|Well, I've finally done it!!!! I've been trying to find a low-carb bread for my stepmother who is diabetic and think I've created a recipe that's not too high in carbs or calories. I've been making bread every weekend (and freezing and giving it away, because I can't eat it all!!!) and think I've finally got one that works.
This makes three loaves. But I killed the yeast one time, and it only made a big enough dough for one loaf. I baked it anyway, sliced it thin and still got 32 slices (hard to believe, but true) out of it. It was dense but very tasty and passed my 7 year old dd's taste test. If you don't kill the yeast like I did it comes out less dense and three loaves worth!!! I did also revise this a bit and am going to try it again this weekend to get it down to 6.4 carbs and 87.3 calories. The one below has 7.3 carbs and 91.2 calories per slice based on a 12 slice loaf and three loaves.
Amount Ingredients grams Per 1 unit Total
The first number is the amount in the recipe used. The second amount is the total grams of carbs per the second calculation. The third number is the total carbs per the amount in the recipe.
If you'd like me to email you my spreadsheet just let me know. Enjoy!!
|Mmmmm.....I am keeping a copy of this! |
Thank you so much for sharing.
Return to the Diet Club Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.