Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support - March 21 thru March 27

Posted by Marci_PA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 05 at 8:18

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - March 21 thru March 27

Thanks for the gif, Marci!!! It's good to see that the flowers will be peeking at us soon. :-)

Taking DH to the hospital in a few...another step forward to seeing him well. I felt good this weekend, and I may pack some clothes and ask the nurses if I can stay in DH's room tonight, since he has surgery this afternoon and tomorrow morning. We'll see...

Make this a great week, ladies!

Besh, please give BJ a giant hug for me!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

DeeMarie - I will keep DH in my thoughts. ((((((Hugs)))))) to both of you.

Tikanis - just a word of warning - Mercury is in retrograde again (seems like it always is to me). Our TV broke, my printer wouldn't print and this morning the computer wouldn't let me open a program that I use often.
I thought of you LOL.

DH quickly got under my skin, with questions like, "are you sure the printer is plugged in?" I'm not complaining, because he is now sitting at home talking to tech support people and he didn't really want to do that - he is better than me, because I just take their word and he will question them to death or have them do something they wouldn't do for me.

Yes, it is very springlike here today too and it feels good to have a lighter jacket on. It is only in the 40's, but that is feeling like 60 to me after this winter.

NH Suzanne - on Saturday both turkeys showed up, much to my relief, and spent hours at my feeder. Then yesterday just the bigger one was back. So the younger one must be looking for some action. Sounds like you got in some much needed riding this weekend - good for you.

Gotta run, I'm still buried under at work.

o

Good Morning all..... I finally got a chance to post.

Congrats on all the weight losses.

Happy belated b-day Patti!!!!

I am down about 5 lbs. I am eating less. I think it is because I am now sharing most meals with other people, Parents and new co-workers and am self conscious of how much I am eating and what I am eating. So goody for me, right. So after my parents leave, I hope I can keep it up.

Since we have recovered from my Fathers near drowning, he ended up falling last week and hitting his head, split his eyelid open and skinned his shoulder, etc. He looks a mess. My stress level is off the charts. It is sad for me to see my parents age. They always were so on the go and hip. Oh well......that's life...

So, here is to a GREAT NEW WEEK for all of us.......Eat Healthy and wise......WATER WATER WATER.......

Bye....

Lynn

o

Lynn - I'll drink (water) to that! So sorry to hear about your dad. You are right it is very hard to watch them age.

o

Good Morning All,

DeeMarie, hugs to you and DH. I hope all goes well. We will be thinking of you.

Lynn, so sorry about your father's troubles. It is hard to see our parents age. Take a deep breath and let go of some of your stress.

Patti, what a wonderful birthday gift!!! Perfect for you. Are you allowed to get close to them? I love them so much and feel so badly that they get hurt so badly by careless boaters. Poor things and so sweet.

Raeanne, glad your turkeys have returned. THey are so much fun to watch.

I have daffodils starting to peek up from the soil near my house where it's very warm. It's so nice to hear the birds again in the morning........life is good.

I am having a tough time selling the May issue! It's scary!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

o

Helllllllooooo????

Anyone out there?

DeeMarie, I am thinking of you and DH today.

Besh and BJ, have a great time tonight. I am jealous!

Where is everyone?

o

Hi all!

Well, this is weird--I've tried since Sat to get on here (and the KT), and I can not post, nor email. So, I tried again, and here I am. ??? Oh, well!

And Patti--sorry I am late--I did think about you, just couldn't post--so a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Dee---((((((hugs))))) to you and DH--you're both in my thoughts and prayers! :)

Lynn--ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your dad--I hope he gets to feeling better soon! :)

Things are busy here--between glasses and now PURSES (!!), I've ran like a mad woman--I'll see if I can get Rog to post some pics--

UPS is here--I'll be back

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Good evening from DH's hospital room. He just got back from Recovery and looks very pink (last time he was gray!). He says he feels OK and wants something to eat! LOL I think I"ll ask if I can sleep in the room with him tonight....don't want to leave him :-( I really miss him when he's not in the house at night. Suzanne, I don't know how you do it, plus with all the work you have...my hero!!

Hello to everyone. gotta run........
D (who forgot to look for a baby picture for Marci...sheesh!)

o

Hi,

Dee, I hope things are better with DH! Thinking of you.

Well, I just wanted to let you all know that I just got back from meeting BJ and Steve. It was so great to finally meet one of my sisters! They are just so nice and so sincere. BJ is very pretty and lots of fun and I hope that we get to do it again some time. Roger and I had a great night. Pictures will be posted when BJ gets back!

Nighty, night!

Love, Besh

o

Besh - I agree with all you said about BJ and Steve. BJ is very pretty, fun and witty. I'm so glad you both got to meet.

Dee - I'm glad DH has some color - will hold him in my thoughts (YOU TOO).

I don't know if I mentioned my computer at home isn't working, so I won't be posting much. Too busy at work, to sneak much in too.

Maddie - I would love to see the sunglasses and the purses too.

SO behave yourself, while I'm away LOL. I have been SSing for 16 days, working on day 17 and going strong.

o

Raeanne - my hat is off to you and your 16 days of SSing. I am jealous.

DeeMarie - My thoughts are with your and your DH for a speedy recovery!!!!!

Besh - looking forward to seeing the pics with you and BJ.

Leaving now to get some water again!!!!!!

Just Checking in to say "Hello to Everyone"!!!

Take Care -

Lynn

o

Lynn-yeah, 16 days, but who's counting?

I just came across this link below and had to post it for BJ -even though she's not around.

Here is a link that might be useful: Good investment for BJ

o

Good Morning All,

DeeMarie, glad that DH is feeling okay! Personally, I have never felt so bad that I couldn't eat LOL!! I am quite sure that is what the problem is.

Besh, I really wish that I could have mustered the energy to drive down to see you all. When I saw what time you posted Tuesday night I was glad that I didn't. I would be dead on my feet and that's not good. Sounds like it was short but sweet.

Raeanne, are you getting snow this morning? We have about 4" on the ground. I love spring storms. It's quiet except for the birds singing. Nothing will daunt them now!
16 days SS!! WTG, I am jealous too!

Lynn, don't drown in all that water!

QOD: What is your plan for Easter?? I have no plans except to ride. The weather is supposed to be great and DH will be home which will be nice. No plans is nice for me.

o

Good morning Suzanne - We only got a dusting, but schools only 20 minutes away were postponed or closed, so I guess we were lucky.

QOD - no plans, just DH and I. If it's nice, maybe we will do a BBQ. Girls aren't coming home. There is a sunrise Easter service at the Sagamore, that I have never made, so I might do that.

can't type o n thisbroken keyboard any longer, so have a goodday.

o

QOD - Possibilty that both kids will be home. DS for sure, DD maybe. We are going to my MIL's and my parent's on Saturday. I have to make a cake and tons of deviled eggs.
Having DS and his DGF Friday for dinner. Today I am cleaning and shopping. The rest of the time I am going to CHILL OUT!

DeeMarie - Hope DH is still in the "pink".

Maddie - I saw where lots of peeps at the KT had trouble posting, so it wasn't just you. Hope ivillage doesn't start messing with a good thing.

No snow here, just rain, rain and more rain. DD said they had 5" of snow yesterday. When will it end!?

Anyone here still watching Survivor? I am loving this season. "Our boy Ian" (as he is called in the papers), is making it so much fun this time. The girls I work with have never watched it before, so now I have someone to discuss the show with. And DS calls after every show to rehash the events. Still couldn't get DH to watch it though, even with Ian on there. We found a picture of my DS and Ian in their cub scout uniforms. We will need to get it autographed if Ian goes all the way! LOL

Have a great day!
Marci

o

Hi all,

Raeanne, you just HAD to mention Mercury in retrograde??? my computer went out again for 4 days!!(I see that your keyboard is broken...)

DeeMarie, sending out good thoughts and lots of prayers for DH.

Suzanne, I like your Easter plans!

Lynn, It IS so hard to watch parents get older and slow down. Thinking of of you and your Dad....

QOD: DD coming over with the boyfriend. DS helping me grill a leg of lamb with all the fixins. Lots of deviled eggs. And I always put together an Easter Basket for both kids. Church at 8:00 am.

Overcast and threatening rain again today. We have tripled our rainfall from last year already! I love it but feel bad for those whose homes are in danger.

Our garden is too wet to work in so I am watching those weeds grow along with the veggies. I'm itching to put those tomatoes in the ground. Patience, patience, patience! Not one of my strongest virtues, Ha Ha!

I, too, have not sent Marci a pic. Is it too late? Also, with all of these computer catastrophes, I have lost the link to the picture trail. Would you send it again please? TIA!

Be strong and be well!

Tikanas

o

DH and I are home, and he's resting. Looks like all the stones may be gone now...fingers are crossed here!!

Besh, I envy you! Wish I could have been there with the gang.

QOD: We are invited to DSIL, about 8 miles from here. DH said if he feels up to it, he'll go. Problem is, with his family, they tell you 3pm, and not everyone shows up until 4:30pm. (They do it to me at Christmas too...really annoying). He wants to ask exactly when dinner will be served and go then; spend an hour or so, and then come home. I think he'd rather stay home; his daughters will be at their aunt's home. I would LOVE to have a small, light Easter dinner with him alone, but with the family....you know what can happen! LOL!!

Hope everyone who celebrates is having a blessed Holy Week.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

DeeMarie,

If ever there was a great excuse to stay home alone it's now!!!! I wouldn't want to go anywhere after what you and DH have been through. Enough family already!!! Go for it girl!!

o

I second that DeeMarie!! Motion carried??
You've had enough! Relax and do it another time.

Tikanas (who would not enjoy extra-late guests at Christmas either)

o

Hello,

QOD: Cooking breakfast for about 25 and that is just my immediate family and my DS future in laws! Looking forward to it. It has been a long winter and I have not seen some of my family since Christmas.

Marci, Yes, I am still a Survivor junkie! I forgot that you knew Ian. He is the one that is the dolphin trainer, right? One of the teachers at school sent in a video and if she had been picked this is the show that she would have been on. She is sending another video for the next one. I would love to see her on it. She would be perfect. DS and I watch faithfully every week. Once in a while DH will watch it, but only because it is on. He is a CSI fan.

No school tomorrow, so DS is having 3 friends sleep over tonight. Nobody will get any sleep!

All for now. (((HUGS))) to all.

Love, Besh

o

So, what's for breakfast Besh? Breakfast is my favorite meal since I don't usually cook it! LOL

Enjoy your family and don't work too hard.

o

Marci, I'm also a Survivor fan! I like Tom, but really would love to see Ian as one of the finalists. Let's not forget that our very own BJ has sent in tapes...would she be a trip or what? LOL!!!

DH woke up feeling really great this morning. He was doing so well last night that I left him alone in the guest room on the second floor, and I slept in our room on the third floor. I got up twice to look in, and he was sleeping soundly. Soooo, today I'm working again from home and shutting down at 12:30 for my own MD appointment, followed by a 2:30pm hair appointment. Thanks to the miracle of technology, I was able to put in 38 hours of work this week without taking off any vacation time. Amazing! It actually saved my sanity in that hospital because the waiting time was not too bad for me since I was working off my laptop. I'm very grateful to my director for letting me do it this way. I've decided to take some time off in April to spend a day or two with DH. Maybe we'll go down to Atlantic City and walk the boards and throw some quarters into a machine...during the week it's so much nicer than weekends.

Besh, I give you lots of props---breakfast for 25? It's my least favorite meal to cook for a crowd. So much last-minute stuff to do...or do you have a secret? My family (and DH's) like home fries and eggs....they don't like the fancy egg dishes that you can do ahead. Please let us know what your preparing!

Suzanne, I had another dream about you last night. We were just hanging out together and having fun. I dreamed of you at least twice while I was sleeping in the hospital with DH. In one, I was watching you ride Sweet Pea. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and neither of us had to work! Now, THAT's a dream!!! LOL

OK, I gotta go now and get some work done.

Have a great day!
Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

DeeMarie,

Glad DH is feeling better. Hmmmmmm, wonder why you are dreaming about me AND P! Maybe I am going to teach you how to ride a horse someday! That would be fun. I like the beautiful sunny day and not having to work part the best!

o

DeeMarie - I am glad that DH is feeling much better, sounds like he is sleeping better than you LOL. I love your dreams, horses represent power and freedom - and what could be better than to have Suzanne joining you in all that fun. Your family would get along real well with mine - none of them are ever on time and that was always a sore spot with me - I am always prompt and can't understand why other people are always late.

Besh - Yes, tell me about your menu too. I don't care to make breakfast for a large group. A couple times I have done it, but very messy and most things have to be cooked right before serving. I have a receipe for a breakfast casserole, it has potatoes, eggs, etc in it. It sounds like a big omelette that you bake, I have always wanted to try that, but haven't had the opportunity since I found it.

Marci - I'm not a huge Survivor fan and usually only watch the last couple of episodes.

However, I am loving Amazing Race - a show I never watched until this one and think Rob is a riot. I actually think that DH and I could've done this one so far - except for the eating part.

I snuck in a few minutes on the computer at work. One of my co-workers brought her daughter in today and I have been entertaining her most of the morning - she's in kindergarten and is so sweet and bright.

o

Hello,

I'm back from the dead! I had some 24 hour thing, that just really wiped me out. I'm glad that it was yesterday and not today.

You asked about breakfast...piece of cake.
-Two hams, one from the Honey Baked Ham Company and one from the supermarket, all cooked, just need to be heated.
-4 store bought Quiche. Wholefoods just opened near us and they have all homeade and gourmet foods.
-Bacon, will cook ahead of time and reheat in oven.
-Hash brown potatoes - DH specialty. He will make tonight and reheat tomorrow.
-Bagels and cream cheese, no brainer.
-Fruit salad, my sister is making.
-Scrambled eggs I will make in the morning.

Bon Apetit!

Have a wonderful holiday. I'm off to clean.

Love, Besh

o

I always miss so much when I don't check in every day. LOL I always seem to post after Besh or Maddie too, what does it all mean?

NH Suzanne~They don't let you get real close to the manatees. They say that if you do or if you feed them then they lose their natural fear of humans & that has been a big part of why they have been hit by boats. My personal opinion is that boaters just are not careful enough though. They go so fast in the "no wake" zone.

Besh~I'm so jealous of you for getting to meet BJ. Not an ugly green headed jealous but more envious. I hope that one day I can say that I have met each one of my sisters here.

Marci~You wouldn't believe the amount of robins here. I am glad that you are going to get to see DS. Dolphin trainer? That is right up my alley! I love 'em.

BJ~I know that you are MIA right now but I saw the recipe for peeps on GMA, I think, this week & I immediately thought of you.

DeeMarie~I hope that this takes care of DH's stones. I know that it isn't a pleasant thing to go through.

Tikanis~I saw a rub that you put on lamb today on the "Today Show". It really sounded good. I'm getting ready to plant tomatoes myself.

Maddie~Sorry that you were having trouble posting. I'd love to see your purses.

Lynn~I, too, have stepped up the water. I wasn't drinking enough for quite a while. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Our plans are the standard ones for Easter. We go to the Sunrise Service at Bok Towers. It gets us in there for free which usually costs about $4 a car & we not only enjoy the service but we get to see all the beautiful flora! Can't beat that. Then we are having chicken & dressing for lunch. I know that it isn't SS'd but Dave could eat it for every holiday. :)

Shout out to everyone I've missed. Don't take any day for granted. Live life to its fullest. Patti :)

o
RE: SS Support - March 21 thru March 27 ::

Raeanne~I was going to compare our sunrise services. I didn't mean not to speak to you, you sweet thing, you! :) Patti

o

Besh - sounds like you found a way to make it much easier. I never would've thought to prepare the bacon ahead of time and I love the ham from the Honey Baked Ham Co. - we have a store about an hour from us. Don't forget the Mimosa's LOL.

Patti - I would never feel left out, it's hard to remember to respond to each and you always do an excellent job. I still have the postcard you sent me of Bok Towers. I haven't forgotten your slippers, but apparently they are now out of style and hard to find LOL. I will think of something...

Dee - We went out with a couple last night and they said they would pick us up. I had reservations to a restaurant 20 minutes from my house and they showed up after the time we were suppose to be there. My DH was pacing the floor and getting a bit upset - especially since the reservation was in our name and we love this restaurant. We have decided that we are going to start telling them that the reservation is at least 15 minutes before it is - let's see if that works.

Today is Day 20 of SSing and I am proudly wearing a pair of pants that were very very snug on me just before I started. It feels good.

o

Raeanne~That seems to be so selfish of someone to keep you waiting like that when they know that you have reservations at a particular time. My ex was always late & I was always saying that he would be late to his own funeral! LOL WTG on your 20th day of doing such a good job & getting the pair of snug pants on. That must have made your day! Patti :)

o

o

Happy Easter!!!!

Good morning ladies! I hope this beautiful morning finds everyone well with visions of chocolate bunnies dancing in their heads!!

I need to catch up on the posts; things have been nuts here, what with the Derby a bit over a month away--I'll try to be back later this afternoon--

Love and hugs,

Maddie

o

Happy Easter All! The sunrise service was beautiful. It was a nice cool morning. (Past mornings had been too cool & there had been dew on the seats but this one was perfect.) Anyway, I wanted to wish everyone a special day. Patti :)

o

Happy Easter everyone!!

Patti, I LOVE a sunrise service too!! : )

Family coming for dinner. Grilled butterflied leg of lamb that has marinated 24 hrs, stuffed artichokes, grilled veggie kebabs, tabouleh on baby romaine leaves from the garden, rice/lentil pilaf, deviled eggs (dyed in Easter pastels) and a homemade lemon cheese cake for dessert. Not much of a diet day, Ha Ha!

The weather is perfect; 70 degrees, sunny, with a slight breeze. Perfect for breaking out the ol' grill.

May you all have a blessed and woderful Easter!

Tikanas

o

Hi,

Happy Easter!!!! The last of my crowd just left, now we are off to my inlaws for dinner and to have a nice visit with DFIL.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day. Tikanis your menu sounds awesome!

Love, Besh

o

Happy Easter!

Just returned from the east coast at midnight, so we're jet laggin' around. The Easter bunny came this morning and we've been eating eggs all day. No peeps in the house, but the malted eggs called to me, so I made myself a deal to stick to one color only---I ate some white ones---but I got sick of them quickly!

My east coast visit was so fun---everyone was SO nice everywhere we traveled. We had a blast in Salem with Besh and her husband----it was not a mild night! lol. The two of them had us laughing and their stories were hilarious! Besh is delightfully charming and has a great sense of humor and I love her style! She has wonderfully expressive eyes and a flawless complexion. (I'm jealous.) Her husband's and her way of telling stories kept us entertained all night long and the place we met at was comfy and full of local color, including a gal dressed like TinkerBell that turned our husbands into rubbernecks! Ha! We loved Salem and picked up the usual tourist stuff: bumper stickers that said "My Other Car Is A Broom" and "Magic Happens" and such. Besh and her husband gave us a wonderful route alternative to Glocester and Rocky Point and the drive was full of small towns and historical architecture---just right! OH! I'll send Marci the pics soon!

Further down the coast, we stopped by Mysic Pizza and got a pic of me under the sign; picked up a bumper sticker that reads: "Have You Had A Hot Piece Today? Mystic Pizza." and had a wonderful salad and 'a slice of heaven!' Great people.

Drove on to New London and then took the car ferry to Orient Point - one of my favortie places in the WORLD! We stayed at an old inn there and the innkeeper was a nice older lady; a wealth of information. We had dinner at The Fifth Season and it was one of the best meals I've ever had! Lovely restaurant---YUM!

We drove all over the place and then headed to Newark airport- how confusing is that place? YIIIIII!

The little vacation was just what the doc ordered for DH and me and my girl friend took perfect care of my kids. Nothing was amiss upon my return; it was SO NICE!

Anyway, we're back and so I will print, read, catch up, and post again tomorrow. I have a TON of laundry to do--I told my gal pal NOT to do laundry! I gotta do grocery shopping, etc. We are having ravioli and some tomato sauce for dinner and RELAXING the jet lag away.....

Tikanas, your meal sounds delish! Hope it's peaceful and everything you wish for!

Lynn, my thoughts are with you and your family. Watching parents grow old is very worrisome and touches the heart in a different way---sort of sad. I hope your father mends and gets back into the swing of things soon. (((((((HUGGLES)))))))))

Joy to the world!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here