Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! It's school fundraising time!

Posted by Mush (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 22, 05 at 19:27

DH came home tonight with a huge tub of Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Dough and 3 Caramilk bars!!! The chocolate covered almonds and tins of candy corn are appearing in the office again. How do I resist them all?!!!! He has cookies in the oven as I type. Told him he'd better bake them all and get them gone A.S.A.P. I have been so good but they smell soooooooo yummy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! It's school fundraising time!

Ask hubby to hide the cookies or take them to work with him! Chocolate bars too!

Then ask him to just give a donation next time and pass on the cookies, candy bars, bars, and cookie dough!

Hmmmm... about the candy corn---I assume you mean candy-coated pop corn. You could get some 94% fat-free micro-pop kettle corn from the grocery store and when you feel like indulging, have some of that. Sprinkle it with a little salt and a couple of packets of Splenda and it's just as yummy as anything else!

Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!

o

Take them to work, and put them in the break room!!!

Then treat yourself to something a little more diet-friendly, like an M&M Kudo bar, or skinny cow ice cream sandwich!!!

o

Did you smack him up alongside the head?
Lol...my hubby knows better and carries no cash :)
The bad thing about avoiding stuff like that (at least for moi) is that I eat everything else in the house to try to get rid of the cravings. So how did you do? Kathy

o

I took all the treats to work and dumped them in the lunch room! I did eat one cookie while everyone was munching away and it was yummy. Sometimes giving in and rewarding yourself with a small sweet works better than trying to totally resist. I feel much better now! I have lost a total of 35 lbs. and have managed to keep it off over Xmas, New Years and several other celebrations so I feel good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here