SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresava

I've got to start somewhere!

teresava
20 years ago

And this looks like a nice place to try! I normally hang out at the KT, so I recognize a few names here.

Lately, I've just felt so unhappy and hopeless about my weight. I've never felt satisfied with my weight, but the past couple years the pounds have just kept multiplying! No one but me (and my doc) knows the actual number-not even DH-I'm too embarassed to admit it to anyone! Not that they can't see it for themselves?

3 1/2 years ago (before my wedding) I went to a nutrionist and lost about 35 lbs, but have slowly gained a lot back!

I've been thinking about doing WW? or following the plan the nutrionist laid out, just basically well-rounded meals. I know that none of those fad diets or pills will ever work (Wouldn't that be nice though??), besides I was too scared to ever try that junk!

It drives me crazy though-I KNOW what I should eat. I know it works, so why am I not doing it? Why am I carrying around this unhealthy extra weight and wearing "fat" clothes?? Why didn't I start to fix this problem when I had 5-10lbs to lose instead of 25-30?? WHY WHY WHY? But then I think maybe if I don't change years from now, will I be wondering why I have a even more lbs to lose??

DH and I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and exercise for at least 30-60 minutes each time. But at one point I was exercising 5-6 times a week (aerobic classes and weight-lifting), and still not losing the weight! It was as soon as I started eating healthy that the weight came off. I could definitely do more though.

ARGH!! It's so frustrating. My DH is one of those people that can eat like a horse and never gain a pound! I'm sure his eating habits have rubbed off on me, but not his high metabolism!

So wish me luck-I'll need it!

Comments (6)

Sponsored