SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_southnj

SS Monday 4/24 - Sunday 4/30

donna_southnj
17 years ago

Good Monday Morning!

I am off today - last day of a long 4 day weekend. Hope everyone has a great week!

Donna

Comments (38)

• deemarie5500
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

For those of you who missed this weekend...Donna and BJ are still celebrating birthdays.

Let's get this week started with a:

QOD: What is your top priority for this week?

I'm hoping to get through 4 days of international visitors and 10-hour days of meetings here at the office. Beyond that, I cannot think straight. The good news is after they leave (late Thursday afternoon), I am invited to a cocktail party being held for American Cancer Society volunteers. My friend and I RSVP'd and I'm excited about it. She's going to drive and I'm glad because after 4 days of meetings, networking, and training, I will need a big cocktail!!!

Make today count!
    DeeMarie

• donna_southnj
    Original Author
    17 years ago

QOD: My top priority this week is to spend some time with a really good friend who underwent valve replacement surgery almost 2 weeks ago and has had some big setbacks. My priority on a "me" level is to watch my points, drink my water and take some walks this week.

Dee, that sounds like a great event to attend and for a great organization. I would need a huge cocktail after meetings like that too - the timing is perfect!

Time for me to get off this computer and get out and make the most of my last day off until the weekend. I will check in later.

Donna

• Related Discussions

SS Daily Support, Monday April 4 - Sunday April 10, 2005

Q

Comments (29)
    Hey! Have a great weekend, everyone! Friday: Went to a garden party at the local nursery. Dress up affair with wine, appetizers and desserts while strolling along, looking at the new spring plants. They had a cool smooth jazz band. I met up with a gal pal there and it was fun! Saturday: Having a luau bday party for my 9 yr old. Starts at noon with hot dogs, SUN chips, and Capri SUN drinks, along with bday cake and Hawaiia music! Then we're playing Aloha sack races, pin the coconut on the tree, the wrapping paper game, limbo. After that, I have a video of "How to do the Hula". We're having everyone dress Hawaiian and greeting them at the door with leis and then taking their picture. While the party is going, my DD is going to print the pics and put them in little Hawaiian shirt frames and place them in the goodie bags, slong with Aloha mints, bracelets, and blow up beach balls. I have little Hula bears and other fun stuff for prizes. It'll be a fun day! At 3 o'clock, I'm going to veg out and crash!!!!! Sunday: Picking up my kids' cousin for the week (spring break) and we're heading for the Oregoin coast for a week. Life's a beach! After picking her up, we're going to visit my friend with the twins. The teens will watch the twins while I and my girlfriend clean house and help her get ready for a garage sale she's having next weekend. Sunday night, one of DH's friends rented a place and is giving a slide show. He's a photographer who travels the world and his shots are really awesome. It should be a GREAT show! Monday, first thing in the morning, I'm off to the coast! DH is putting together a new laptop for me, so I'm going to try to check in a couple times by wireless connection while I'm gone. Make this weekend a good one! PS: I forgot to mention, LAUNDRY!!!!! In between everything, there's the ever-present laundry. Raeanne???? Are we still doing laundry together on weekends? Here is a link that might be useful: Seth's pictures!
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. 4/18/05 through Sun. 4/24/05

Q

Comments (25)
    Maddie, many thanks!---you're such a good singer!!!! lol. Wow! That's quite a compliment you gave me. I finally caught up on my reading and found I will miss you this year in KY. Bummer. But you still need to come to Seattle and so this makes the trip more necessary, don't you agree? My mom and dad and I will miss you SO much! We're missing the Colonel's pic nic this year since my dad thinks it'll be a madhouse in its new location. Anyway, I'm a love-a, love-a, love-a you and wish you the best in your at-home biz. You shine, sister! Go girl! And you WILL have an auction house someday---check out how far you've come already! Have a great trip on your upcoming vacation! Raeanne~ Thanks for the e-card---I love Maxine! You are so cool to start my day like that! Smoochie! Hey! You've got to start checking in more----you're kinda quiet lately---me too. I have had my hands rather full of DD with mono and spring break, but this weekend, I'm catching up on laundry and life and diet chat. My older sis sent me a book called The Crystal Bible. SO COOL! You'd love it! The local star gazers shop has just about every crystal you can imagine, so I've been reading up on them all---and of course, every time I crack the book, I think of you! Amy~I just got a new domain name registered for a website I'm building, but TIME---I need TIME! You ideas sound like a lot of fun! My oldest DD has started drawing this year and is having a lot of fun at it. I love her stuff. She does realistic-looking drawings of all kinds of stuff. She aslo dabbles in abstract photography. It's been great! Back later to finish this; my dryer is buzzing at me! Love to all!
    ...See More

SS Daily = Monday, July 30 to Sunday, August 5

Q

Comments (38)
    Hi Guys! Raeanne: Not to be too picky, but I think YOUR name is a different spelling of Juanita! LOL! Dee:We have one of those bands here in Seattle---an old band that's still around called Jr. Cadillac. Ya gotta love the staying power of these old rockers. Well, I am in the throes of foster parent training. A few years ago, I rode the roller coaster of the adoption process with DH before he halted the process at the last minute...ouch! Anyway, that being water under the bridge, we're going to try fostering instead! I have been taking all the training classes and learning a ton. Yesterday, I had the drug-affected babies class. I've taken 33 hours of classes so far and have about 20 more to go. Our family is getting our FBI and fingerprint check next week! Then CPR, HIV/AIDS/blood pathogens and first aid training. After all that, we'll submit the applicationa nd have 2 or more home studies done, then see what happens. It's my purpose in life right now to get this license! I have lost 1 1/2 pounds since I came back to my SS gal pals (and the elusive John). Thanks to you guys, I am eating Uncle Sam's and yogurt for brekky and curbing (sort of-lol!) my nighttime eating. Baby steps! Now, for the exercise part!!!! Well, I have to de-weed my front yard, then I'm off to the ferry line!
    ...See More

SS support Monday 8/24 to Sunday 8/30

Q

Comments (10)
    Good evening, everyone! I've had a lovely birthday celebration which has spanned several days so far, with more to come! Marci, the birthday gif is terrific! Thanks for doing it. Wishing you a great first day of school if today was that day! BJ, sorry about your MIL's fall. Hope she's better soon. At least they're not staying in your home - that has to help somewhat. Hope you're recovered from your flu quickly, too. (((BJ))) Raeanne, congrats on a successful sale! I'm sure that my fave chair went for a small fortune, too. Suzanne, good for hubby for gittin' it done! Did you take him out for a good lunch afterwards? Jan, your anniversary dinner sounded wonderful and had to be worth the small temporary gain. I actually ate out twice yesterday with friends, and it was wonderful. A group of church friends met us at Cedar Landing where I dined on a very lovely and healthy salad, then blackened tilapia, garlic mashies, and yummy steamed veggies. Dinner with another group of friends at Eric's, a really unique restaurant. I forget the name of the pasta and shrimp dish, but it was light and healthy and oh so tasty! Afterwards the five of us shared a slice of dark chocolate cake for my birthday. I was also serenaded with the birthday song at both restaurants! LOL Today was a fairly quiet day, lunch with a nice workout friend, then a relaxing afternoon of listening to the thunder followed by a great rain! Quite a few special phone calls, too. Sometime this week, I'll drive over to Beaumont and go out for dinner with my son and his family. My DGDs did call tonight to sing "happy birthday" to me, and that was very special! Aubrie even remembered to add "and many more!!!" Not bad for an almost 3-yr. old. Thanks for all your birthday wishes. I'm really glad to be in such a nice group of people!
    ...See More
  • aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

QOD - My priorities this week include: taking a girlfriend to a Speed Dating event tonight. I am waiting in a nearby bookstore, just in case she needs rescuing LOL. I also have to get some plans rolling on an art show I am involved with this summer. Of course I will continue on with living a healthier lifestyle. And kayaking at least twice this week.

Let's keep this party going - I love birthdays LOL.

Donna - I'm sorry to hear about your friend - glad you can be there for support.

Dee - It sounds like a HUGE cocktail is in your future and you are going to totally ENJOY it.

I have a ton of work, but couldn't ignore such a good QOD.

Enjoy and drink up (water that is).

• zig123
    17 years ago

Donna ~ enjoy the rest of your long weekend. What a good friend you are.

Joanne ~ (((HUGS))) you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

Debi ~ thinking about you. Good luck.

Raeanne ~ Speed dating never heard of it but what a concept Guess I really am getting old...LOL good luck with the art show plans.

milkdud ~ it sounds like you are doing really well with your new knee

Dee ~ I"m not crazy about most "coctail parties" but love the cocktail part...LOL

QOD ~ besides shoe shopping (JUST KIDDING!!!!!)Yearly physical on Thursday. At least for the first time since DS was born I am positive he won't mention my weight and frown.

COME OUT AND PLAY ALL YOU MIA'S !!!!!!

later,
    zig

• Joanne13
    17 years ago

Q.O.D. -
    3-4 trips to see my Mom
    Wedding Shower tomorrow night for business partners daughter
    Founders Day on Wednesday night - BIG event for Beta Sigma Phi Sorority - Anniversary of the founding of our Sorority - about 400 women will attend.
    Trying to get a major project finished at work.
    Will try to golf 3 times (not sure how that's going to work itself in)
    DD is trying to find a job and I'll be helping her as much as possible.

Glad I never learned how to cook - DH still keeps me on the SS straight and narrow.

Hi to all.
    Joanne

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

Zig - Speed Dating is where you go and have about 7 minutes to talk to a potential date. I'm not sure how many guys she gets to talk to, but I think she is there for at least an hour. You can't reveal where you live, work or your full name. I have been helping her work on questions to ask - to keep it interesting and hopefully insightful (as long as he is honest). I am using her ex for inspiration on what not to look for LOL. It should be worth some laughs on the way home if nothing else. I could never do it, but I am glad she is.

Joanne - that may be the secret to SSing successfully - have someone else prepare your meals. Have fun at the sorority event.

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

Happy Monday everyone!

I could not resist the QOD either.

My TOP priority is putting together a chicken coop and will be ordering a dozen laying hens! I don't know why but I have this yearning to have hens quietly milling around in my yard. They are easy and some breeds are really sweet and lovely. I am looking at some rare breeds. I know, I am crazy but I have chicken fever!! You'd think I have too much time on my hands!

We finally got some very much needed rain so it's damp and gloomy here but not my spirits! Mother Earth is breathing a sigh of relief right now...............

I have a rather large project here at work that I continue to work on. It's coming along well.

Saturday while riding in the woods a Pileated Woodpecker flew out in front of us. Since there are no leaves on the trees yet I was able to watch him glide from tree to tree before settling on one in particular. These birds are big, about 18" high and they are beautifully marked black, white and red. As I was getting leave the spot we,(me and Pea), were standing, my eyes were drawn up and I caught the glimpse of the female sitting in her hole, peeking out!! She was no doubt sitting on eggs!! I was so excited. These birds were endangered not too long ago due to habitat loss and thier cousin, the Ivory Billed Woodpecker is not extinct. Just had to share.

• deemarie5500
    17 years ago

Raeanne, I'll bet I know which bookstore you will be in...is it where we met?

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

BJ, my sister, Happy Birthday! I am glad that I checked or I would have missed it. Where are you girl?? We miss you and your unique perpective alot! Check in and let us know how another year older feels!.

• lunchlady1948
    17 years ago

Raeanne, how did the speed dating go??? I find it very interesting how you can pick out a guy/gal to date in such a short time. I often wonder how I would have done at it back in my single days sounds fun to me. Did your pal meet anyone she is interested in??? My DD met her BF on Cupid.com~~so far so good:)

My priority this week will be to STOP munching so much. I am in my 7th week of WW's and have lost 11 lbs. I am so excited but lately I am snacking too much. I am going to totally focus on it and keep my food journel very close if 'bite I have to write'!!!!

• maddie_in_ky
    17 years ago

Donna and Beege!!! BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had wonderful days! Sorrry I missed them!

QOD--what I have been doing for the past week and half---SPRING CLEANING!!! Rog invited friends over for dinner this coming Saturday (4/29), and all of a sudden, I decided I would clean. And lemme tell ya--this is not for the faint of heart. I have a gorgous (completely repainted)soft coral bathroom with all new border, new border in the bedroom, painted everything that won't move, and I've spent the past 2 days scrubbing carpets. I've gotten new bookcases, and have thrown out/given to Goodwill tons o' stuff, and I am still going strong! I scrubbed down the kitchen on my hands and knees, took everything outta the fridge, cleaned it until it shines, and then redecorated the balcony. We got a new 8 x 10 wool Oriental rug (old, at an auction), and a steamer trunk for the living room, throwing out the coffee table and end tabke. Just one thing after another, and I still have until Sat to try and finish this project. The end is in sight, but it seems like every idea cause me to think of 2 more! LOL!!!

I'm going to bed--I've been cleaning carpets since 11 this moring, and it's now after 10--

Hugs,

Maddie

So, that's where I've been. I'm so far behind on the threads--

• jprakia
    17 years ago

7 mins is kinda long, I only need 30 seconds to tell who I want to date ;)

I just wanted to pop in and wish BJ and Donna a happy B-day!

QOD: Ive been playing phone tag with HR over the new job, so if they dont call me back by thursday im going to head over to their office :/ other than that not much going on sad to say.

Back to work for me, take care all :)

JD

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

This was on last weeks post and didn't want anyone to miss it.

WELCOME HOME BJ - we miss you and we love you!

Posted by: wild_chicken (My Page) on Mon, Apr 24, 06 at 18:00

Hi Guys!
    Thanks for all the nice b-day wishes and personal emails.

I have had a lot going on, but also felt like I got so far behind here at the "garden" that I felt like I couldn't catch up---so I kept putting off checking in. I know Maddie and Dee Marie know how I feel about that! Sometimes time slips away so quickly and then it seems very uncomfortable to try and catch up.

I knew everyone here would say, "Just hop back in!" But even so, I wanted to read everything and know exactly what was happening. I keep thinking I'll have time to read the few months I've missed, but it'll have to wait for my yearly trip to KY. I'll print and catch up while in the airports, and getting some time in the bluegrass state. This year, I am taking my oldest DD with me, so it will be a little different!

Joanne~ I haven't rec'd the package yet, but the mail system and connections between our 2 countries is not super great yet! Anyway, I'm sure I'll get it soon.

I have had a LOT of negative change in my life in the past few months and hopefully, with the summer arriving, the light will be brighter and I will be able to understand more of why I was planted on the earth for. I've had a bout with depression and adjustment and couldn't get it very together for a while. Me? Yes. Imagine that! I was surprised myself.

It's nice to be "home" here though. Checking in and seeing that I was still welcome means more to me than any of you can ever imagine. Thanks so much for the emails and all. You are truly an amazing group of friends. Always there. Never invasive. Perpetually accepting.

All I can say is wow.

PS: Raeanne: Thanks for the link, sis, but I hadn't forgotten how to get here! But you KNEW that was the key for me. Smoochies and Huggles. And Dee Marie, you too. And Tikanas. And NHSuzanne. And everyone. You are simply the best.

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

BJ - I am elated that you are back. You have had so much going on for so long - I am sorry that it caught up with you. Please let me know if I can ever be of help. I hope that the negative energy is behind you and that you have days filled with light ahead of you.

Dee - yes, it is the same bookstore.

I just returned from the speed dating experience and we laughed all the way home. The men weren't suppose to be over 55 and there was a man that had to be in his late 70's - very arrogant to boot. I ended up hanging out in the bar of the restaurant waiting for her to finish for the last half hour (I joked that I had more action in a half an hour than she did for 2 1/2 hours LOL) Don't worry I only drank sparkling water. I had a waitress peek in on my friend to see how she was doing. There is one potential future date for my friend and I had to convince her of it. She just has to wait and see if he is interested. The best part of this was that my art teacher was there too. She didn't know my friend but struck up a conversation with her and soon realized they had me in common. They called me on my cell phone a half hour into their speed dating to let me know they were together LOL.

I'm exhausted - good-night.

• deemarie5500
    17 years ago

BJ, it's wonderful to see you back. Have fun in KY; we are here in good times and in bad times. We have all had plenty on both sides of the fence. Love ya!

Gotta go back to my meetings...........

• miscindy
    17 years ago

QOD: My top priority for this week is to finish training my students in CPR and First Aid so I can get all of that stuff out of my classroom! Also to get the students' huge projects corrected by Friday. (I am a high school teacher.)

I'll think I'll begin to post my weekly updates as the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY.

The Good: I went for a walk with my neighbor last night for the 1st time in a long time. It was nice and I'm going to have to do it more often!

The Bad: I have not been motivated at all to watch what I eat. Actually, I do well for the first part of the day, and then blow it in the afternoon and evening. (Mostly in the afternoon though.)

The UGLY: My kids got those giant Hershey kisses (5 servings each) for Easter and I polished off almost a whole one myself this afternoon. (Fortunately my child saw it and asked to have some. I was glad to give it to him!)

The Good again: I've discovered I overeat when I am stressed!

The Bad again: Soemtimes I just don't care!!

I noticed some of you are quilters, too. I can't wait for summer vacation so I can get back to quilting. It's a great hobby and I love it. Too bad it's not a form of exercise!!!! :)

• Wild_Chicken
    17 years ago

Hi Guys!

QOD: Hmmmm. That's a good one. I'll choose getting the required reading done for my classes.

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

Good Morning All,

BJ, please don't stay away again! I missed you and it's good to see you. I do know what you mean about time slipping away so fast that it seems uncomfortable to try to catch up! I have a dear friend that this has happened with and I feel uncomfortable to call and say hi!! I know it's silly but it feels that way just the same. Perhaps I will send her a note first.

Maddie, it's good to hear from you too! I laugh because inviting people over is usually the only way my house gets cleaned! I have spring fever and I am anxious to get winter put away! You certainly have made a project out of having company for dinner! LOL. I hope you aren't too exhausted to cook. Perhaps you could make sticky chicken! Wasn't that the subject of a very funny post? What are you making?

Raeanne, speed dating! What will they think of next? I am game for meeting you in Sturbridge sometime. It's not too far from me, probably about 2 1/2 hours or so. We could go to Stubridge Village too. I have never been I am ashamed to say that I missed the school field trips there!

I know most of you could care less but I have to share that I ordered my baby chicks yesterday and I am so excited you'd think I was hatching them myself! They won't arrive until the end of May so I will have plenty of time to get things ready for them.

It was cold here this morning in the 20's! It's not unusual but it was a surprise! The sun will warm us soon.

Work is going very well, I have a 90 day review today which I anticipate will be very positive. It's nice to be treated like a human being for a change!

• deb0615
    17 years ago

This is the day and I am not calm. I have had so much to do this is the first time I have had a chance to post. I have surgery at 1pm, will be in for 3 days. I bought a whole gallon of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and did not care if I ate the whole thing. It was not as good as I thought now I did have two bowls but that was better than the whole carton.
    Off I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!debi

• milkdud
    17 years ago

Good luck, Debi! I'll be thinking about you and wishing you all the best.

NHSuzanne, how many chicks did you order? Do you already have a place for them, or will y'all be building one? They are so sweet when they're little bitties.

It's been sooo cool here the past 2 days, down in the 50's. Beats the over 100 degree temps we had this time last week.

QOD: (late) I actually got on my recumbent exercycle and rode yesterday for the first time. Didn't know if I could actually get up and off it though, but I did fine!!! So I'll be doing that in addition to my regular exercises for my knee.

Got to head out and try to find something to wear for my sister's retirement reception. I don't know how I'll do at the mall though. :(

Take care!

• Tikanas2
    17 years ago

Hi kids!

I don't know why but I am swamped again this week! I'll have to check in later.

(((HUGS!!!))) Bj! Hiya! Wow, were you ever missed!

Deb, sending good thoughts your way. Please post as soon as you are home so that we know that you are ok!

Tikanas

Back tonight...

• Wild_Chicken
    17 years ago

Deb~ Good luck with your hospital stay. ((((Posiitve thoughts)))))

Tikanas~ I will be in CA on July 23, 24, 25--then driving to and staying in Las Vegas on July 26, 27, 28. Then back in CA on July 29. Then going to Avalon or Palm Springs July 31-August 4. Hope to see you sometime in there. I'll be in Portland May 13th---are you going to OR or coming to WA this summer? The flying lesson awaits u.

NHSuzanne~I have neglected many of my friends during this time. I have my work cut out for me in recontacting them. The first one I'm meeting with tomorrow and they're being very nice about it. Baby chicks are exciting to me...since I love baby-anything...my sister works at he post office and in the spring, they get many boxes of baby birds the Alaskan farms order. Many peeping boxes on their pick-up loading dock.

I'll be going to the gym & then reading most of the day for an Interpersonal Relations class I'm taking. This class started me on the road to depression, although I can only blame myself, but I really can't wait till it's o-v-e-r. I can't stand analyzing myself in class - very scary and depressing for me.

Enjoy the day. It's a bright thin overcast and about 60 here.

• donna_southnj
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Good luck Debi!

Suzanne, I am interested in your baby chicks - they are adorable. I think it is great you and Raeanne have met and are planning to meet again.

Raeanne - I have heard of speed dating but don't know any who actually has done it. It's an interesting way of meeting people I guess.

Tikanas - how are you????

Milkdud - how are you progressing?

BJ - Glad to see you. I can relate to you and Suzanne about how difficult it is after you have let time pass without contact. I did that with a very good friend and now feel funny calling her even though I would love to talk to her.

Sunny in South Jersey but a little chilly - it should be warmer.

Hugs to all who need them - everyone check in!

Donna

• jprakia
    17 years ago

When it comes to contacting friends you havent spoken to for a while "theres nothing to it, than to just do it!"

NHSuz - sounds like you have the makings of a petting zoo there, maybe its time for a home buisness :)

Hang in there BJ! Sometimes its very hard to evaluate yourself, afterall we are our worst critics. We often focus on the bad things and forget that they pale in comparison to all the good things we have going for us. In times like these perhaps its best to let others remind you of all the good things you have going for you. I know I dont just speak for myself when I say that there is a lot of good in you and you have touched all of our lives in such a huge positive way.

I got a really funny fortune in a cookie today which didnt make much sense util now. It stated "when you squeeze an orange, you get orange juice, because thats what is inside". Kind of a stupid fortune I thought, but it makes sense. As adults, we can try to change, but basically we are who we are and learning to live with that and love ourselves is one of lifes greatest challages. Sure we can tweak certain behaviors and continue to expand our views, but the key is to keep our lesser traits in check and expand on our strengths. I learned early on that Im a smartass and a pretty good one. I can entertain people and make them laugh, but I can also take it to far and hurt people. Im never going to stop being a smartass, but I can keep the evil remarks in check, and I try my best to do just that.

Two books I highly rec are "Learning to Love Yourself" and "The Celestine Prophesy". They both opened my eyes and helped me accept and relish who I am. They are also quick reads and I read them both in one or two sittings. They both reminded me that friends and family can come and go, but we spend our entire lives with ourselves. If we were to line up all the people in our lives who love us, the first person in line should be us.

Well thats enough up on my soap box today. I hope everyone has a great weekend and takes a moment to look in the mirror and smile back at yourself.

take care

John

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

John - I can't believe I had "The Celestine Prophecy" in my pile of books to purchase the other night and put it back. Now I have to get it.

Donna - it was very interesting. They have tables for two set up around the room, the women sit at the tables and the men go around to them. They talked for approx 7 minutes - my friend told one guy to move on before his time - he was very arrogant and rude to her. Everyone else was very pleasant - but she said there were no sparks. She made a lot of new girlfriends instead LOL.

Debi - I feel so bad that I didn't get on here at time to wish you well. I will send some good vibes your way.

milkdud -how did you do with your shopping at the mall?

BJ - you have a full summer of traveling ahead of you already. When does that dreaded class end? I agree with John, you have had a positive impact on all of us.

I gotta run and go lawnmower shopping - sounds like fun NOT.

• deemarie5500
    17 years ago

Been in training meetings non-stop for 3 1/2 days and it is finally over.

Last night we took all our UK colleagues on the NY Spirit cruise down the Hudson for dinner and dancing. The night was magic...spectacular views of the NYC skyline and our beautiful, beautiful Statue of Liberty. I was 'encouraged' up to the stage to do my very best Diana Ross complete with costume. There are pictures, I hear....I might also add that I had a vodka gimlet or two. Can we say disco? got home after midnight, had a walk around the lake at 6:15am and was back at this office at 7:45am.

I'm exhausted, but no rest for the weary. Got a cocktail party this evening for American Cancer Society volunteers, and I may just fall off my feet!

John, you almost made me cry like silly Paula Abdoul! I am going to get those books. Most people who have tried to help me say that I am my own worst enemy. My counselor once stated that if anyone else treated me the way I treat myself, there would be grounds for a restraining order! Amusing, but sad too. Don't know how to change, but maybe I was meant to read your comments today.

Gotta run!
    Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[BIG SQUEEEZY HUGS TO ALL OF YOU]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    DeeMarie

• Tikanas2
    17 years ago

Hi all!

It does NOT pay to stay away for even a few days!

Zig, how did the yearly physical go? I hate those things!

Joanne, Hugs to you and your Mom. I hope that were able to get your golfing in.

NH Suzanne, I wish I were there to help you with the coop! bBby chix are adorable. They are the only "peeps" i really like! :)

Maddie, That was SOME Spring cleaning! I hired my son to do mine and am very happy not having to do it myself this year.

Miscindy, did you finish up with CPR? I own a small CPR instruction company and high schoolers are my least favorite group to teach. Mostly I certify/ recertify MDs, Nurses, Emts Nurses Aides and Md office staff. I love it.

Donna, you are always so considerate of others... I wanna know more about YOU... : )

John, some real words of wisdom there.Just in time too. What do you hear about the job? I hope that it's good news.

DeeMarie, I'd like to SEE those photos.Lol! I hereby designate you as our official Spring Party Animal !! I'll bet you are looking forward to the weekend for recovery!

Bj, We definitely must have a meet-up when you are down here this Summer! I am planning a September trip to Washington. I'll hold you to that flying lesson!

Raeanne, How is the kayaking? I am back at paddlenet. every day trying to win a rig of my own Lol! Speed dating does NOT sound like my cup of tea. (I'd love to be a fly on THAT wall, however.) In fact, ANY dating sounds scary to me. I wonder if I'll ever be ready???

Busy week (again) DD's dear friend, 23 yr old Army sargeant, was killed in Iraq last weekend and it has put a paul on the week. My heart goes out to this mom who lost her only child...

I have sat thru meetings, seen too many patients to count. I've taught more classes than usual as my employee is out on leave to help her sick mom. I am up to my eyeballs in paperwork.

We are gearing up for the LAST set of homeschool final exams! Hurrah! I am ecstatic to be completing this, one of the biggest goals I ever set for our family!
    DS and I worked on his Chevy a bit and should have it running by next weekend. Can't believe I've done that either! Anyone need spark plugs changed or points gapped?? Ha Ha!

The Cooking Forum is having a South American Virtual Dinner this weekend (check it out...) and I am having a gang of people over to participate in that. My menu is still not set in stone. Thank goodness the house is clean!

The knee seems to be doing a bit better. Not sure when the next prolotherapy is, maybe next Friday. I had a set back and had to stop the walking for a week I'm hoping to start again on Monday. Swelling and pain are down, range of motion is up! Life is good!

(((Hugs)))

Tikanas

• zig123
    17 years ago

Morning everyone!
    Only have a minute but wanted to pop in and wish everyone a happy TGIF!
    Back Later,
    zig

• deemarie5500
    17 years ago

TGIF, indeed! Go out there and party!

• Wild_Chicken
    17 years ago

John~ Thanks, bro'. You always pop in to save my day. "Learning to Love Yourself" --who authored it? I found many versions on amazon.com. I am buying "The Celestine Prophecy"! I need SOMETHING!

Raeanne~ Thanks for your thoughts. The dreaded class ends in June. Isn't it funny that something like this could take the hefty wind right out of my sails? I am questioning everything and everybody these days. The class covers interpersonal communication but there is so much negativity, "presenting" and lying involved in it that I procrastinate about reading any of the assignments! Soon it will end.

Herre's a not-so-funny speed dating note: While my ex husband was married to his 2nd wife, he went to speed dating with a friend. He met a girl and ended up having an affair with "Speed Dater Girl" and now he's married to the speedy mistress, who is Wife #3. So, make sure if you speed date, you get an upstanding, TRUTHFUL guy and not someone's slimy ex! (ooooops! did I just call my ex slimy---such POOR interpersonal skills I have! TSK! TSK!)

Tikanas~ Rock on!

TGIF, fur shure, mon, have a grehhht day-ah. (Say that with a Carribean accent, please.) It's very sunny here.

• donna_southnj
    Original Author
    17 years ago

TGIF!!

I will check in in tomorrow!

Donna

• marci_pa
    17 years ago

I had a great ending to a stressful week. We had a magic show at school today and it was great. The kids really enjoyed it and about 12 of them got to go on stage and be "stars" for the day. We had all the kids come at once, so I got the afternoon off! TGIF fer sure! I went shopping for something to wear for graduation. Not sure I like what I got, but maybe it has more to do with the fact that I tried on the skirt with black knees highs. LOL I need to see if I can pull the outfit together at home before I decide if I want to keep it.

debi - I hope everything went well for you! Post as soon as you can so we can stop worrying.

Tikanas - You are right. If you miss more than a few days, it is impossible to catch up and address everyone. Sometimes, that keeps me from posting, cause I don't want to leave anyone out.

Speed dating! Hmmm.........kinda glad I don't have to deal with that. I am terrible at on the spot witty conversations. I always think of something witty I could have said the next day! LOL

BJ - I think every one of us has gone through some periods where we have self doubts and bouts of depression. I know I have. A few weeks ago, my DS called and said that since DD wasn't graduating in May, he wasn't sure when he was coming home. Maybe not until Sept. I got off the phone and cried! He's been gone for over a year and it just seemed to hit me that he won't be back! I am slowing coming back to acceptance, but I was in a bad way for a few weeks. But I have to say that more than once, when I have been in a jam, I have said "What would BJ say or do?"

Besh - Did you say that you had read Jodi Picoult's new book? I have it on the top of my TBR pile. I have officially filled up my new bookcase, so now I had better read one of my books before I buy a new one! LOL But I can't seem to stay out of the halfprice book store. It calls to me when I drive past. I only have 19 days of school left! This year has flown by!

I was keeping track of my food intake on fitday.com and was on track until yesterday. I couldn't get enough to eat for some reason. Then we went out to dinner tonight and I over ate again. Guess I will try to get back on track tomorrow. I would kill for some chocolate right now though!

John - Wise and wonderful as usual! My DS has a wonderful wicked sense of humor too. I think he is learning that he has to keep it in check now that he is out in the "real" world. But it is one of the things that I love most about him.

miscindy - I love to quilt. I won a Viking sewing machine a few years back but was disappointed to learn it was the most basic of their machines. So I saved some $s and traded up for the quilter's machine and I love it. I have a Christmas quilt that only needs the borders sewn on and it will be ready to quilt. I sewed it all by hand and I want to finish it by hand, so I refuse to use my machine for that. Finishing it is high on my list of things to accomplish this summer.

Milkdud - You seem to be on the mend. As Martha would say, "That's a good thing." Hope your trip to the mall was successful.

DeeMarie - Have you come up for air yet? LOL You are one busy gal. 3 days of meetings? Not sure I could do that. But then most people say they couldn't spend 10 minutes let alone 2 1/2 hours in my preschool class with 24 kids, so I guess I am where I should be! LOL

Raeanne - A riding lawn mower could be fun!! I would be h*ll on wheels on one!

Patti - Where are you? Come visit please!

Donna - I hope your friend is feeling better. Don't you love 4 day weekends?

Joanne - Hugs to you. Did you fit in those golf games?

Jen - Is Erica almost done with preschool? I can't believe it is almost May.

Maddie - Have a great weekend in your "new" digs! LOL Hope the dinner goes smoothly and no one chokes on those staples! LOL

NHSuzanne - You are our own Dr. Doolittle. We get to hold baby chicks and baby ducks at the farm we go to every spring. In fact, we are going there next Thursday with our 3-year olds. I always look forward to that field trip and hope every year that there are also kittens and bunnies to hold.

zig - I went shoe shopping today but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I need dressy brown sandals that I won't break a leg trying to walk in. I am not sure who some of these shoes are designed for, but I guess I will have to keep looking.

Has anyone heard from Magic Kitty lately? I know she was moving and I was wondering how she was doing.

Hi to anyone that I missed. I tried, honestly, to include everyone.

Have a great weekend,

Marci

• deb0615
    17 years ago

WOW I really came out of this great, not AT ALL LIKE THE LAST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up from anesthesia and was absolutely fine, pain was managable and a better than I thought it would be. Walking was was easier than with all the scar tissue. Th doc said it had grown under the kneecap, around the knee cap comlpetely and had invaded the quads. I have only taken 3 pain pills since I came home yesterday,yep I had surgery Wed. and came home Fri., he wanted me to stay til Mon. but I was doing so well. Thank you all for the good thoughts I think this time is gonna be it. For us who know I am completely extended and at 100 degrees flexed one day after surgery.
    I know all the positive thinking from you ALL helped my sincere heart fetl thanks to you all
    debi

• Tikanas2
    17 years ago

WAY TO GO DEBI!!! I am so happy that you are doing so well!

I am hustling to get this Virtual Dinner together, guests arrive at 7:00 ish, so back tomorrow.

Tikanas

• marci_pa
    17 years ago

Good news debi! You must be relieved.

I got up this morning and headed out the door before I could talk myself out of walking. Did 2 1/2 miles and plan on doing the same tomorrow. I need to get back in the groove.

Anyone else here a Netflix customer? I joined the first of the year and I love it. I have averaged two movies a week and still have 61 movies in my queue. I am going to upgrade to two movies at a time this summer. Capote and Mrs. Hendersen Presents were two of my favorites that I saw latley.

Tikanas - Hope your dinner was a success. I will have to check out the menus at the Cooking Forum.

Good night,
    Marci

• donna_southnj
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Debi - great news - I am glad for you that it's over.

Tikanas - that virtual dinner sounds cool - how did it go?

Marci - glad to see you.

My friend has really been through it but he came home on Thursday. Now it's the long slow road to recovery but he will do it.Thank you all for thinking of him.

I will check in later today - it's a beautiful Sunday morning even if it's on the cool side.

Enjoy the day!

Donna

• deemarie5500
    17 years ago

Debi!! So happy that your recovery is a gentle one. Way to go for you! :-)

Marci, so good to see you post again. Thought of you yesterday while watching the NFL draft.

Donna, you friend is still in my thoughts.

Tikanas, I think we first met with I joined in on a virtual meal over at the Cooking Forum. My friends are still asking when I'm doing another one. They loved it! I must go and see what everyone had to say.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.

I'm trying to pack for our Bermuda trip this Saturday, but life is getting in the way.

Invited my 2 stepdaughters to dinner, so I need to go prepare a few things.

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• milkdud
    17 years ago

A quick good evening to everyone! I have a 1-month sub teaching job which starts tomorrow, so I'm heading to bed early since 6 o'clock will come as quite a shock to my body tomorrow!

Debi, I'm soooo happy that your surgery was successful. Aren't you relieved?

Tikanas, sorry to hear that your last procedure was uncomfortable. Maybe the next one will be easy for you.

My knee is still very tender, and I tire easily when I get out and about. I have yet to make it to the mall, but today I hit a lot of little stores at strip malls and found almost everything on my list. Tuesday will be a shorter work day, so I'll try the mall, Dillard's to be specific, and see if I can find something wonderful to wear to 2 big events coming up.

Hugs and best wishes to everyone, and I'm out of here to get some zzzz's now.

Take care!

Sponsored