SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
verenap_gw

Losing 'Baby' Weight

verenap
18 years ago

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a little while but thought I'd jump in.

I checked myself out against the Body Mass Index and found out that I need to lose 22 Lbs to get to the high end of my healthy range, 58 Lbs to the low end. OUCH! I knew I was a little lardy around the middle...and I've always had those thunder thighs, though they have gotten worse lately...So now I need to figure out how to lose the weight in a healthy, low cost way (WW just isn't in the budget :-( and I think the big thing is I need some accountability. I'm hoping this is where you all come in, because you seem pretty good at encouraging each other to keep on track.

I'm 24, wife, mom of 1, 5'9" and 190 (OUCH) Lbs. Poor DH, when we got together I was working at a very physical job and was in teh best shape of my life...now, four years later (three years spent at a desk job, and the last one with a baby) I'm probably in the worst shape of my life.

I've started making little healthy changes to my diet (More salad & veggies for supper, instead of loading up on carbs) but I'm a raging chocaholic, and I'm not very good about exercising (kinda hard to use the weight equipment downstairs with a little guy on the move, wow...that sounds like an excuse...)

So any suggestions on how to get started? My main areas that need work are stomach and thighs...I've jumped 6 sizes in 4 years, and I want my 'sexy' clothes to fit again.

Verena

Comments (9)

Sponsored