o
Drag out the recipes!

Posted by Kathy_ (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 3, 04 at 7:06

Time to post some healthy recipes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
here's mine

Ok Here's a recipe for cole slaw that sounds good - now to buy some cabbage...
4 cups shredded cabbage
1/4 c chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 c ff mayo
2 tablespoons skim milk
sugar substitute to equal 1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teasp. dijon mustard
1 teasp dried parsley flakes
Combine veggies in a large bowl
In small bowl combine rest of ingrediants
Add mayo mix to cabbage mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour. stir before serving
Each 2/3 cup serving (makes 6) has 36 calories, 0 fat, 1gm protein, 8 gm carb, 1gm fiber

o
RE: Drag out the recipes!

This was my first effort at Thai cooking and the recipe was posted by Sunnyco on the cooking forum. I have copy and pasted her recipe here. It is totally delicious, so good that I made it two nights in a row. You can use any kind of meat and throw some tofu in there as well. I used chicken. I did not use the chili pepper, but threw in a few hot pepper flakes. For me, I don't think it would be nearly as good without the cilantro.

NAM SOD
(Jays recipe, via Sunny 8/01)

Steamed white rice
2 TB lime juice (Sunny adds extra)
1-2 TB sugar (Sunny added extra to compensate for extra lime)
2 TB fish sauce (Jay likes Squid brandcheaper and tastes better than some)
1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
2 TB peanuts, raw, unsalted (Sunny doubles quantity)
1/4tsp. dried chili pepper (whole)
1/4-1/2 lb. meat (Sunny uses chicken)
1-2 green onions, finely chopped
1/4 large white onion (or 1 little onion)
2 TB cilantro (optional)
6 leaves romaine, cut in approximately " strips

Cook rice first! Place the lime, sugar, fish sauce and ginger together in one bowl (dont need to mix); set aside. *Fry peanuts and chile in about 2 TB oil; remove from pan and set aside, reserving oil in pan; finely chop the 1/4 tsp. chili when cool enough to handle (add at end). Stir-fry meat (in same oil); turn off heat. While pan is still hot, add lime, sugar, fish sauce and ginger. Taste sauce; it should be a tart, sweet and salty balance (or to your preference); add more lime (for more tart), sugar (for more sweet) or fish sauce (for more salty flavor) if needed. Mix all ingredients (except rice) together. Serve over rice on plate.

*Peanuts and chilis are done very quickly at very high heat setting between 20 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on your stove (dont turn your back for a second!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here