Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperate

Posted by taz01mania02 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 18:11

Hi my name is Cassie. I have been trying for many years to lose weight without any success. I have tried all the fad diets with little success. I am hoping to find another alternative that will help me with my problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am 50+ years old and desperate to better my health. I am very limited on the exercises that I can do due to my weight but I am willing to try anything at this point to better my situation.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperate

Hi, Cassie.
I don't know that I have any immediate solution or recommendation for you, but I just wanted to try to encourage you a little. It's great that you are looking for help. And I know how you feel. I'm 40 and I've struggled with my weight since I was 9 years old. I have some recent back trouble (last 8 months) that has prevented me from doing the exercise I used to love.

I've just started the Atkins diet. I'm on day 3 of Induction. I can't say yet whether this will be the one that works for me, but it's more formalized than anything I've tried before, and so I'm hoping for some results.

Whatever you choose to do, I will pray that it works for you. And I hope you find some helpful support here, too.

o
RE: Desperate

Hi taz01maniac02,
I don't know what you have for the 3 meals, as for desperate to lose weight, remember this :
If you loose it too quickly, you might gain it back just as quickly, so don't hurry it, give it time.
As for intake of food, a few suggestions here. They may be
difficult to follow, but try & see if it makes sense..it will work for ANYBODY who wants to loose weight.

Cut SUGAR... they are too much in everything we eat, from so called Lowfat Yoghurt to Healthly bars. The WORST thing is SODA; it's simply water + SUGAR + CAFFEINE.
DRINK SOMETHING FREE...H20.
DRINK GREEN TEA like the Asian...Japanese & Chinese people are rarely overweight.

Cut ICECREAM...it's again SUGAR + FAT

Cut PASTRIES, COOKIES...flour ? mixed with SUGAR + BUTTER ?
try eating nuts and dry your own fruits for healthier options.

COOKING our food...
No gravy, steam food, blanch our veggies instead of a spray of butter over the corn on the cob...no breading of the chicken or fish that you cook.

It is a matter of controlling the food we buy, prepare & eat. It isn't anything with all those diet plans and commercials other than feeding their wallets. It's an obsession fed into our minds only. Don't let the external rule your internal, it's a mind control situation ... as long as we eat right, is healthy at our age ( I'm 57 & menopaused as well ), that's a gift from heaven.

Don't be desperate and don't drag onto become anymore desperate...Spring is coming !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here