Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone out there done 'The Master Cleanse?'

Posted by smile247 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 14:08

I just started today and its going good.Couldnt do the salt water this a.m so Im sticking to the Lax.tea in a.m. and p.m. Just wanted to know if anyone else has done it. Any words of wisdom or helpful hints? Did you feel good or bad or hungry at all during the cleanse?How long did you do it for?Did you feel like it did a good job when you were done? Thanks-Smile247

Here is a link that might be useful: The Master Cleanse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone out there done 'The Master Cleanse?'

It all sounds like hocus pocus to me....not something I would do...

tell us why you chose this to do?

o

Well, Ive been looking for a good cleanse and several people I know have done this with great results. It is also recommended in the book Toxic Relief by Dr. Colbert.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toxic Relief

o

Personally, to save your own life and have a "good cleanse" -- I think you should just have a colonoscopy. Colon cancer is quite the killer if not found early --- this would kill two birds with one stone --- and maybe, save your life.

o

Does a colonoscopy do all this too?
Purpose of Master Cleanse from book-
To dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
To cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
To purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
To eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
To relieve pressures and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
To build a healthy bloodstream.
To keep youth and elasticity regardless of our years. -Smile

o

I have done the Master Cleanse but not for a prolonged periods of time. A day or two is good but it must be followed up with a very good diet free of toxins.

I am a firm believer in detoxing the body as much as you possibly can. This is not to replace a colonoscopy to be sure. A colonoscopy cannot accomplish the same thing as a detox of your body. But our everyday environment and the foods we eat are unfortunately filled with toxins that put undo stress on bodies inside and out. Our organs work overtime to deal with them.

I think a couple days of fasting does anyone good but you must be willing to eat a more natural diet too. If you want to detox you have to address your diet or it won't do you much good in the long run. That means buying organic as much as you possibly can and limiting things that are full of antibiotics, hormones, etc. Also washing all your fruit and veggies before eating them. Simple steps make a huge difference.

o

Thanks so much for your response. Ill keep my post Master Cleanse diet in mind. i dont want to mess up a good thing.-Smile

o

I did it for 10 days about 3 years ago, and I thought it was a good thing. I felt better, physically, but mentally, it was torture. I'm a very social person, and normally went out to lunch everyday, and since I didn't want to listen to lectures about what I was doing, I didn't tell anyone, and I'd just pretend that I wasn't hungry (I wasn't, for the most part), and just drink water.

I am thinking about doing it again.

o

My hats off to you. I just went for 5 days and stopped. It was my first time to do anything like this. Didnt really know how mentally challenging it was going to be. I do believe I will do it again in the future, because even though I didnt go the entire 10 days, I can still feel great results. I just dont feel so heavy inside and I feel refreshed. It did give my a good jumpstart to regular exercise and eating healthier. Next time I believe I will become more mentally ready. Im glad I did it.-Smile

o

Good for you Smile247! Five days is a long time for your first time. Alot of people who fast for prolonged periods of time speak of getting great mental clarity not to mention the physical benefits. Reading your post has made me start thinking that it's time for a fast.

Just curious - did you lose weight too? What was the first thing you ate when you broke fast? Do you find yourself eating the same old junky food or are you paying more attention to what you consume now. I would love you to share.

o

nhsuzanne- Yes I did lose weight,although that was not my purpose of doing the cleanse. I lost 6 lbs. It was so fast Im assuming it was water weight. My sister who is 18 did it with me and lost 10 lbs.Im 30 so I dont why some people lose more than others. I have a friend of mine who did it for 15 days and lost 22 lbs. She is the same age. The fist thing I ate was a grilled chicken salad. I know your supposed to do the o.j. thing....but I was soooo hungry. Let me tell you,that was the BEST chicken salad Ive ever tasted!:0)I am doing better with my eating,but Im not going overboard. Im taking baby steps. No sodas or sugar is where Im going to start and also at least 30 min. of walking a day.If I deprive myself of everything I love I know Ill give in and end up eating bad and back to square one. I really am glad I did it. I feel like I truly did cleanse my body.-Smile247

o

I have done it for 21 days and lost 21 pounds! It is not for the weak minded. It is mostly mental than physical. Many people criticize this detox, but many of them have not tried it. I was very happy with my results and I also quit smoking during my fast without withdrawl symptoms. I also did not do the salt water flush, but rather stuck to the laxative tea If you have any questions, feel free to ask!:)

o

I want to begin the lemon cleanse in a week and I'm concerned about the salt water flush. I heard that you can do the tea laxative in the a.m. and p.m. but Im not sure how early I should drink the tea in the a.m. so that I'm not interfering with my work. Also, do we know if the tea laxative works just as well as the salt-water flush? I know that I had to drink a glass of salt water before and it was not successful (I threw it up right away). I would appreciate any feedback.

o

I just started the diet. I am on day 4 now and 5lbs are gone. I feel great. The 2nd day was rough. I didnt think I was strong enough mentaly to do it....but I am amasing my self day by day. The salf flush isnt that bad as long as you just down it. I was alreay following the Atkins life style and hit a platue for 8 weeks!!!!! And this is doing the trick! I already quit junk food 4 months ago so I am sure the lbs wont be comming back after my 10-15 days are up. I really feel so much better. I wake up feeling ready to go. Im never tired. And this is only day 4! I can only imagine how I will feel on day 10! I am 25 and getting married in 2weeks so I am looking for something quick and Im glad I found the master clense. I plan on doing it 2x a yr.
Good luck! The results will keep you motivated.
~Shantel

o

Ok, so I'm a little frustrated! I have two motives for doing the master cleanse... One, I wanted to change my eating habits and eliminate the cravings that I haven't been successful denying by trying to eat smart, so I felt I needed to do something aggressive! But two, I am a woman, of course I'd like to she'd some unwanted lbs. tis is my 3rd day and when I woke up this am I was unpleasantly surprised to see that I had GAINED 2 lbs. I'm committed to the 10 days if not more and I have not cheated a bit!
Of course those of you above know this is somewhat of a challlenge and to see negative results is frustrating. Has this happened to any of you? Any advice/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! however I do feel great and I know that's the true intention. But I have to be in a bikini in 7 weeks! Haha
Thanks, your fellow master cleanser hopeful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here