Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the fast diet

Posted by mmajicmann (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 7:35

i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense to me...find the pbs documentary and watch the one hour documentary if youre serious about getting healthier people...this is gonna be big :)

Here is a link that might be useful: abc news

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the fast diet

How does this train you to better eating habits? It doesn't.

o

My doc told me the only "fad" diet or diet book he recommends is "The Dash Diet". It's basically a diet for those with high blood pressure. It's low salt, you eat all the fruits and vegetables you want, limited dairy and meat.

o

Is anyone still doing this diet. I've tried it for a week. It's going pretty well. I've lost a couple pounds and it seems easy enough. Anybody else?

o

Okay, its been a while so I'm not sur if you'll even see this - I am on the Fast Diet or the 5:2 diet and LOVE it! It may be because men get to fast with 600 calories whereas women only get 500, I don't know. The fasting days are difficult but not impossible, you still get to eat, just tiny bits. And you can keep telling yourself that you can eat anything you want the next day which gets me through it. I have lost a pound or more a week on this and have been on it for a month. Before this diet I'm pretty sure I ate more than 2000 calories per day but most of it was not junk - just lots of fruit and nuts. I have a sit down, computer job so for most of the day I do not get any exercise. So at first the 2000 calorie limit on the non-fasting days was a bigger problem than the 600 calorie fasting days. But in about a week everything changed and didn't crave snacks as much. The biggest plus to me compared to all other diets is that I saw pounds falling away from the first day. That reward alone makes this diet (actually a life style) very easy to stick to.

o

I don't really need to lose any weight but I find I don't like conventional eating patterns. They don't feel natural to me. I do intermittent fasting and love it. Heavier eating in the evening is much more suited to me. I do a fasted workout later in the day and eat within a six hour window. I am pretty strict with what I eat as I think what you put in your body is of the utmost importance but it's far from low cal and low fat. There are a ton of videos on fasting on youtube.

o

Last October I weighed 246 and went on a normal diet and increased my exercise routine and lost 9 pounds by December. On January first I went on the Fast Diet and started losing weight right away. Its now half way through March and I'm down to 218. There are some big surprises along the way on this diet. You get used to it in a few weeks, you notice the hunger but it doesn't bother you as much. The more you want to lose the stricter you need to be about counting calories. I am not so good about that part and I still lose weight.

I will add that it is hard to pay attention and be focused while fasting. I work from home but someone in a busy office may have a problem on low calorie days. It is also hard to keep warm, so folks that work outside during cold weather will notice it.

o

Mid April and I'm now at 213. I haven't weighed this much since college in the late 70's.

o

Early May and I am at 211. I seem to be losing a half a pound each week. I am still happy with this diet. I think I can stay on this forever.

o

Mid June and I've hit 209.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here