SS Support - Mon. 4/5 thru Wed. 4/7

Posted by Marci_PA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 04 at 5:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 4/5 thru Wed. 4/7

bada beeee
bada beeee
bada beeeeeeeeeeee........ahhhhh, that's all folks!!!

Good Monday morning from
a severely cracked egg!!
DeeMarie

o

Dee - I want some of whatever you had for breakfast this morning. You have more energy in your post than I have in my whole body this morning! LOL I had to resort to drinking caffeine to get me going today. Note the time I posted the new thread this morning. And that was after I had been up an hour. :~(

Patti - Good to hear from you. I get worried when you are absent too long.

Gotta run,
Marci

o

I'm backkkkkk.....

We got in very late Saturday night - our first plane was delayed because a "rubber strip" was hanging off the plane. Our 2nd "puddle jumper" was delayed because it was overweight (don't look at me LOL) and they had to remove some mail and cargo. Both things were not too comforting to me, especially the puddle jumper - since the pilot looked like he was 16.

We had a very nice time, the resort our timeshare is at is just breathtaking and the pools, beach, food and drinks are fantastic. We can't wait to go back. With this timeshare we can stay at 9 of their other resorts, so we may go somewhere else next time. I attempted to low fat/SS with food, but it just didn't happen. The last 2 days I ate much better and drank much less.

Yesterday we had a "Tropical Fundraiser" to go to, you had to wear beach clothes - I was glad to have my tan with me.

I quickly scanned the posts and will read them better later.

DeeMarie - I didn't realize that Rachael Ray episode would be on, I will have to catch the rerun. The Algonquin - (Fish Point Sandwich) - is one of most favorite places up here - we are good friends with the owner. When you come to visit we will go there (hehehe).

I am going to see Rachael this Wednesday.

BJ - it appears you are still among the missing. I hope you are okay and not in a funk or anything. Let us know.

I caught a cold in Cancun - I believe from the plane ride - as there was a lot of coughing going on. I don't think I have had a cold for at least 8 years, so this feels very strange to me.

I better get to this pile of work in front of me. My boss decided last week would be a good time to clean off her desk - now you know who's desk it is on.

o

Hi guys!

Finally got my computer back in shape, but still having some problems installing software on XP.

I have been very busy. Landscaping started last Wednesday and the deck company will demolish and begin building a new deck today. My yard is bulldozed, front and back and all my garden decorations are surrounding my porch. I have to go and clear off my deck so they deck people can start, so I won't stay long here.

I have my plane tix to KY for the Derby weekend, Maddie, so now, I'll order my BBQ tix today. Hope to see you when I'm there! I get in on Fri-pm and leave at o'dark thirty on the following Mon.

I need to catch up and read the past threads, so I'll so that and be better informed tomorrow!

Glad everyone is so chipper today! And Raeanne, welcome back!

I have been staying on track foodwise and also biking and throwing in a little weight lifting. I donated my scale and so I don't know where I am at---I was sick of being a a scale slave. I am now just getting weighed at WW every other week.

All for now!

o

I am here....

Just a quick note...I am going to Oprah tomorrow...The Donald will be there. My boss went to the Oprah website and submitted a question to ask Donald and the show called her a few hours later and asked her to come to the show! So off we go! I will let you know more tomorrow.

The sale of the business is in a holding pattern since we are waiting for information from my boss's accountant. It seems a challenge right now since it is the middle of tax time.

Welcome back BJ and Raeanne...NH Suzanne how was the clinic and DeeMarie...you are FABulous with your weight loss...Maddie you are awesome too with yours...I am so impressed.

Gretchen

o

Hi Everyone,

I'm here. Sorry to be away for so long, things have just been very crazy. Everyone in my house has been sick, including me. Terrible head colds, sinus infections, stomach bugs, you name it we have had it! I think that we are all on the mend, but slowly.

My brother has started the stem cell replacement process. It is a slow process and will take about a month to complete and then another 3 weeks in the hospital to recoup. He will slowly recover over the next year. It is just so hard for me to imagine what he has to endure over the next 2 months. Fortunately we are a very close family and he has great friends so there is a lot of support for him. Please say your prayers for Pete. He is the nicest, kindest, most generous guy you would ever want to meet. Thanks.

I know I have missed alot with everyone. I have not really kept up with my reading, so I hope things are going ok for you all. ((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))

My eating is going pretty good. I am doing WW and am down 10#. I bought the WW food calculator on ebay and I swear that is what is keeping me on tract. It just makes things so easy.

I will try to check in more often. Have a great week if I don't.

Love, Besh

o

Quick hello & good morning,

Gretchen - I will try to catch Oprah today. That is so cool that you get to go. The Donald is not my favorite person, he is so full of himself. But you gotta give the guy credit for his successess. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Besh - I will keep Pete in my prayers. Congrats on the 10 lbs!! We have all branched out from SS and searched for what works for us. Keep up the good work.

Gotta run,
Marci

o

((((((((((((BESH & PETE))))))))))))) My heartfelt prayers that all goes well for him and that you and yours celebrate a blessed Easter. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm almost afraid to say out loud that this WW program is easy, but I believe it is...even when you go beyond the points, you've got that safety net of "flex" to catch you. Continued success!

BJ, great to see you post. Hope you will be back into the swing of things soon. I'll just bet you've got a week filled with baskets, egg-dying, hunts, parties, and who-knows-what-else planned. Let us in on your ideas for the week!!

Marci, I hope it's a calmer week for you. WTG on that exercise; you are much more committed than I. Unfortunately, when things get really hectic at this office, I sometimes blow off running down to the fitness center. I need to get over that and really concentrate on finding time for "me".

Please hold some special thoughts for my friend Marilynn, who lost her mom to Alzheimers' Sunday night. It was a long, long, terrible illnes that she and her twin sister did their best to help their mom through. Everyone knows that death is the result, but it still hurts.

Gretchen, thanks for checking in. Hope you life gets a bit less hectic also. Hang in there; I know this is gonna work out in your favor! :-)

OK, I'm off to work on yet another presentation and trying to think of ways to make it entertaining for US and UK folks alike. Very dry stuff, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna be able to capture their attention for 1 hour....it's due 27-April, but I need to work on it now. Looking for inspiration other than hand shadow puppets for the screen! Haaaaaaaaa!!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

I checked out Oprah's schedule and the show with The Donald will be aired on Thursday. I can't wait to hear from Gretchen about it.

After reading Donald's first book, I liked him. Aside from being a very shrewd businessman, he seems to be an excellent father. He has lived a pretty straight life too - with no drinking, smoking or drugs. His main vice seems to be women LOL.

Besh - ((((((HUGS))))), I will keep Pete in my thoughts and prayers, as well as you and your family. Thanks for letting us know.

BJ - you have once again exhausted me, just from reading your post. I am glad you let us know you were okay - just overworked LOL.

DeeMarie - you are doing a great job with your woe - I am inspired.

I have a long list of things to work on today, so I will be out and about.

o

BTW, this time next year lots of us will be packing for French Lick!!!! Ohhhh la la !!!!!!!!!

o

Good morning all!

Besh---lots of pr@yers and good thoughts being sent to Pete! ((((hugs!!!))))

Amy--Heather is so pretty! I am a devout cat lover, and I just would love to give her a hug and a tickle! :):)

Dee--you're right! 1 year, ladies! French Lick will *never* be the same!! LOL!

Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my job situation, and once I can get my thoughts together and make them coherent, I'll post what I think, and get your all's opinions.

Gotta go--hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Hello everyone,

Besh, ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you an dear brother. What hospital is he working with? Boston has so many fine places I am sure he's in good hands. Don't let yourself get run down. BTW, I am going to be in Topsfield on the 24th for the Essex County Trail Riders tack sale. You should take a break and run up to say hello! Conrats on your WW loss!

Gretchen, how exciting going to Ophrah. I assume the Donald is a reference to Trump? Maybe he can get some hairstyling tips while there! My driving clinic went really well. I learned quite a bit in my hour and Jeff Morse is a wonderful teacher. He has a half sibling to Sweet Pea, (same Sire), and is familiar with the line. He liked her very much and she was so good. She wants to do the right thing and is a quick learner. The most important thing I learned was that it's up to me to communicate effectively what I want her to do......now I have to learn how to do it. I am already signed up for his next clinic and I am going to try to attend as many this year as I can. There is so much to learn about driving. So different from riding with fewer aids.

Raeanne, WELCOME HOME, we missed you. Glad you had a great time. Back to reality stinks though, doesen't it? Will you be posting more photos?

BJ, good to finally hear from you. Don't stay away so long next time!

Dee, thoughts and prayers to your friend.

I have lost 2.5 lbs plus 4.5" since starting Curves 5 weeks ago! I am really watching what I eat and it's starting to pay off. I am just cutting calories and not doing just protiens and fats. I just haven't gotten anywhere with SB, SS or anyother low carb and I have lost with cutting calories in the past. I guess we all have a goal to look our best for each other at FRENCH LICK NEXT YEAR. WHA HOOOOOOO

o

Great work on eating and exercise,ladies!

OK, so now we need to work on a Calendar when we are all together in French Lick....."The SS Dollies"! John can be our promoter. We can sell the calendar over the 'net, and give the proceeds to a charity. It has to be a charity that is not in desparate need of funding, in case we don't sell quite so many!!!!!

(can you tell that I'm just not into this "work" thing today? LOL)

o

I am SO not into working today either! I took a mental health day yesterday and STILL don't want to be here. It' so hard to get geared up for another issue......sigh.

o

I am in reverse mode today too! I wanna go back to CANCUN.... It is cold here and I have to do housework and cook and boooooohooooooohoooooo - I know I shouldn't be complaining and I certainly don't expect any sympathy LOL.

I haven't even unpacked from the trip yet. I feel like I'm on drugs and walking around in a fog.

I am making soup for my dear friend that has a bad cold - I think she caught it from me. I would really like to catch a little nap before DH comes home.

DeeMarie - I can lend you some on my Cancun photos for your presentation. AND I will be Ms. February and wear a heavy coat for the calendar LOL.

NH Suzanne - I have recently read an article on doing Reiki on horses - I want to look into that more. I may offer it to our furry critters that the Wildlife Rehabbers are nursing back to health. It seems like you and SP already communicate very well. I will have to find a good photo for Marci to post.

Maddie - You know that we will support you in whatever you want to do.

o

Another one that just doesn't want to be here today (at work, that is!) I just got back from lunch, and it's a perfect spring day here, and someone was cutting grass, and it smelled sooooo good! I've got spring fever so bad! :)

I wouldn't mind being in Cancun, either! :):)

o

I'll be the January snow bunny for the calendar. Raeanne, I'm making you the July "tankini" girl!! LOL

o

Well, I've called the February "Groundhog Day" shot. I'll be peeping my head out like a little prairie dog---

o

Marci~Thanks for missing me. It means a lot.

Raeanne~I'm so glad that you had such a good time while you were gone.

NH Suzanne~It sounds like the training was bunches of fun.

BJ~Glad that you were able to post.

Gretchen~I watch Oprah on certain days & wouldn't have watched on Thursday but will now just to see if we can see you.

Besh~You & your brother, Pete, are in our prayers.

I've found every last pound that all of you have lost. I'm kind of in a quandry. I have to eat whatever Dave fixes. So, he's gaining as well. I've never been this heavy & hope that getting to the pool will help since I've been so lethargic & haven't moved around much. Love to all~Patti :)

o

Since January and February are gone I will take March. I can still wrap up this old body in warm clothes!!

o

I'll take October and wear a Halloween costume!!!! And I don't mean a French maid costume either. I was thinking along the lines of a middle aged school marm! LOL

Raeanne - Thanks for the heads up about Thursday's Oprah. I didn't realize it wasn't shown live. I will definitely watch on Thursday. We should have told Gretchen to wear a flower in her hair or something! LOL

Gretchen - Tell us what question your boss wanted to ask or some other identifying factor so we can look for you. Sometimes they scan the audience so fast, it is hard to pick out people.

Patti - Even if I don't say it, I miss you when you don't post. Give chef Dave a hug for me.

NHSuzanne - Great report from Curves! Was that your first weigh-in? How did your body fat improve? That is the number that I was happiest with. I went from a poor reading to a good reading and now I am shooting for an exellent reading!

BJ - I am like you. I hate scales. I know that sometimes the scale helped shock me into eating better, but for the most part it had the ability to send me into a mental tailspin if I didn't like the numbers I saw. I hid the scale in the fall and now I try to judge my progress by the way my clothes fit. I did have to weigh in when I started Curves and of course the nurses always make you weigh in at the doctor's.

Speaking of doctors, mine called yesterday and said my thyroid levels were thru the roof. I have to cut my dosage of synthroid for a month and get my blood retested. I didn't feel that I was hyper, but I am now wondering if that is one of the reasons that I can't sleep. (I can cat nap, but I can't sleep at night when it counts.)

I am heading to my Stitch 'N B*tch tonight, but I will be stuffing postcards into flyers instead of sewing. At least if my hands are busy, I should be able to control my mindless munching. I told myself I will either eat the appetizers OR the dessert but not both. I haven't been eating past 7/pm and last time I went to sewing I overate and my stomach let me know it wasn't pleased.

One more day and two parties to go. All the kids were here today and that hasn't happened in a long time. We didn't get to practice our program as much as I would have liked because of all the absences, but I was proud of the kids. They did a great job today.

Hello to anyone I missed. I'd figure out who I missed but I have to get ready to leave.

Later,
Marci

o

Hi Everyone!!

Ok..so here is my day at Harpo Studios. We left my office at 5:30 and we waiting in line by 6:00 AM! We were #12-15 in line. From there, they take your coat and do a through security scan. They look through your purses and take all cell phones, paper, cameras etc. Then we trekked upstairs to wait for our numbers to be called. They have an Oprah clothing available for purchase...I didn't buy anything. Once our numbers were called, we were taken into the studio and we could pick where we wanted to sit. ALL the front rows are reserved for friends and family of all the employees. We asked the best place to sit and this woman who worked there told us THE spot. NOW just so you all can know me when you see me...here is what I was wearing: red shirt with a white shirt underneath. My hair might look lighter than some of the pictures you have seen...I have been messing with it and it got a bit light ..LOLOL We are sitting RIGHT WHERE OPRAH WALKS IN...we will be on the right side about half way up. My boss is wearing a coral shirt and she has dark hair and glasses. I am sitting one chair in from the railing next to a woman in a green shirt. I have no idea if I am even on there...Oprah looks great in person..she is smaller than you think. I figure this will be a good way for me to take a good look at myself and get my act in gear for a diet. You all seem to be having great sucess with WW.

The show was about the Apprentice...let me know if you watch that show and I will fill you in on the people who were there from the show.

I will tell you this...I did not find Oprah to be very friendly...she never talked to us at all. I was under the impression that she was much more friendly to the audience. We did receive Donald Trump"s new book "How to get Rich" and it was autographed by him. You know how other shows they show everyone getting the book under their chair...well this is how we were told we were getting the book.." Oprah: Oh yeah...you all are getting Donald's new book when you leave the building" Nice...

Ok..I am off to bed seeing as how I was up getting pretty by 4:30 this morning!

Gretchen

o

Hey there Gretchen, sounds like fun! I always tell DH that people on TV are much smaller than they appear. Can you just imagine how tiny those actresses are in person?!!! I watch the Apprentice. In fact, I met Heidi's father at a wake last night (he's a dentist). Heidi is from the town DH and I live in, and apparently she has been getting mucho offers since being "fired" by The Donald. I won't get a chance to watch tomorrow because of a work committment :0(

Oh....gotta run to a meeting....laters

o

I watch The Apprentice too. I was rooting for Troy, but he got "fired" last week. This week, Omarosa is baaaaaaaaaaaack. This should be interesting. The Donald was on SNL this week. I only caught the opening, but it was pretty funny.

Did you guys hear a big sigh this morning? That was me, getting out of bed. I didn't get home until midnight last night and 5:30/am came awful early today. And I caved in and ate snacks and desserts last night, although I only ate a few of the snacks. But the hostess had gone to so much trouble and we had a small group last night, I just felt like I "had" to eat something. Oh well, today is another day to try and pass up all the Easter candy at school. I gave up snacks at school for Lent, so I told myself that the candy is part of the snack and that helped me yesterday.
I received two really cute ceramic candy dishes (filled with candy) yesterday, so I put them out for the family. The trouble is, my family can nibble on them, whereas I gorge. So I am trying to "just say no". Wish me luck.

Gotta run,
Marci

o

HI, I am in for December. The Mrs. Claus costume will fit me perfectly!!!!

Love, Besh

o
So, you think a gallon of gas is expensive?

Compared to gasoline...

Diet Snapple - 16 oz $1.29........... $10.32 per gallon
Lipton Ice Tea - 16 oz $1.19...........$9.52 per gallon
Gatorade - 20 oz $1.59 ........ .......$10.17 per gallon
Ocean Spray -16 oz $1.25 .......... $10.00 per gallon
Brake Fluid - 12 oz $3.15 ........... $33.60 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil - 6 oz $8.35....... $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol - 4 oz $3.85 ....... $123.20 per gallon
Whiteout - 7 oz $1.39 ............... $25.42 per gallon
Scope - 1.5 oz $0.99 ...................$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...
Evian water -9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?!
$21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source.

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismal or Nyquil!!

o

OK, how happy am I? Just did my weigh-in and attended WW meeting. Another 2 1/2 pounds of ugly fat is off this body---total lost = 17 1/2 since February 4.

Office decorum prevents me from dancing, but I'm smilin' from ear to ear. YEEEEEE HAW

o

WAY TO GO DEEMARIE!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

DeeMarie - the heck with the decorum - do you dance!!! WTG girl - I'm dancing for you.

Gret - I will be looking for you on Thursday.

Marci - sounds like the girls had a lot to b*tch about last night LOL.

o

Ditto on everything that Raeanne said! LOL I couldn't have said any of it any better.

Marci~Dave says you are a Sweetie!

Patti :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here