SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naturelle_gw

Hello Beverly

naturelle
20 years ago

I dropped over here to post my message about low carb bread, and saw you are in good hands here. I browse the Cooking forum, as you know, and have not seen you there. I have often thought about your condition and wonder/hoped everything was going well for you. Have you gotten into tofu, seaweed and the oriental veggies that I was espousing at the Cooking forum? I remembered you liked cheese, so I have to let you know that I tried shredded tofu mozzarella cheese on my last homemade pizza. I had previously tried the other tofu cheese products for imitation cheddar etc (not for pizza), but they could not get me enthused. This mozzarella was surprisingly good, and with a well seasoned tomato sauce, herbs etc. in this type of dish, it does not make much difference anyways. When I opened the package, there was a bit of a funny smell about it and I was misapprehensive, but when baked off it was fine. Of course, there is no fat to give you the mouthfeel of real cheese, but a drizzle of good olive oil helps with that. Lower/better fat, no cholesterol, no lactose, so there's got to be a tradeoff for your health, right? I also am able to have my pizza, without feeling a bit guilty.

I browsed this forum for the first time today, and I think it's great. Nice people. I'll drop by more. Take care, and keep with it, you'll do well.

Comments (10)

Sponsored