Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Losing 'Baby' Weight

Posted by verenap (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 14:08

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a little while but thought I'd jump in.

I checked myself out against the Body Mass Index and found out that I need to lose 22 Lbs to get to the high end of my healthy range, 58 Lbs to the low end. OUCH! I knew I was a little lardy around the middle...and I've always had those thunder thighs, though they have gotten worse lately...So now I need to figure out how to lose the weight in a healthy, low cost way (WW just isn't in the budget :-( and I think the big thing is I need some accountability. I'm hoping this is where you all come in, because you seem pretty good at encouraging each other to keep on track.

I'm 24, wife, mom of 1, 5'9" and 190 (OUCH) Lbs. Poor DH, when we got together I was working at a very physical job and was in teh best shape of my life...now, four years later (three years spent at a desk job, and the last one with a baby) I'm probably in the worst shape of my life.

I've started making little healthy changes to my diet (More salad & veggies for supper, instead of loading up on carbs) but I'm a raging chocaholic, and I'm not very good about exercising (kinda hard to use the weight equipment downstairs with a little guy on the move, wow...that sounds like an excuse...)

So any suggestions on how to get started? My main areas that need work are stomach and thighs...I've jumped 6 sizes in 4 years, and I want my 'sexy' clothes to fit again.

Verena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Losing 'Baby' Weight

I feel your pain! I've decided that weight watchers isn't in my budget either. I almost cried when I realised that I'm overweight now...After baby #1 came 5 months ago. I see a lot of women on base who have babies the same age and don't even look like they've even thought about having a baby, much less have had one. Another disappointment with my plan...I can't take my baby to the gym, so that's out. I think my only option is walking. But I need accountability. Me & working out aren't the greatest combination. Let me know if you come up with something that will fit into a mom's routine! I need the help too!!! My poor hubby...We were looking at pictures from when we first got married and he was like "look how thin your face is". That's when I realised this HAS to go!

o

I hear you on those women who look like they've never been pregnant...Bags!! ;-) (Why couldn't I have had those genes??)
Walking is good...My goal is to take my little guy out in the stroller, and push him on roller blades at least twice a week now that the weather is getting nice. I got my blades at a garage sale a few years back, but have hardly used them. I got out on them once last year and could sure feel the 'burn' in my upper legs, so I'm guessing they should do some good damage to my thunder-thighs.

Verena

o

I've thought about that...and my husband laughed at the thought last week! Me blading...lol But he has offered to walk with me 30 mins every evening. I want to get me a pedometer so I'll be more concious of my movements. I'm looking at WW kits for auction online so I can do it at home. I'm going to buy a measuring tape and scale tonight :s That's going to be scary! Keep me posted on the roller blades!

o

Oh...you're braver than me!!! Have a scale...but a measuring tape...AHHHH!!!! (In reality, I should take those measurements...so I can know how many inchs I've lost as I get back in shape...) Good for DH to be willing to walk with you...my DH takes the dog out most mornings when he's home...but he goes for 5 miles...a little too far for me to start out with!!

o

Poor Dog! 5 miles is a LONG distance. We just go for a stroll with the baby and puppy along the river or through our housing area. He's the one saying "we've gone far enough...remember, we have to walk back home too!"

o

LOL...we have a little bird dog...Britany...he's so bonkers, he probably does an extra two miles to hubby's every one. He's three years old...good little dog. Extremely high energy, but really very gentle with our little guy. We're thinking of getting a second one later this summer. (I think we may be insane for even considering it, but DH really wants two dogs to work with.)

o

We have a lab/husky mix. He's 8 months old and almost 60 lbs! And he's lazy...so when we take long walks, he's ready to go home before anyone else. We're not getting another puppy for a few years, but we're planning on another baby in a year and a half. So I really want to get rid of this weight so I don't have double to get rid of for good since we're only having 2.

o

Our little guy turned 1 today! (So much for eating healthy...'cake anyone?')
...We're holding off trying for #2 until the fall...I have a lot of major projects I want to get done this summer, and if the next pregnancy goes anything like the last I won't be able to get anything done (8 1/2 months of all day 'morning' sickness). DH is wanting 1 more, I'd like *at least* two more...so I guess we'll have to wait and see...but, yeah...I definately want to be in good shape going into this next one.

o

We're going out of town tomorrow...This weekend will be full of fattening foods. My hubby's gma is coming from Holland for a few months. The Europeans eat a lot of oily, fattening foods!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here