SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

What do you think of this advice

ivamae
19 years ago

I'm 74, 5'6" ,weigh 170 pounds and am having problems with my Knees and last week slipped and broke an ankle bone.

I really think it is important to try to lose 30 pounds. My weakness is sweets. We have had a lot of stress the last several months and sweets are a security blanket and a very bad addiction.

I talked to my Dr. recently and asked him if he had any suggestions or plans that he favoured. He didn't but said that some people find that a high protein diet with a few specified hours a week, i.e. Thursdays from 2 to 5 ) that you allow yourself to eat all the sweets you can possibly eat, sometimes is the answer. His thought is that you eat so many in a short period, that it totally sickens you.

Does this make any sense and if so what proteins can one eat that would not contain a lot of bad fats for cholesteral? Would this include any fruits and veggies or not, as a lot of the veggies are high in carbs? Any suggestions. Right now trying to get around with this big boot is very difficult with the weak knee problem. I don't want to cause them any more strain than possible. thanks

ivamae

Comments (12)

Sponsored