Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie on SB diet, with question (long post)

Posted by babygirl88 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 08 at 3:40

Hi all, i've been a lurker for some time now and i have noticed how supportive you all are of each other. If one of you wouldn't mine helping me with a question i would really be thankful.
I had some blood work done and it came back that my triglycerides were over 400. My doctor was in shock because i had the same blood work done last year and everything was great. He told me to do the south beach diet and to have it rechecked in three months, he also wanted to see a big weight loss. Well i started April the second and i have not lost one pound! I don't understand if i'm doing something wrong or not. i got the book and am going by everthing it says. a typical day of food is
breakfast- 2 eggs with 1 peice of turkey bacon
lunch -ham or turkey, cheese and lettuce in a low carb warp (the warp is 6 carbs) with a salad
supper- grilled chicken and steamed veggies
snacks- sugar free jello or 8 almonds.
I just thought after two weeks i would see some difference. any advice would be very appreciated.
Thank You
Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie on SB diet, with question (long post)

I've attempted SB twice, but I never made it past the first 2 weeks (the hardest part!). I'm not well-versed in it, to say the least, but I just wanted to ask if you're drinking plenty of liquids and eating lots of veggies?

I do Weight Watchers/Core, and I'm losing slowly/but surely because I've increased my veggie, fruit, and fiber intake, plus concentrating on increasing my fluid intake.

Good luck on your WOE. That's a very high # on your triglycerides, so it's good that you're trying to lower it.

If you'd like to post with a group of really nice and supportive people, visit the SS daily support thread which is usually very near the top each day.

o

milkdud, thank you so much, the first two weeks are the hardest!! i almost gave up a hundred times, but so far still holding strong. i am drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, that's not a problem for me as it is my drink of choice.

o

I have the book but I have tried so many diets that I can't remember if I did that particular one or not. One thing that I've discovered recently is that depression can cause some of your blood levels to change radically. Since you said that it was fine last year, that is the only reason I brought it up. Also, are you on any medication that may be affecting your weight loss? I know that I was on some that made me gain no matter what WOE I chose.

Please take Milkdud up & join us on the SSing thread. We are all doing different methods of losing weight. We just try to keep each other going. Let me know how you do. I want you to be/stay healthy!

o

Hi babygirl88 - When I first did SS(SomerSizing) years ago, I did not lost weight in the beginning. I really think that your body goes through a period of adjustment and then the weight loss kicks in. We used to call it "The Melt". SS is similar to South Beach in that it does limit carbs.

My advice would be to follow the plan without straying for a few more weeks and stay off the scale. Use a favorite piece of clothing that is too tight now as an indicator and when it is starting to get loose, get on the scale. If you are not cheating and just keep eating within the SBD quidelines, you will start to lose in time. Be patient and hopefully you will experience "The Melt" before you know it. Once that happens, the weight usually comes off in slow but steady increments.

Good luck!
Marci

o

Thanks so much everyone, just thought i'd let you know that this morning i had lost 4 pounds. not much but at least it's something. thanks for the support.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here