SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nbrooks_gw

Frustrated - Not Losing Weight, No Extra Energy

nbrooks
15 years ago

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice. I turn 40 in July and have committed to start taking better care of myself through regular exercise and a healthier diet.

I started off great in January and walked on my treadmill daily and watched what I ate. I took off my holiday weight fairly quickly, and dropped about 10 lbs to 150. The winter flu/cold season was a hurdle with the entire family getting sick for what seemed like weeks and I slid back into bad habits.

I started back up again 7 weeks ago and have seen very little results - only 2 lbs. (I would like to lose 20 more lbs.) I have become more strict in my diet, limiting caloric intake to between 1200 - 1500 calories and my daily exercise (running, walking, biking, free weights, pilates) is estimated to burn between 1900 - 2200 calories.

In the past when I have undertaken a healthy lifestyle regime, I have lost approximately 2 lbs. a week! This is SO frustrating - 8 weeks and only 2 lbs. What gives?

To top it off, I really don't feel invigorated with my lifestyle changes. I am still exhausted by the end of the day and ready for bed by 8 pm. I had my physical in January and the doc gave me a great bill of health. My thyroid and blood work all came back OK.

Should I be doing something differently? Thanks for any and all advice!

Nancy

Comments (11)

Sponsored