Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Miracle of Green Tea???

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 15:21

I seem to be reading so much about green tea lately. I had tried it before and couldn't stand the taste, but this weekend I bought some flavored green tea and I really like it. I decided to drink a cup a day, then I started wondering how many cups is recommended. I found this article The Miracle of Green Tea. On page 2 it discusses how much to drink. Looks like I need to be drinking 4 or 5 cups at the very least.

Does anyone else drink green tea? Do you drink that much?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Miracle of Green Tea???

I just bought some of it, it also has some flavors with it--like cranberry and lemon. For me, this may have to be an acquired taste. The lemon one was pretty good.

o

I drink green tea every day. I don't buy it in tea bag form where they put artificial flavors in. Ugh. I buy loose tea from a local vendor and I buy the gun powder green tea. You would not be able to tell the difference between "regular" tea and green tea. The flavor is tea like and not unusual. I drink 2 cups in the morning and one to two cups in the afernoon. I don't drink it for an special benefits I drink it because I like it and if I get a benefit so much the better.

Try real green tea before you decide. Don't drink tea with artificial flavors either.

o

I drink green tea. I like iced arizona green tea.

o

There is a book from a couple who lost weight by drinking green tea. It's a very good book. It's called The Green Tea Lifestyle.

There is also an article you can find here: Benefits of Green Tea. It mentioned about losing weight.

o

I like the gunpowder green tea too but mine comes in tea bags from a local tea and peanut vendor. The stuff in the grocery stores is like flavored green water compared to the gunpowder.

o

My doctor told me to drink 3 cups of green tea per day. I start my day with a cup of good English tea. I LOVE PG Tips.
After that, I start drinking the green tea. Green tea is certainly very different from black tea and takes some getting used to. Also, I found that different brands have a very different flavor, so you might want to try some different brands before you give up. Also: it's very important how you brew it. With black tea, you want to bring the water to a full, rolling boil. With green tea, you want to use the water just before it boils. One more thing: while I love my English tea very hot, to me green tea tastes better when it has cooled down to lukewarm.

o

I drink about 4 cups of green tea a day also. I was taking in too much coffee so I switched to green tea. I didn't like the taste at first but now it is a must for my day.

o

Watch the fluoride -("A 2005 study conducted by Dr. Michael Whyte from Washington University raised concerns about the high fluoride content in instant iced tea") -- it occurs naturally. Perhaps DONT use fluoridated water/tooth stuff while drinking it.

I use organic. Two cups a day. NO NATURAL flavors or sweeteners added. Just plain old tea. Cannot figure out how to do the loose leaf just yet. I am learning.

Tea can cause indigestion to those with a sensitive stomach.

It also reduces absorption of non-heme iron, causing problems to those prone to iron deficiency anaemia.

some info at www amazing-green-tea.com/drinking-too-much-green-tea.html

All in moderation. Personally, I like my filtered water.

o

Worriedone, you can steep some leaves and then add some gelatin to make "jell-o". It has an interesting taste to it when it is cold. I make it very strong and sometimes I add some stevia (not much) to it to make it more of a dessert.
I can tell my body is off when I get that nauseated/shaky feeling after having green tea. It doesn't happen often but when it does I take it easy (food wise) for two days or so and I am good again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here