SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingbunny

Diet Pals - 29 Mar - 5 Apr - Pull Up Yer Socks Week!

quiltingbunny
20 years ago

Okay, I'm a pullin' up my socks this week. Had my fun last week leading myself astray in the kitchen. Got a few cravings out of the way. Also gained a pound - so there ya go! I was a real devil last week but that was LAST WEEK!

Yellowhair - I am really happy for your loss this week. That's fabulous. Perks you up for Spring! Great news, thanks for sharing.

Kathy, thanks for the angel posting. Its incredible that after all these years she is still beautiful. Something I should aspire to this week - being an 'angel' (stop snickering....I can hear ya over here!) Sorry, that was DH snoring - I am up again tonight. Tell me sleep will improve once I hit menopause??? Aaaarrrrggggh.

Okay, so this weeks topic, in my corner - is pulling up my socks. That little ol' she devil is being relegated back into her cage - bad girl!

I made my homemade lentil/pea soup. Going to boil up some mixed veggies to add to it later for lunch. Re-read my first few weeks of weight watchers books and this week I am hoping to stick with it and focus on the quickstart week. It will mean dropping from 20 points a day to 16 and then next week I will target 18 points and then back up to 20 the following week....well let's just focus on this week.

My weight gained but my cravings are done. I can live with this.

Going to be very strict on myself this week, take some flavoured water into work today and rethinking things through...a few small steps...

-changing my milk from semi-skimmed to SKIMMED (save 2 points each day this way)

-drink more water

-eat more veggies (fruit no problem)

-get more protein in my day (its been lacking last month - I forget)

-get walking/moving more

So here I am, in all my humble self, taking another step and pulling up those socks this week.

143 pounds (I need to post my weight so I can see it again and again and again) from 142.

My weight loss has been a crawl but I am seeing results which makes me pretty darn happy. Found my WW meeting book from summer 2002 - I never got anywhere near my current weight so a little pat on my back for sticking with it - good or bad days. I am not sweating that my weight loss is slow, its just fine. If it plateaus - probably not enough water. My previous experience has been when I drop drinking water (not caffeine water....), my weight loss slows down.

C'mon gang - let's pull up our socks this week and stick our best foot forward. Even if you achieve a single, small goal towards healthier eating, taking better care of yourself and LOVING YOURSELF...you will be further ahead.

Let's make today count!

McPeg

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022