Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sonoma diet

Posted by bonnie_ct (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 18:19

Has anyone tried this? I keep getting ads for it, but in order to learn more about the diet, you have to submit your info first. I don't want to do that. I would like to get an idea of what it is other than really great tasting food, blah blah.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sonoma diet

Bonnie, they have the book at Amazon. Read the reviews there and see what you think.

Hope you'll post back here if you decide to try it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonoma Diet

o

Reading the book now, checked out of the local library. I'm cheap ...

Not a diet based on deprivation, looks and sounds good so far.

o

Hello,

My friend tried this diet and got tired of all the cooking and recipes real fast. She thought it was a good sound healthy diet, but just way to much food preparation for every meal and she is one that loves to cook.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Besh

o

I'm currently on this "diet". I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all. As an ex-chef the recipes are great. I learned a few new tricks, and reinforced a few more. So far I've lost 15 pounds. My family LOVES the recipes that I've used, and the concept or base of the diet is easily integrated into everyday life.

o

I just started this "lifestyle change" and yes the cooking is a lot more than what I am used to. But so far, many of the recipes I have tried can be frozen. So you can make extra and freeze it.

Cooked grains can be frozen in single portions or family sized portions.

What could be easier than coming home an reheating a pre-cooked meal? Maybe add a fresh salad. tada. dinner.

o

In the attached link is writen that 'moderate consumption of wine' is recomended in this diet. What's moderate consumption of wine?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonoma Diet Pros and Cons

o

I've lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks on this diet. I don't mind the cooking. Stir-fry dishes are easy. When I don't want to cook, the diet lets me heat up a Lean Cuisine Spa meal. I also finally realized that processed foods have been my downfall, though I do love them. Time for a life change! I like the idea of fresh, healthy foods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here