SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trekaren

March Madness :-) Dieting this week

trekaren
19 years ago

Where is everybody? Thought I would start a weekly post.

I feel GREAT! I bought a treadmill last weekend. But then DH ended up in the hospital part of last week, so I didn't fully assemble it. Got it put together Sat a.m. and hit the ground running! Did 1.5 miles Saturday, 1.5 miles Sunday, and 1.5 miles today!! !YES! I got up at 5 and did it before work. Oh, also I rode the WORST horse at the barn Sunday. Kathy, she was tough! I swear she is part mule. So I am pretty sore from trying to ride Miss TC.

Some thoughts and vents:

1) I made up my own mind to get the treadmill, with or without DH blessings. He gave me the "Oh all the equipment you buy never gets used. etc etc etc". I knew, though, that the treadmill is my favorite, even at the gym. Where I used to work, they had a treadmill and I used it often.

2) DH tends to criticize and put down my efforts as "Yeah, same old story. It won't last" instead of telling me good job for getting up early on a Sunday to work out.

So after he put my efforts down, I made up my mind to NOT CARE what he thinks. I am not, after all, doing this for him. Why do I care so much whether he supports me. I should be able to do this for me, by me, with me alone.

(After all, we gals have enough self-guilt without our DHs obliging with even more of it) i.e. I know I don't always stick with things. I sure don't need HIM pointing it out.

Anyway, after I had that little talk with myself, I felt much more motivated and at peace. This is MY time. My efforts, my success or failure.

Then, later on, he came back downstairs and gave me a high five! I think he realized he doesn't have to always be so negative.

And so far, so good!!! Only bad thing is you have to pick the right CD to listen to. I grabbed the Eagles today, but I didn't realize how mellow they are. Was not as motivating as the others I had used on Sat/Sun.

Anyway, feel free to post with brags, vents, whatever!!!

Hope you all have a great week!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional