SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

I'm struggling with Weight Watchers

joyce_6333
15 years ago

Been lurking here for a very long time, and hope some Weight Watcher veterans can help me.

I retired last October (I'm 62 next Monday). Such a relief not to have to go to the office every day. Scheduled a physical in January, and discovered I have high blood pressure. And I mean HIGH! Dr took it 6 times, and it averaged at 210/125. Yikes. It really scared me. Of course, he immediatley put me on meds and I had an stress echocardiogram done (which turned out fine). I started going to WW with my cousin in February. I like the meetings, and the plan is easy to follow, although because I'm short and old, I don't get very many points. I bought a treadmill and have been doing a walk/run for 30 min a day, plus some mild weight training, and floor exercises. I lost 2.8 pounds the first week and since then only another 2 pounds. I'm so discouraged. Last week I only lost .2 pounds. And that was probably just a difference in clothing.

What can I do to kick in my weight loss?

By the way, my blood pressure this morning was 109/69, with a respiration rate o 43!! So that is good.

Comments (7)

Sponsored