Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Support Mon Mar. 22nd thru Sun. Mar.28th

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 22, 10 at 9:48

Good Monday all,

How was your weekend?

We had lovely weather and now it will rain. But that's okay.

Sweet Pea continues to do well. Yesterday she spent almost all day out in the pasture with her mates. It was lovely to see.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support Mon Mar. 22nd thru Sun. Mar.28th

Suzanne - that must have been a beautiful sight - SP and Co. out in the pasture. Rain here too, but I can hardly complain with the gorgeous weather we have had.

I received a suspicious looking package today from Milkdud. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Inside I found a cute birthday card, a Claddagh Friendship, Loyalty, Love charm (I love those charms and use them), a Mary Engelbriet magnetic notepad and 2 emery boards (never have enough of them). Thank you so much for being a wonderful "un"birthday buddy. You made my day!

We had a busy weekend and it really flew by - I would like a do-over. We went to a fantastic Joseph Carr wine dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.

I am painting another Adirondack chair this year and am having a hard time coming up with an idea. I am thinking of doing a more graphic style and maybe doing brightly colored sailboats. I think I was finished with my cow last year at this time.

Enjoy your day!

o

Happy Monday!

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PATTI! Hope all is well with you, and that your birthday was everything you wanted it to be! Stop by and see us more often, and give Dave a big hug.

Weekend weather was lovely, and now we are told to expect more flooding after more predicted torrential rain this afternoon into the evening. I'd like to order a well-done break with a salad on the side, please? We just opened up our local mall here about 2 days ago!

Make this week count! My scale has not moved to the left in over a week, but it did NOT move to the right either; that's a good thing!

Dee

o

Good Monday Morn!

Suzanne, now we need a picture of a recouperating Sweet Pea, please. What a relief! I am so glad that she is on the mend.

Raeanne, are you doing a painting of Adirondack chairs or painting actual chairs? I am painting actual chairs! All in bright colors for my porch and for my new patio area out back.Your un birthday gifts sound fun!

Dee, I hope you guys get some relief from all of the rain and flooding soon!

The craft boutique was a lot of fun. I introduced one jewelry making friend to another and they hit it off right away. Now they both want to teach me, which should be fun. Sunday supper at my sister's was wonderful as always.
I have a lot of paperwork to finish up this morning and 2 patient visits in the afternoon.

I am down 2 more Lbs, next check in is Easter.

Have a great day!!

Tikanis

o

Good morning from sunny and chilly (42 F.) SE Texas!

Raeanne, I'm glad you finally got your package. You are a terrific lady, and I enjoy being your friend always! As for your Adirondack chair, I love the idea of sailboats. Whatever you do, I know it will look lovely.

Saturday was a rainy, cold day. I did the patron count again (yes, it's a county government thing that determines their budget) at the library. Hardly anyone came out in the nasty weather, so it was a boring day.

Sunday, was bright and sunny, down in the low 40's and very windy. Attended Sunday school and church - sang in the choir again and loved it. Then, a farewell luncheon for one of my SS friends at our Chinese restaurant in town. Later we played canasta with our core group and a lovely new woman, ran out for Mexican food, then back for more cards and dessert. I haven't had so many good laughs in a while. Fell asleep last night with a big smile on my face!

Today is lunch with a dear friend, then a good long workout.

Suzanne, what great news about Sweet Pea! I love happy endings! (See, I'm thinking positively about SP)

Dee, does your new mall do take-out on those wishes? ;-)Stay warm and dry!

Gotta go get gorgeous for my lunch. Great day, everyone!

o

Milkdud, you will be singing the birthday tunes around here soon - giving Dee and Maddie some competition.

Dee, I hope the flooding is not as bad as everyone is thinking. I am putting out positive thoughts that it will be okay.

RE: Sweet Pea, she is doing so well but could have a set back and she will be lame for some months to come so I won't be able to ride her. Maybe drive her some in a couple of months. This episode did much damage to her feet. But I think of how far she's come instead of how far we have to go...you can see her progress at YouTube where I posted some videos. See the huge difference between Feb. 7th and last week.

Thank you all for continued positive thoughts and prayers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Pea on YouTube

o

How wonderful to see Sweet Pea. I hope everything goes really well from here on.

Well, I weighed this morning and am very pleased that I only gained back 1 pound after the amount I lost while sick. Am feeling better but not myself at all, yet. Hope it soon comes a long - not even sure for certain, what caused all this.

Wishing all of you a great week.

ivamae

o

Good morning!

Congrats, ivamae - hope you continue to feel better and are back to normal soon.

Suzanne, I really enjoyed Sweet Pea's videos. You are truly a "horse whisperer." I could not believe how Sweet Pea seemed to understand everything you said. So sweet!

Yesterday was my jury duty day. I was at the courthouse from 8:30 until almost 1 p.m., but fortunately, did not get picked. It was a multi-million dollar lawsuit, with 11 plaintiffs and tons of lawyers. The judge was without a doubt the slowest-talking man I've ever heard in my life! And being from the South, I've heard a lot - ha!

So, for today, my life is back on schedule. My husband is healing nicely from his periodontal surgery and I have nothing on my calendar the rest of the week, and it's sunshining and going to be in the 70's today. Life is good.

Hope it's a good one for you all, too.

o

Good Tuesday all,

It's pouring and flooding here but I am praying that it's not as severe as last week. Dee and Donna, I hope things are well in your neck of the woods.

Jan, whew on the jury duty! LOL on the slow talking! I wish it were sunny here but into each life a little (or a lot) of rain must fall.

Iva Mae, I knew you would not gain the whole four pounds back.

Raeanne, my friend and her group is gearing up for their chair auction too. I like sail boats but I really loved the cow you did last year. You knew I would love the cow more didn't you? Seriously, can one really have too many cow Adirondack chairs? What about chickens or dare I say, horses?

I will post more on Sweet Pea's progress and I have it. She is doing better. I am glad you see the connection between us. It is something that is required when jumping on the back of a 1,000 lb animal and/or strapping a harness and cart too. We are very close as we work together. I have that relationship with all my animals...including DH!

Enjoy that sunshine.

o

Suzanne - A horse crossed my mind for the chair - I will draw from SP for inspiration. Everyone expects something connected to the lake up here - but I do strive to be different.

Tikanis - We paint Adirondack Chairs for a fundraiser. Last year I did a cow with a matching ottoman.

Regarding the CENSUS - mine was securely fastened to my doorknob by a twist tie. I know they bang on doors up here - there were signs posted everywhere to apply for the job. There are some very out of the way deserted spots around here - no thank you. I know someone that did it years ago and loved it - she said she met all kinds of wonderful people.

Wodka - glad you weren't selected, sounds like it could drag out a long time.

IvaMae - WTG.

Rainy and gloomy around here - but I am not complaining after the last couple weeks we have had.

Make today a good one.

o

Raeanne, LOL about your comment re: "No-thank-you-to-census-job". You still have that NYC attitude. It's not often we meet strangers we find "interesting" here. I cannot imagine banging on any stranger's door. LMAO!!!!

o

Raeanne, I can't wait to see what you decide to paint your chair. A horse would be beautiful, but seems like so difficult to draw/paint. (Of course, I'm basing my thoughts on my childhood experiences in trying to draw a horse - not pretty. Never could get the legs right!)

Yes, I'm relieved about jury duty. One minor correction - there were actually 123 plaintiffs who are claiming damages, but only 11 who would appear in court to testify. Can you imagine? It will be interesting to see how long the trial lasts (much more interesting now that I'm not in the juror's seat!)

o

Raeanne, you have to paint what inspires you right? There are plenty of horses up in Saratoga county along with a great driving club, Saratoga Driving Club. Still, I love the cow. JMHO Now I can't wait until you decide.

o

Anyone interested in a recipe? I just saw this on the Weight Watcher site, so haven't tried it yet. I haven't been cooking, since husband has been on liquid diet after the surgery, but he might be able to eat it with some pasta? It would be delicious with chicken, and/or broccoli, etc.

Here it is:

Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce (It said serving size: 4, but not sure what 4 is, 4 oz?)

1 cup skim milk
1 tbsp light margarine
6 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 pinch garlic powder

In a medium sized saucepan, combine all ingredients until everything is melted and sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

o

It's been a long time since I was here. 2002! I was looking for recipe's SS or Atkins. Was this forum SS before and now is something else? Is there a site for good low carb recipe exchange like there use to be? I have a notebook full of good recipes form this site before but I'm always on the look out for more. It sounds as if many of you are doing other woe's now. I am back on Atkin's as that seems to work for me in the long run better than weight watchers, or ss or others.

o

I'm stumped. What in the world is Laughing Cow Cheese?????

ivamae

o

ivamae - Laughing Cow Cheese comes in individually wrapped spreadable cheese wedges in a cardboard round - My favorite is The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss flavor. It's good used in recipes (I use mine in a Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe that is so tasty.) Also good just spread on crackers. One wedge is only 35 calories, and one WW point.

You can find them in the dairy section at grocery stores, Walmart, Sam's Club.

o

here it is!

Here is a link that might be useful: Laughing Cow

o

Good Thursday all,

Where is everybody?

o

Hello Suzanne!

I'm here, just trying to get through a frustrating week with some inner-ear/dizzyness problems, which makes it difficult to finish projects in a timely fashsion at work.

I was down another pound this morning. That makes about 6 1/2 pounds since February 20. I'm very pleased with that, but need to add much more exercise. It was difficult getting walking in this week (with the dizziness), but I did it. Don't know if I mentioned this, but I've not been to our fitness center in over a month because I hated the way my (old, ratty) yoga clothes fit me. Yesterday I stopped at the Kohl's sale (with an additional 30% off coupon!) and found 2 pair of yoga pants and a top that fit and look nice. Looks like if I feel good enough, I'll be stopping by the center more often. It's just that there are many young women there; its a corporate center with people (and MEN!) that I work with. I was too ashamed to be seen in such tight, faded clothes......I'm sure you all know how I feel about this. Anyway, it's a new start, so I'm ready when my ear stuff clears up.

Enough about me!

How is everyone? Ready for the weekend? Ready for spring? OK, let's get moving.

MIA's---COME OUT AND SAY HELLO!

Thanks!
Dee

o

TGIF!!

Dee, I hope your vertigo is passing. I have mild cases of it and it's not funny at all. Glad you found yoga outfit that you feel good in. I just wear sweat pants and shirt. I like to be warm even in the summer.

Okay, where is every one?

o

Thanks for the info. I'll have to have a look and see if I can findd it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here