SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lee676

You all have permission to hate me, but....

lee676
17 years ago

I need to gain weight.... and have no idea what the best way to go about it is.

I've spent so much of my life trying to lose weight, limiting calories and fat, that I can't get used to having to *increase* my caloric intake, to eat larger meals, and skip the diet soft drinks. I'm a 5'8" male and my ideal weight is about 150 lbs. For years I hovered around 165 and for awhile was over 175. Stayed that way for years, despite sporadic dieting and exercise. Then I finally hit upon something that gave me the motivation to stick to a serious workout regimen and my weight dropped to 150 and stayed there.

Last week, I weighed myself and suddenly I'm only 143 lbs. Perhaps it's because of the onset of warm weather and I tend to jog and run more often - I've done a couple of 5k's in the last month - but I can't account for the suddenness. I don't feel any trimmer, and don't really look it either, although I've noticed that my pants are a bit loose.

So how do I get my weight back to normal? Go on an ice-cream binge? Spend more time vegging out on the couch watching TV? I do want to stay healthy though, so those aren't likely the best choices. What do you do if you've overshot your intended weight loss?

Comments (6)

Sponsored