Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support - Mon. 4/30 thru Sun. 5/6

Posted by marci_pa (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 07 at 6:39

Good Morning!

Lynn - I am so glad you liked everything. And my cat, KitKat, sends her best wishes to your 3 cats! LOL

I ended up catching some kind of a virus this weekend and battled a fever and nausea for two days. Didn't get much of anything done and now I have to play catch up to get ready to leave for FL. I probably won't be able to post much in the next few days, but I will be thinking about you all.

Have a great week!

Marci

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 4/30 thru Sun. 5/6

Marci - What bad timing to get sick. I am glad you are feeling better and there is no doubt in my mind you will be all caught up in no time. When do you leave for FL - you deserve this trip.

Lynn - Sounds like a great assortment of gifts you got from Marci. I didn't realize that I was so close to you - what a shame. I really wasn't too sure of where I was going, even after I got there - it is very confusing when you are traveling by water LOL. I was so amazed to have so many dolphins swim up to our boat. I have to admit that I have never been a huge fan of living in FL, but if I could live in that area - I would pack my bags today LOL.

Suzanne - We are enjoying blue skies today and I hope you are too. It was a very gray and wet weekend around here.

I went to a garden show yesterday and it has inspired me to get my hands dirty LOL.

QOD - if you garden are you doing anything new and exciting this year?

I did read the previous posts, but my mind is going in 100 different directions and I can't remember what I wanted to say to everyone.

I hope everyone is doing well.

o

[[[[[Marci]]]]]]]] hope you feel better by the time you leave. I believe it's this week? Great job on Lynn's package.

QOD: We bought a huge clay strawberry pot (almost 3 feet tall!). I'm going to grow kitchen herbs in it. Saw Bobby Flay do it on a kitchen makeover show and it looked great. Bought basil, oregano, sage, cilantro, curly parsley, flat parsley, thyme, mint (for my mojitos!), some other herbs I can't remember now. We also have 3 patio tomato plants so far. In a week or two we'll get some assorted sweet peppers, cucumbers, and other veggies.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[BJ]]]]]]]]]]]]] we miss you!

Jen, thanks for the pictures of the girls. I absolutely love the Easter dresses. Adorable!

Gotta run to a meeting.

o

Good Monday all,

Marci, I hope you feel better for your trip! It really is bad timing but you still have two days. Take it easy and have a great time.

Lynn, sounds like Marci treated you to some great things! She's so sweet.

Uh, Raeanne, tell us again why you were so confused in FL!!! LOL We had a totally unexpected and gorgeous day on Saturday and Sunday I was able to get SP out in her cart between showers. Very productive driving days for me and P.

Dee, I love the way herbs look in a strawberry pot!

A good friend that serves on the Board of the driving club with me had a bad driving accident with her new horse Saturday. It is totally amazing that she wasn't killed! She has a broken leg and is banged up pretty badly after being launched from her cart but she is okay and not in the hospital. Her horse (who is new to her) is okay too! What a near disaster.

It's goregeous here now after pouring rain this morning!

o

Happy Birthday Zig!
Just wanted you to know we are thinking about you!

o

Happy Birthday dear Zig. You may not be posting here right now but you are not forgotten! Stop in and say hello for your birthday.

Wishing you a wonderful day and a even more wonderful year full of health and happiness. We miss you here!!

Rabbit, Rabbit!!

o

Happy Birthday, Zig! We love you!

Happy Belated Birthday, Lynn. I guess that I missed it. Sorry.

Marci~I hope that I hear from you.

Raeanne~I was disappointed that I didn't hear from you but figured that you must have been really busy.

NH Suzanne~I'm so glad that you & SP got to go for a ride. I'm also glad that your friend wasn't hurt anymore than that. What a blessing that she wasn't killed as you said.

BJ~ [[[[ H U G S ]]]]

Rabbit! Rabbit!

I haven't read the back posts so I'm not caught up with the news but I do want everyone to know that I did talk with Tikanis this weekend. She is doing great. She wants everyone to know that she is thinking of you & missing you like crazy. She is still trying to figure out how to get on here. She has tried a new name so I didn't have anymore ideas for her. I've been dealing with the migraine headaches again so I've not been on the computer. Just not feeling up to it. But, I've thought of you each, every day! And, I miss not knowing how things are going with my Sisters & talking with them. :) I'm going to read & catch up so I know what went on. Love to all. Be good to yourselves b/c you deserve it. Patti :)

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 4/30 thru Sun. 5/6:

Forgot to answer the QOD: We bought plants from QVC that were guaranteed to do well here or in TX. So, we put them in pots. We bought some Hawaiian Double Pearl Tuberose plants which are supposed to be quite fragrant, a rose tree, & a yellow peony. Everything is out & growing up a storm except for the peony which I'm hoping to see some growth on anyday now.

Raeanne~Glad that you had such a good time.

BJ~Happy Belated Birthday!

Lynn~Sounds like you had a lovely birthday.

Amy~It was good to hear from you.

Dee~How are the health issues now? I hope that everything is all right.

Raeanne~Things seemed to go pretty well at the VA. The Federal adjudicator seemed to pay close attention & be interested in the case. We were told that he had to go to several more places & then back to DC. Then they would have to transcribe Dave's case & he would have to look at all of the case, which is 7 files. (He said "quite lengthy." We were told that we would not have an answer for 3-12 months. So we are playing the waiting game. I guess that is about it.

Patti :)

o

Happy Birthday Zig - hope your day is filled with all the best.

Patti - I just emailed you back. So the saga with the VA continues. At least you talked with someone that seems to care. I hope you hear in 3 months and not the 12 or more.
Thanks for the Tikanis update - she is really missed here.

Suzanne - I am thankful that your friend was spared her life - wow. Unfortunately I can't blame drinking on my confusion - I am just directionally challenged.

Make today a good one.

rabbit, rabbit

o

Happy Birthday to you..................
Happy Biiirrrrttthhhhdaay, dear (hope-you-are-reading-this) Zig-a-la..............................
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss you and your encouragement around here!

o

Dee~You are doing such a great job of singing around here. Maybe when Maddie comes back, the two of you can do us a duet.

I'm on here asking everyone for prayers & positive thoughts. We found out today that we lost 2 of our dear friends. One of them was one of my oldest & dearest friends. The other one moved here the same time that we did & we got along very well. She had the same illnesses that I have but she had more problems, I think. The first one, passed away Thursday in Dallas. The other one passed away just a few hours ago. She was driving in her car & started coughing up blood. I think that they found her car pulled over to the side of the road. I'm not quite certain. I'm quite overwhelmed. My friend in Dallas had lived with a woman for 6 years & he had been sick for the past 2 years, I think. She has taken care of him & his family has excluded her from everything other than the fact that SHE paid for the funeral & everything! I'm sorry but like I said, I'm so sick over all of this. Marci, if you get a chance, please contact me while you are in FL. I really, really want to meet up with you & would love for you to meet Dave too! You already know that he is a Sweetie!! Be good to yourselves b/c you deserve it. Patti

o

Zig,

Hope it was a wonderful day.....happy, happy birthday!!!!

We go to the doc tomorrow, will check in before the weekend.
Again, thank you for the prayers...we really appreciate them.

Donna

o

Happy Birthday to our very own.......

Magic Kitty!!

I am posting this one day early since we are leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning.

Patti - I have your number and I plan to call you.

Lynn - Have a GREAT birthday!!

Hugs to anyone who need them!

Have a great week and I'll see you next week.

Marci

o

Lynn~Have a GREAT birthday!

We found out today that my little sister is getting a divorce. I'm still asking for prayers & positive thoughts. Be good to yourselves b/c you deserve it! Patti

o

Lynn - Happy Happy Birthday. I will once again leave the singing to Dee. I am so glad that you found us and decided to join us. I would've loved to have wished you a great Birthday in person - if only I had known how close you actually were to us. Enjoy your day, do something fun and frivolous.

Donna - I am keeping you and your dad in my thoughts today. Please keep us updated.

Marci - have a great trip, I know just seeing DS will be enough. We will miss you as much as the little guy in your class.

Patti - I can't believe you have another thing to deal with - your plate is very full.

I am swamped at work, but had to wish Magic Kitty the best.

o

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. I appreciate it.

Patti - I am interested in meeting up with you if your available. I know your time here in florida is limited after your VA case is resolved. I will try and send you an e-mail from this site. ((Hugs)) to you, sorry about your sister and the loss of your friends. What a busy time for you.

Raeanne - next time you come down...we will meet for some tropical refreshments.......

Take care all!!!

Lynn

o

Happy (early) Birthday Lynn!!! I hope it's a great one. How sweet of our dear Marci to post that beautiful picture before she leaves on vacation! What a sweetheart. Hope you are doing something special!

Marci, if you are reading have a wonderful trip!!

Donna, Patti and Dave, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours! Sending positive thoughts and light your way.

Well, it's time to stand back and wait for Dee to sing happy birthday!! Maddie better watch out!!

All MIA's are ordered to check in!!!

o

ahem, ahem, ahem

Happy Biiiirrrrtttthhhhhhddayy, dear, thoughtful, we-love-that-you-found-us Lynn (aka MagicKitttttyyyyyeeeee)
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!

Hope it's a special day for you!

Marci, have lots of fun. You certainly deserve this special vacation.

[[[[[[[[[[Donna]]]]]]]]]]]] good thoughts and lots of prayers going out to you and your family.

[[[[[[[[[[[[Patti & Dave]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you do indeed have a heavy load to bear. Give each big hugs and hang in there.

Maddie, I'm missing you here. You are just giving up on this title of Most Talented Diet Club Diva. Step up and reclaim what is rightfully yours!

John, where have you been lately? Fill us in on your life.

Raeanne, we are spending this weekend in NY State near Cooperstown. It's our 7th wedding anniversary so I've told DH we can spend it at the Baseball Hall of Fame if he takes me to The Turning Stone too! LOL!! We are going with friends this Friday.

Hello to Suzanne, Jen, Besh, Zig, BJ, Amy, Joanne, Gretchen and everyone I've missed. (Was thinking about JerseyKaren yesterday as I passed the restaurant where we met so many years ago!)

Make today count!
DeeMarie

o

Happy Birthday Lynn!! My un-birthday buddy!! Hope you have (had) a perfect day!!

Thank you all so much for the positive thoughts and prayers, we still need them and cannot thank you enough.

Will check in later this week or on the weekend.

Donna

o

Lynn~I want to meet up with you too. I cannot stress how much I would like that. Was it a "purrrrrrr-fect" day? I hope so.

Thanks for all the well wishes & prayers. I talked again to Tikanis yesterday as well as IMing with Jen. Both are doing well. I think that Jen just has a pretty heavy load with the girls. I've let my little Sis know that I'm here for her & knowing that I've gone through the same thing two times before, hopefully, will help her through. I'm not saying anything ugly to her about her husband. I'm just telling her to be certain to stand up for herself & be sure to get what is rightfully hers. TX is a good state to be in for that. She said tonight that she knows that she will be better off & happier but it is really hard right now b/c she is so angry with him. I understand that anger. She does have the support of all of her family except for her oldest daughter. I know that part is killing her. She also went back to the dr. today & her neck still hasn't fused from back in early February.

After 8 years, it certainly has been a comfort to me to know that I can always come here & talk to my friends & sisters. I've told everybody what a special group that I have here. I don't tell them where I post though. LOL This is my place to be friends with each of you. My goal eventually would be to meet each one of you in person. Dave has his 30th class reunion this year & we had planned on going up the east coast but we probably won't now b/c we have planned to go to his parents 50th wedding anniversary in TX & back to TX to spend Christmas with the DSs & DGD. (DarlingGD!) LOL I wish that you had been able to see her picture. Be good to yourselves b/c you are worth it. Patti :)

o

Good Thursday everyone!

Dee, superior singing once again!!! Happy anniversary to you and hope you have a great weekend!

Donna,Patti and Dave, don't worry we will all keep our positive thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Lots of nice birthday celebrating and good wishes here this week!

This morning on my way to work I saw an Osprey! I follow a large river on my way (the Contookcook River) and he/she was right in front of me! I had to pull over to watch it take a dive into the river.....too cool. I am so lucky.

Last night was quite a show with the fox family. Momma brought all four kits out to the edge of the pasture again to nurse and while two would nurse the other two would romp around like two kittens. It's amazing to me how cat like fox really are especially when they pounce onto a mouse. The kits mimic this while playing (we think it's playing but it's learning) and it's so cute! In two weeks they have gone from little gray wolf cub looking things to baby faced red fox! I really am lucky to have such gifts. I wish I could share it all with you somehow but I don't have a camera that would take good pictures from that far.

Check in all you MIA's..............you know who you are!

o

Speaking of FOX family....did anyone see American Idol? John Bon Jovi (my distant cousin) was really good. While I was kinda sad to see Phil leave, I knew it had to be.

o

Oh DeeMarie!! I thought for an instant that I was winning you over to the wildlife side of things!!! LOL

o

Thank you again all for the b-day wishes. I am glad I came upon this site and am able to chat and talk to everyone!!!! Special people YOU ARE!!!!!

DEE - Thanks for the song!!!! I am sad about Phil too. I was not ready yet for him to go. I had no problem with Chris leaving. Next week will be interesting to see who is cut. By the way - how are you realted to Jon Bon Jovi? How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!

NHsuzanne - I wish you could take pics and post them. I would love to see them. DH and I saw a fox hunting in a field in Cades Cove, TN when we got married 12 years ago. I took a pic, but you cannot see the red fox. But we just stayed for a long time watching it. Both of us have not forgotten it.

Take Care - Lynn

o

Dee - have fun in Cooperstown, looks like the weather is going to cooperate for you. Good luck at Turning Stone too LOL.

I'm glad I'm not related to Jon Bon Jovi, because he is the only guy I would leave my husband for LOL.

Suzanne - What wonderful gifts you have received. I am hoping my gray fox return this summer - at the end of the summer I was gifted with seeing the 2 babies frolic in my yard - they are so playful. We had one lonely Tom turky visit us for a few days and the last few days there have been 2 young deer - probably a year old.

I was also a Phil fan - I knew he had it in him - he just took too long to show what he had. I also believe that the next elimination is going to be a very hard one, but my feeling is it will probably be Lakisha.

In Bon Jovi fashion "Have a Nice Day"...

o

Good Friday all!

I am so happy it's Friday.

Lynn, I am glad you had a good birtday! I wish I could get some good shots of this fox family too. They are a good 600' or more from my house and I watch them through my binoculars. I thought about trying to get a shot from horseback when I come back from riding because the vixen is usally gone hunting and the kits are at the den playing. They are getting braver and staying on top of the den rather than retreating down below. If I don't do it soon though the leaves will be on the trees soon. I will try and if successful will certainly share. I could write alot about foxes - they are such intriguing and clever animals.

QOD: Weekend plans?

o

Happy Saturday!!

I cannot believe April is over - it zoomed by. Again, thank you for the good thoughts and prayers for my dad. He finished up his radiation therapy this past week. The staff at the hospital (where I work) is terrific and he bought the nurses a big box of chocolates and a card - he's such a nice guy. We go to the oncologist Monday to discuss quality of life and if and when chemo begins. I took Monday off because I don't know what to expect.

A beautiful day here in South Jersey. My doggies are at the groomer getting beautified.

QOD: Today errand and tomorrow, if the weather is clear, the garage gets cleaned out, a project very long overdue.

Suzanne - how cool that must be to see the foxes. I hope you can get some pictures. How is your friend whose dad has cancer doing??

I am going to do my best to start posting regularly again. I do try and check in and keep up with what's going on with all of you. I hope Marci is enjoying Florida and Dee is enjoying her weekend away. I am keeping Patti and Dave in my prayers along with all of you.

Raeanne - I'm with you on Bon Jovi!! He's adorable.

Time for me to zip - will check in later or tomorrow.

o

NH Suzanne~We get to see Osprey around here too. I think that they are fascinating birds. The foxes sound interesting. I'm glad that your chickens are soundly kept away though.

Raeanne~I, too, am with you on Bon Jovi!

Donna~We'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Dee~I know that you will have a fun trip in Cooperstown.

Lynn~I'm glad that you came upon this site too. We don't know what we would do without you now. You are a part of our family now.

I've been battling all of my allergies to tree, weed, & grass pollens which have been high. And, to top it off, my fibromyalgia is giving me h3ll. Did anyone else watch the Kentucky Derby yesterday & look for our sister, Maddie? I kept saying, "Show the hair!" "Show the hair!" I would love to know that she & BJ were there together & enjoying mint juleps!! Well, be good to yourselves b/c you deserve it. Patti :)

o

Donna - good thoughts and prayers still coming out to you and dad. I know how much that candy meant to the nurses - that was very thoughtful of you.

Patti - I won't tell Dave about Bon Jovi LOL.

Suzanne - I think that foxes are my favorite animal to watch in the wild.

QOD - Friday we did nothing, Saturday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with our friends. We watched the Derby with margaritas and ate fajitas, today is Sunday and I am NOT doing laundry, yes you hear me. We are going to put our boat in this afternoon, but the lake is full of white caps so we probably won't go for a long cruise.

I gotta run, have some paperwork and cleaning calling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here