??? My sister absolutely ADORES moose.

o

Donna, yes, you missed a link. Scroll up on this thread to my post of May 24th. You will see the link..wimp...etc.

o

Hello and Happy THURSDAY!

Looks like some of you are going to enjoy the Fall in New York State; you are in for a treat. Let me know when and where and I'll try to sneak up for quick visit.

Work is so hectic; they have changed over 90% of the systems we use and nothing resembles anything! Literally making us do the jobs that A/P, HR, and IT used to do. Everything is centralized with 800 numbers (calling India, of course), so there is no help. Can you imagine? I had an HR issue with one of my reports. I had to call an 800 number and after speaking with 2 people, they put in an HR Help Desk ticket in my name. Took me 48 hours to get the answer. If I had enough $$$, I would retire at this point, but.......

OK, hope everyone has a lovely weekend. My impatients are looking lovely in the back; the front flowers have not yet bloomed, but they will. This weekend, I hope to plant my herbs and some veggies; then DH will build something to keep the critters out of my herbs and veggies.

For all you animal admirers, our 4 little fish in our pond are well, thank you! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe and make every day count!
Dee

o

Good Morning!
Running late this morning as this has been a VERY busy week!

Ivamae, glad that you are feeling better! Is your nice weather holding up this week?

Maddie, I am sorry to hear about this new mess with your Heart Mom. There are ways around these things, though. We should talk...

That is quite the garden you have there! Wow! I miss having the space to grow so much. I have always used the square foot method, too, and little by little I am making raised beds for the grow space that I have in order to use it more efficiently.

Suzanne, I hope you have a BLAST on that bike trip! Can't wait for the photos! I am so glad that you like the book! I thought of you immediately when I saw that book again. I love Monty Roberts, and you are so right about him He started a local program here to help disabled/autistic kids with "horse therapy". This program just received a very large renewal grant from the state and is highly acclaimed.

My sister graduated yesterday with her MSW. Hurray!! What a great day it was! There's a big party at her house Saturday night to celebrate. We all went out to dinner after the grad ceremony and i am dragging a bit today..

The CSN concert was absolutely AWESOME!! We paddled in at sunset, about 75 boats on the water. The venue is open to the house on one side and open to the water on the other. 2 1/2 hours of GREAT music on a beautiful late spring night. Outside of plaster of paris hand prints and the first mother's day cards in crayon, this was the BEST mother's day gift ever! : )

Raeanne, Suzanne and I are SERIOUS about the next girlfriend's get away. Can you just imagine the trouble we could get into TOGETHER???

I had better get some work done here!!

Have a great day!

Tikanis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here