Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Former SSers: pro/fat pizza crust?

Posted by eklektos (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 21:35

For those of you who used to do the SS diet here or other low carb diets, do you remember an SS Level 1 legal, protein/fat pizza crust recipe? I know we had one. I just can't remember what it is.

My little daughter (almost 8 years old) is currently being tested for a number of things, one of which is Celiac's disease. I seem to have some intolerance to grains too (and Celiac's is genetic, so we have to explore this option). She's been a little concerned about some of the favorite foods we might have to give up together--pizza being one of hers. Today I remembered that some 9-10 years ago, I used to make an SS-legal pizza, but I cannot find the recipe or even remember the basic ingredients. Does anyone recall what I'm talking about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Former SSers: pro/fat pizza crust?

eklektos - Here are a few I had in my files, plus an idea for Portobello mushroom pizzas.

Hope this is what you had in mind.

Marci

PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM VARIATIONS

Brush them with olive oil, or another favorite, and sprinkle with ground pepper, a bit of salt (and any other seasonings, like chipotle pepper), and grill them, keeping them moist with oil.
Turn the portabella gill side down on a non- stick baking sheet and cook them in a 350 degree oven until they lose their moisture and become almost crunchy. Turn them over and cool for a few minutes. Add a little low carb spaghetti sauce and some grated cheese and whatever pizza toppings you can fit on them. Heat until cheese melts and sauce is hot.
Slice into nice chunks, saute in butter, garlic, and fresh ground pepper and deglaze the pan with white wine. Let cook until sauce thickens a bit, pour into a bowl and top with Parmesan cheese.

PRO/FAT PIZZA CRUST
4 oz. cream cheese
2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
2 C crushed pork rinds
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together and press onto a cookie sheet; bake crust 15-20 minutes, until light brown around the edges.
Put toppings on crust and bake an additional 20 minutes.
You could also use this for a cold vegetable pizza. Mix cream cheese with dry ranch dressing and spread on top of crust, top with vegetables and shredded cheddar cheese.
Posted by cjpendlet63 @ ss.com

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4-oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1-2 T cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups mixed Italian cheeses (Sargentos)
1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice:
pepperoni
ham
onion
green pepper
mushrooms
bacon
browned sausage or seasoned ground beef
Additional Parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 375
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream,
Parmesan cheese, and spices and mix again.
Spray oblong (13x9") casserole dish with PAM. Sprinkle 2 cups Italian cheeses into dish and pour egg mixture over it. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and pile with your favorite toppings. (I used browned hamburger, pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, green pepper and onions.) Then sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake till bubbly and browning. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.

o
RE: Former SSers: pro/fat pizza crust?

Cream cheese and egg together sounds familiar. I'll give this a try.

Thank you, Marci!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here