SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aka_raeanne

SS Daily, Monday February 11 - Sunday 17, 2008

aka_raeanne
16 years ago

Come on in out of the cold and give us a post!

Comments (63)

• yankandtex
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

NH Suzanne~Yes, today is our anniversary and thanks! I'm so very blessed to have found my mate. I am amazed at the weather around the country. It is almost like we are living in another country that the rest of the US. When I talk to DSs in TX even they have 80 degree weather one day & 20 degree weather the next. They had high winds all week last week. I agree with Milkdud that you should have something for safety when you venture out to the barn in this kind of weather. Stay safe. [[[[ H U G S ]]]] You are still in our thoughts & prayers.

Milkdud~I'm impressed with your accomplishments. We only did Valentine's for DGD this year. DGS#1's b'day is on Valentine's so we did get him a b'day present out. I made Dave's card this year. You will probably not regret going ahead & weighing in tonight either. You'll have to tell me about that Oprah program b/c I didn't hear about that. We just saw something on the news about what I said.

Better go. ta ta

• milkdud_2007
    16 years ago

Patti, if you'll go to oprah.com, then to her archives for February 2008, you can watch the show from last week. It's the same title as Peter Walsh's book.

• Related Discussions

SS Daily Support Mon 1/17 to Sun 1/23

Q

Comments (39)
    Hi All! First off, Maddie, you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about your Dad. How are you doing there, girlfriend? And the family? ((( HUGS))) Suzanne, You and Sweet Pea! I hope that she is soon well and STAYS well! I know how hard it is when a loved one (2 or 4 footed) is ailing. Patti, I want to hear about your painting class! Have you ever done anything like this before? I'm also waiting to hear what the doc says. Hi to Dave : ) Lynn, those instructions for Crazy Train were as clear as mud to me LOL! KY Susie, sending good thoughts your sister's way...Nice to "meet you"! I have been MIA most of the week. My Dear friend Gael's Dad passed away on Wednesday. We have been friends since we were kids and of course, this is a difficult time for her ( Maddie, it has to be very much the same for you). I have had a HORRIBLE dieting week. (don't ask). Thanks to everybody, Bj, Raeanne, for you heartwarming thoughts. We got through this week ok, the first anniversary of Bill's death. I thought it would be harder than it was. I guess it was a blessing to be so preoccupied with other peoples problems...hard to feel too sorry for me!! Raeanne, I am so glad that you still like your box of goodies! How does that little water fountain work? Have you listened to those cds yet? HA HA!! I have the match to your black "worry stone" out in my garden and I think of you whenever I see it. DeeMarie, my daughter wants to know if you could make HER a Sopranos ornament!! I used the Greek seasoning in an eggplant/onion with Evoo casserole last night. Yumm! I love my Nora Jones CD. Very relaxing. Thanks again My computer froze up completely at the first of the week and had to be COMPLETELY rebuilt!! Okay, Raeanne... help me keep track here... 1) 1 week before Christmas the fridge breaks down. 2) next day the washer goes out and I replace them both. 3) 4 days before Christmas NEW fridge goes on the blink. Repairman fixes problem. 4) Christmas eve. the toaster oven goes to the great oven home center in the sky. 5) Jan 4th the dryer breaks down ( had it fixed) 6) Jan 11th favorite crock pot catches on fire ( short at the cord) 7) Last Monday, computer goes bye-bye.. Is it just ME or do any of you see a pattern here??? LOL!! Tomorrow it is back on the diet wagon.I have the menu planned as well as the exercise penciled in. Here's to all of us going through difficult times, those who are hurting and those of us who are just plain tired. Everything is easier with friends. I am thankful for you all. Sweet Dreams.... Tikanas
    ...See More

SS Support, Monday, 1/7 - Sunday 1/13/08

Q

Comments (16)
    It's sooooooooooooooooo lonely in this forum........ Someone open a curtain and LET SOME LIGHT IN!!!! The sun is half-heatedly shining here today. No snow. How 'bout those presidential candidate primaries? Huh? GUUUUUURL POWER.... and the good ole Mac boy network rides again. NHSuzanne, was your town voting center a madhouse last night? Back to packing....and juicing! I end all project in "and juicing" now...lol. I bought a couple of books on de-cluttering...I tossed my other decluttering books when I was decluttering last time...so I am re-inspired, especially since I am packing for the move NOW. It's time to really assess how much material stuff I need to operate in this life. So far, It's been pretty amazing how many pairs of boots I NEED! And I packed an entire box of books regarding death. I'm wondering how Feng Shui fits into THAT! I feel like I should have put a stick of sage incense or a flute cure in that box or something. Oh, I heard a funny thing in the island bookstore last weeknend. A lady went to the cash wrap to buy her books and the guy said, "Are you from here...or are you visiting?" She answered, "I'm from HERE, but just visiting..........earth." Now I know there are a LOT of hippies on the island, but this sort of took the cake for me. Whilst I was there, I bought a book called, "GIVING...How Each Of Us Can Change The World." Gonna start reading it tonight. What's everyone else HERE reading right now???????? I could ramble on quite a bit more, but I feel I should let someone else get a word in, eh?
    ...See More

SS Daily :July 11 (Monday)-17(Sunday)

Q

Comments (21)
    When my sister was told she had 6 months to live, we both read "Embraced by the Light", it is beautiful. Maddie - I heard that "Fast Food Nation" is a great read. Good luck with the interview, change your thinking to positive, even if it is her, maybe she has changed - 7 years can be a lifetime ago for some people. (Besh I just read your post to Maddie - great minds think alike LOL) It's official, I know every Cable technician by first name. We have such a problem with our service and they are stumped by what it could be, everything checks out. The supervisor called me this morning, I have had 6 different cable boxes in 2 weeks. They were scheduled to come back Monday afternoon, but the supervisor called to say they are coming today, aside from that he is giving us a nice credit for our inconvenience, that I didn't even ask for. BJ - just in case I miss you HAVE A GREAT TIME IN HAWAII!!! Enjoy the sun and the surf, sounds like you have enough reading to keep you busy for the entire time. Hopefully this trip will snap DH out of whatever is bugging him. Jen - I have to concur, the girls are beauties - we are all so proud of them. Thanks for always thinking of us. I just got the book "You The Owner's Manual - An Insider's Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger". It is well written, easy to read, cute graphics and has a lot of humor thrown in. One of the author's is Michael F. Roizen, MD - that is on Oprah, etc. with his Real Age test. If you have never taken one, I have a link below - it is fun, but gives you some tips on small changes to add years onto your life. DeeMarie - been to any good diner's lately? I am officially going on BJD's diet, (BJ daughters). I just need to boost my exercise regiment. I have been doing something every morning, and weights when I think of it during the day. I just realized I wasn't SS anymore and I can't even remember when it happened - so this just ain't workin for me anymore. DD#2 is off to Venezuela this evening for her old roommates wedding - I am a bit nervous, as she is traveling alone and arriving late at night - although the family said they arranged for transportation - I can't help being a mom.... Here is a link that might be useful: Find out your real age
    ...See More

Daily Support, Monday, 8/11 to Sunday, 8/17

Q

Comments (44)
    Good Sunday afternoon! Suzanne, your post made me smile because you sound so incredibly happy and content! Glad you won the battle with the bugs. Patti, I've never heard of chickenfoot before. I learn something new daily! Thanks for your nice offer to help make things for the church bazaar. I think they've probably got more than enough offerings even without my meager efforts though. I won't be here the day of the event, but I did bring home a sign for the yard today and will get my crafts up there beforehand. Yesterday, after working out, hubby and I drove up the road about 8 miles to another Methodist church that was having a catfish fry and live and silent auctions. The food was incredibly delish, and the auction items were good. We brought home a beautiful SS Red Hat necklace, a pampering basket full of goodies from a local spa (30-min. massage GC included!), a GC for a mani- and pedicure, and a GC for a Subway party tray which we'll use either at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I hope I can check out what my church will have in the auction so I can coach hubby on what to bid on! LOL Later this afternoon, we're both going to the church ice cream social. Hubby can't resist the lure of ice cream, so he wants to go. I hope he likes the people he gets to meet, too! Thinking of y'all even when I don't get here to post. (((((Hugs)))))) to everyone just because..........!
    ...See More
  • nhsuzanne
    16 years ago

Okay, I have ordered two tethers. One will only let me get as far as the chicken coop and the other will only let me go as far as the barn..........now in case of an emergency, I will simply cut the rip cord (an exclusive design for my tethers) and I will be launched back up to the front steps and picking myself up and getting myself in the house will be up to me!

Now I am REALLY ROTFLMAO!!!

Milkdud and Patti, thanks for your concern. It is one of the hazards I face as the owner of a menagerie! (which was the word of the day on Dr. Dictonary)

Patti and Dave have a lovely evening!

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay Suzanne - we need pictures LOL. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself sister.

Patti & Dave - Happy Anniversary - so glad the two of you found each other.

Milkdud - I don't have a white turtleneck sweater and I really needed the sweater today LOL.

Dee - I am curious to see if the meds work too. Rich get's vertigo once in a while - not in a long while, knock on wood. Nothing seemed to help him.

I guess I am making up for being away so long - are you ready to send me away on vacation again?

Have a great evening.

• milkdud_2007
    16 years ago

So glad I weighed in tonight! I'm down only 1.6 lbs, but it's DOWN!!!

Happy anniversary, Patti and Dave!

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

Milkdud! O-M-G!!!! CONGRATS!
    You're a REAL LOSER, girlfriend!

Patti and Dave: Happy An! You two are so special. We're lucky to have you here! XXOO!

I'm gonna CALL Besh in about a day if she doesn't check in---I WANNA KNOW ABOUT THAT NEW JOB, for crying out loud!

NHSuzanne~ I was going to suggest you tie a guide line from the barn to the coop to the house. We certainly cannot afford to lose you. That's the truth.

I gotta go check out that Oprah show RIGHT NOW. I don't really dig Oprah, but Peter Walsh is to-die-for! My DH wants to bring Peter here for a personal lesson on cleaning the garage...lol. Peter would have a heart attack if he saw my garage. House looks fine---garage is where it ALL goes!

Nighty night!

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here goes the official Un-Birthday List:
    Jen - Milkdud 8/24
    Marci - Patti 3/20
    Raeanne - BJ 4/23
    Dee - Maddie 10/5
    Donna - Dee 2/18
    Suzanne - Jen 8/23
    Milkdud - Raeanne 3/3
    Patti - Suzanne 11/20
    BJ - Donna 4/21
    Maddie - Marci 8/11

If I have any birthdays wrong or anything else - let me know.

Remember this is an "un"birthday exchange - no pressure if your partner has an early birthday. Does anyone want to do a questionnaire again? I think we all know each other pretty well, but I am open to it.

Congrats Milkdud

BJ - My garage is filled with "stuff" from both DD's college apartments - that is my next job to tackle.

I am off to art class - see you later.

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

Thanks for doing the b-day list, Raeanne!

I'd love to see another questionaire, just 'cause people's tastes/likes/dislikes change over the years!

Busy day for me! I'm off to IKEA to try and get some good prices on countertops and curtain rods. Then many errands to stores to gather more prices on appliances. Doing a half-kitchen remodel before I put the house on the market! Also doing 2 baths!

3 days until vay-cay blast off!

I have to weigh in today...back later after I do that!

CHECK IN!

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

Checking in...........still a bit dizzy (who isn't these days? LOL!), but doing OK

Maddie! So excited that I have you as my birthday buddy. Should be fun shopping for you.

Thanks again for taking the exchange on, Raeanne.

We are on the ready for a bit of snow this afternoon, followed by sleet and ice tonight into tomorrow. Looks like this gal will be working from home tomorrow. No way I'll drive on it. It will be tough enough to get home tonight..need to stick around here until at least 4:15, as our CEO is visiting from London and "addressing the masses" this afternoon. whooppee d*mn doooo lol!

BJ, you are a whirl of activity as usual.

Suzanne, hope you stay warm. I'll do my best to keep this bad weather away from you.

Gotta run.............
    Dee

• nhsuzanne
    16 years ago

Dee, that would be great karma!! LOL

• milkdud_2007
    16 years ago

Good afternoon from a very warm, 71 degrees, and severe thunderstorming SE Texas! One thing about living down here - hang around long enough, and you'll get every kind of weather imaginable!

Raeanne, thank you for doing the un-birthday list! I am so excited that I get to be your u-b fairy!!! And, I'd definitely love to do the questionnaire. It helped me so much when I participated one other time and Besh was my recipient.

I slept so badly last night - no idea why, so I slept in patches until late this morning. Now I'm having a hard time getting going. I want to color my hair today, but I'll wait until the storms pass so that I know I'll have lights and hot water when I do my hair.

BJ, I finally visited an IKEA store last fall. I was overwhelmed by all the merchandise and ideas. I didn't realize they sold countertops though. Just amazing. Good luck with your shopping.

Dee, it's probably good that the weather is keeping you at home. You don't want to drive when vertigo is in residence.

LOL @ Suzanne's reply about her safety measures! The mother instinct just kicked in when I was reading your post yesterday about the severe weather you were dealing with.

Raeanne, my DDIL couldn't have the custom lasik on her left eye because the numbers didn't match(?), so she had the standard on it. She said it really hurt, too, and we could hear her yelping twice from out in the lobby. I talked to her yesterday, and she said it still feels itchy or like it's scratched. The doctor assured her that it was normal. I hope she doesn't have trouble with it. And, I'm sorry that your DH did. It's very scary to consider having anything done to your eyes, and I admired anyone brave enough to do it.

I need to stop and fix myself something to eat then get busy on the house. I hope that everyone who's cold stays warm, everyone who's warm cools off, and everyone who's tempted stays strong today!

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

Raeanne, I meant to answer you about Rich's vertigo. I use BONINE. You can get it over-the-counter. The prescription name is AntiVert, but BONINE is the same thing. I start out with about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pill (chewable version), and take it about twice a day because it can cause drowsiness if you chew the entire tablet. (When I'm on the ship, I take a whole one at once the day I leave and just drink iced tea and diet colas with caffeine to stay up past 6pm!) Hope it helps him; I keep it in my purse at all times because it also works with my motion sickness in cars and buses.

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

Raeanne~ I've taken both the Antivert and the Bonine and Dee is right---it makes me SOOOOOOO tired. I honestly fell asleep ON THE TABLE one time on a Catalina crossing! (And, NO, Raeanne, I was NOT dancing on the table at the time!---so SHUT UP!) Seriously, if I take a full dose, it makes me feel like I cannot keep my eyes open.

Well my weight is slowly dropping off of the ole bod: to this point: 6.6 pounds since New Year's day. SLOW---but I'll take it. It's certainly better than gaining 6.6 pounds!!!!

Donna! YAY! My b-day buddy! I'm excited! Thanks for doing b-day buddies, Raeanne.

Well, I'm back from IKEA. I have to get 2 more estimates before making the BIG decision. IKEA really takes it out of me---so much STUFF!

But I'm off to work out with my trainer now, so I can wear a bikini on vacation and not have the Eskimo whaling teams come after me. Oh, well, even if they do, I feel like I can dodge the harpoons, so bring it on!

Yes, DeeMarie, I am still OFF the coffee! This is juice talkin'!

Enjoy the day!

• nhsuzanne
    16 years ago

Milkdud, I think it's sweet that you are having motherly concern for me! I do have some element of safety measure - if I don't show up at work my office has a network of people who can go check on me. This goes for the nice weather too when I go out riding at 5am. I have specific trails that I use then.
    It all works out and hopefully, I will never have to test the system.

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Suzanne - I figured you had a system - you have way too much respect for nature to just take it for granted. But isn't nice that everyone worries about you.

Dee/BJ - thanks for the vertigo info. I will pick some up next time I'm at the drugstore.

BJ - I'm not totally convinced that no dancing on the table took place! As always I am exhuasted just reading your posts.

Dee - I sent that survey to my NJ friend and she says I am more NJ than she is LOL.

Milkdud - I get those nights too and I find them very frustrating. Many times I justs get up and do something.

Here is a questionaire using mostly questions that Marci had used a while ago. If you can think of anything to add - please feel free.

1. Favorite Color:
    2. Favorite Scent:
    3. Favorite Artist:
    4. Favorite Type of Book:
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician:
    6. Favorite Scent:
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain:
    8. Any Hobbies:
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect:
    10. Decorating Style:
    11. Favorite Season:
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about:
    13. Bath or shower:
    14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course):
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you:

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

You know, I wouldn't have to come here & post so often if I didn't enjoy it so much. LOL

BJ~The 1st thing I thought when I read your post was "she was dancing on the table." I had to laugh when you called out Raeanne. tee hee Congrats on the weight loss.

NH Suzanne~We only say something coz we love ya. I'm so excited to have you as my b-day buddy!!

Raeanne~Thanks for taking the list on. I don't mind filling out a ?aire. I agree w/BJ that things change from time to time.

Milkdud~Congrats on the weight loss! I weighed today & was down 2.5#. I think that is within the past week. If not it is sooner, I can't remember exactly what day I got on the scales. (I still have another 73.5# to go from what I'd like to lose but I'm down 45.5 since the middle of Oct.)

DeeMarie~I'm glad that you are going to stay home in that weather. We are having some rain & in a tornado watch. The last couple of days have been nice since it has been a little cooler. We are talking about when to come up your way.

Thanks so much for the anniversary wishes. We had a relaxing day yesterday. We ate at Olive Garden today. Just had the soup, salad, & breadsticks w/mussels as an appetizer. I still managed to eat more than I should have. How does that happen? ROF literally! Ugh...

Hope everyone is staying safe & warm. Patti :)

• maddie_in_ky
    16 years ago

Hi goils!

Just wanted to say hi--I'm holed up in a hotel in Lexington (KY) for a goverment housing conference--I can not describe the utter joy! LOL!!! Well, that, and we got about 5" of snow last night.

I haven't caught up yet, so I'll do that when I get home tomorrow night--

Hugs,

Maddie

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

Raeanne~We were posting at the same time.

Maddie~So glad to hear from you.

1. Favorite Color: Blue
    2. Favorite Scent: Lilac
    3. Favorite Artist: Chuhuly (oops, I know I didn't spell that right)
    4. Favorite Type of Book: mystery
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: smooth jazz
    6. Favorite Scent: see #2
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Addicted To Scrapbooking; Joann.com; Eyelet Outlet
    8. Any Hobbies: Scrapbooking; Reading; Cross Stitch; Computer; One Stroke Painting
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: Dust Bunnies (ha, ha!); Dolphins; Books; Music; Dragonflies; Angels; (Dave says that I should say, "Anything I've Ever Owned!") LOL
    10. Decorating Style: a mixture
    11. Favorite Season: Spring
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: my ancestors
    13. Bath or shower: showers
    14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): both
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: she already knows that I'm wild & crazy about my DH & my Grandchildren (ask whatever else you want to know)

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

Patti: I love your answer to the collection question! Funny!

Here are my answers:

1. Favorite Color: Periwinkle, & cobalt blue and orange combinations. I also like light brown and deep cocoa combinations, -- and I like the color and texture of brick.

2. Favorite Scent: Donna Karan (Cashmere Mist), & vanilla or lemon anything! And I love Grey Flannel for men: awesome! (No my DH does not wear it.)

3. Favorite Artist: Edie Roberson --& I like looking at books by black & white photographers

4. Favorite Type of Book: complicated murder mysteries, Moroccan and East Indian decorating books

5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Acoustic guitar music, anything by Keiko Matsui, just about any smooth jazz music without words.

6. Favorite Scent: ARE YOU LISTENING????

(Stomps foot, heavy sigh, walks out of room...)

(Comes back in, finishes questionaire...)

7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Pier One Imports, Cost Plus Imports, IKEA, or just about any hardware store.

8. Any Hobbies: Nope.

9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: I purchase cards to send to people--something that reminds me of them. Sometimes, if I get behind in mailing them, they grow into quite a collection! Seriously, I collect Faces For Life masks.

10. Decorating Style: A little of everything in the public rooms (all masculine colors), but Moroccan and East Indian in the bedroom and my office.

11. Favorite Season: Summer

12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: Shadowboxing...and clutter control!

13. Bath or shower: Shower-hot then cold, preferrably right after a sauna

14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): No brainer--I love decaf coffee

15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: My partner knows too much about me already. But here's a little hint: I like to do something that rhymes with silver. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Faces For Life Website

• besh
    16 years ago

Hi all,

Remember me? Sorry I have not been around. I skimmed through and saw that some of you were looking for me. It is nice to be missed! :)

The last month has really been a whirlwind. I finished my old job with lots of mixed emotion and started my new job. I had 2 weeks of pretty intensive training off site and now I am full time onsite. I do have Wednesdays off which is pretty nice. This is my second Wed. off, but this week I have to go in at 1PM to cover for someone on vacation. I really am starting to like my new job, a little overwhelmed at times, but I am starting to feel much more comfortable. I am a Patient Service Rep for a large Ob/Gyn practice. I am learning all phases of this office which is more than I ever thought went on behind the scenes of a Dr. office. The people that I work with are great, there are about 30 in all. They have been very helpful and patient! It is also year round work, which I was looking for. Now that DS is driving and has his own wheels (Yikes) I can be much more flexible with my schedule, so it is good. I'm happy.

I have not really caught up to speed with what everyone is doing, but please know that I think of all of you often and promise to try and keep up from here forward!

My diet is going like this: Before ((O)) After ((O)) LOL That is my gut if anyone was wondering!

Hugs and kisses to all!

oxBesh

• marci_pa
    16 years ago

Another snow day and no school! This does not make me a happy camper. :~(

Yesterday I curled up with a good book and caught up on some paper work. Today I am making meatballs and sauce and pulling out a sewing project. These two snow days take away President's Day and Maundy Thursday as holidays. It is much nicer to have a day off when you can actually go somewhere, but since there isn't anything I can do about it, I have to make the most of it.

Besh - Good to hear that you like your new job. I often wondered where I would have ended up if I hadn't stayed at the preschool. I am not an "office" person, and I hated retail, which was actully my major. I may have to find a new career when I retire from preschool in 4 years.

Raeanne - You are doing a fine fine job with the un-birthday tasks. Thanks for taking over for me.

Patti - Howdy partner! LOL I already have some ideas for your un-birthday surprises.

BJ - Have a great time on your vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it. Your adventurous spirit always amazes me.

1. Favorite Color: blue/green
    2. Favorite Scent: vanilla
    3. Favorite Artist: ansel adams
    4. Favorite Type of Book: a good one! LOL I read all types of genres except for romance and science fiction.
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: been listening to indie music lately, Iron and Wine and The Shins.
    6. Favorite Scent: still vanilla
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Amazon.com
    8. Any Hobbies: reading, quilting, and scrapbooking.
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: I have been trying to get rid of clutter lately, but I still love unusual Santas or snowmen for my tree.
    10. Decorating Style: Eclectic with a hint of traditional.
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: Italy
    13. Bath or shower: Shower
    14. Coffee or Tea: Mostly coffee, some herbal tea
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: I am easy to please and like simple things that reflect the giver's personality.

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

I always love reading the answers to the questions. I have kept them past ones too. Therefore, part of Dave's answer to #9. LOL

BJ~Yes, I do have to give a silly answer somewhere, it is my nature. (I've started getting back to being more myself lately.)

Besh~I'm thrilled that you posted. I'm excited about your job. Perhaps you will be able to share more with us later.

Marci~So sorry that you are having to use your snow days that way. I was excited that you had my name too. It is fun seeing what we have in common. I knew that we had things in common but we have more in common than I realized.

Can't wait to see everyone else's posts. Lots of fun here. Whenicit, Lynn, & others that aren't in the unbirthday exchange--please drop by & fill out the questionnaire anyway. It helps us to get to know you better. :) Patti

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, so I am dealing with a bunch of commedians here. Make one little mistake and they gotta have some laughs ROFLMAO - I would love to say I put Favorite Scent in there twice to make sure you were paying attention - but I cannot tell a lie. As you can see I am cracking under the pressure of filling Marci's big shoes (and no that isn't a clown joke).

1. Favorite Color: coral/greens to wear - blue/yellow combo for decorating.
    2. Favorite Scent: pure lavendar
    3. Favorite Artist: my art teacher Tom Vincent
    4. Favorite Type of Book: I enjoy novels, biographies, self-help, spirtual.
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Classic and new rock, but I also listen to standards and clasical music.
    6. Favorite Scent: NO COMMENT
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Amazon.com
    8. Any Hobbies: Painting, photography, kayaking, boating, wine tasting (but I didn't have to tell you that, did I?)
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: I really don't collect anything except unusual rocks and gemstones in their natural state.
    10. Decorating Style: Eclectic
    11. Favorite Season: I love summer, but I work too hard that time of year. Spring is giving me hope for warmer days, but the lake is too cold to go swimming in. Fall makes me very nostalgic, but I love the colors and the fact there are still nice days before winter - is that an answer?
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: To learn more Spanish, to travel to Italy, play golf, learn more art history
    14. Coffee or Tea: Neither - hot cocoa would be my choice if it were legal for me.
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: I love nature and wildlife, enjoy small gatherings with good friends rather than big gala events, long walks on the beach, watching the sunset -oooooh I think I got sidetracked, this isn't match.com is it?

Okay BJ - I give since nothing rhymes with silver!!! More hints needed here. Just like I like to do something that rhymes with orange hahahaha. If I don't "talk" to you before you leave, have a wonderful trip - I can't wait to hear about all your adventures. That's a good weight loss and you go for that bikini, girl.

Maddie - sorry about the conference and the weather. Glad you posted though.

Lynn - I tried emailing you twice and not sure you got them. Let me know.

Whenicit - have you gotten the motivation you were looking for?

Besh - great to hear the job is working out for you. I had a good feeling about it.

Patti - love your answers too and congrat on your weight loss! Does Dave still cook his wonderful meals for you?

Milkdud - I don't think I congratulated you on your loss - WTG.

Suzanne - how is the weather by you. We got another 4 or 5 inches and freezing rain all morning. YUCK - I am sick of winter this year.

Dee - it looked like bad weather down by you yesterday and today.

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

Okay, okay. Raeanne~now that we are "clowning around" & you told about the snow, I have to tell you about the funniest clips that we saw on tv the other night. Dave's favorite show is Jeopardy. Alex was asking someone about praying that it snowed for her wedding. She answered, "Yes, I it was cloudy & was supposed to snow & I prayed for it to snow the day of my wedding but it didn't. However, I got 8" on my honeymoon!" They all laughed, said toooooo much info & went on. ROFL That's my story & I'm sticking to it. :)

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

Raeanne--I'd say it also rhymes with purple, but then you'd probably make some crack about Steve Urkel...! Not exactly a rhyme, but close enough for government work.

AND you're stuck with me for one more day. I don't leave until midnight on the 14th! I got DH 2 Seal in Concert DVDs for V-day and a funny card.

Between Patti's game show jokes and your romantic walks at sunset on the beach, this place sounds RIPE for Valentine's Day tomorrow!

BESH!!!!!!!!! Good to "see" you again!!!!!!!! Your job sounds challenging but fun! The days must be a blur!

Well, I gotta get crackin' on packin'! Hmmmm, now to appease TSA....but still have everything I need in a foreign country...

:-)

P.S.: John, I was going to take you with me, but since you've been a bad boy and haven't checked in, you'll have to wait until next time. (spank-spank)

• marci_pa
    16 years ago

Ok - i went to a rhyming dictionary and there are no words that rhyme with silver or purple. But in the list of words that end in "ver", I found this gem: hemidemisemiquaver
    Try saying that 5 times with your eyes closed without giggling. lol

My favorite word that ended in "ple" was: subdecuple
    It sounds highly suggestive to me! lol

BJ - you had better "splain" yourself before you take off for the wilds of South America (or Central - I forget where you are going). Who knows what unexplainable things we might be forced to come up with while you are gone.

Can you tell I have cabin fever!

• milkdud_2007
    16 years ago

Good afternoon! I've been on the road all day picking up little knicknacks and paddywacks to continue decorating my house. I found bargains everywhere I turned. It was definitely blessed shopping! LOL

Maddie, it was nice seeing you peeking in. Come back and update us!

Besh, that's great that you're liking your new job. Nothing worse than going to work miserable.

Patti, in case you're wondering, I've been having the best week, both WW-wise and otherwise. I guess having this coming weekend to look forward to is keeping me happy.

Marci, sorry you'll be using your snow days now. Be happy that you had a good book to curl up with though!

BJ, since I've been posting pretty regularly, can I take John's place on your trip? ;)

Okay, where's Suzanne? Somebody come help me pull on that tether and drag her back into this room. LOL

I'm really enjoying the answers everyone's giving to the questionnaire. I hope mine's not too boring.

1. Favorite Color: Red (and celery green)

2. Favorite Scent: Vanilla or apple

3. Favorite Artist: Warren Kimble (primitive artist)

4. Favorite Type of Book: humorous mysteries

5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Cross-country (not the old timey kind)

6. Favorite Scent: Hmmmmmm! Let me think. ;)

7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Amazon online or Kohl's locally

8. Any Hobbies: Scrapbooking my granddaughters' lives and son's and DDIL's wedding

9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: Since moving here, I've startd collecting rustic country/primitive knicknacks.

10. Decorating Style: rustic country/primtive

11. Favorite Season: Fall

12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: learn more Spanish and how to post pictures online (I'm very challenged with the internet!)

13. Bath or shower: Shower - always

14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): Love coffee/love flavored, but unsweetened, teas

15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: I love seeing what others think is a good "fit" for me! That's much more fun than dictating what I'd ever want.

Whew! That took some thought. I need to start removing price tags and decorate this house a little more. My oldest Dson and his bride are coming here for the long weekend. I'm so excited as it's been 3 months since I last saw them. I love my new DDIL, so it's always a pleasure to be with them. And, my youngest Dson and his family will be coming over to spend time with us, too. Yea!

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marci - I am sure I couldn't say hemidemisemiquaver once without looking LOL. I now have to go and find out what it means. Subdecuple should not be allowed on this family friendly forum!

Patti - We saw that on TV and couldn't stop laughing. She looked so innocent.

BJ - what is up with unrhyming colors - I bet it would be hard to come up with one for turquoise too.

Milkdud - I am so happy for you that your DS and DDIL will be coming for a long weekend.

I bit off much more than I could chew when I decided to sort through a big plastic bin of old photos. Now I have them divided in smaller containers waiting to go into storage boxes and albums. I have a huge amount with no dates and I am trying to piece them together. I also found more photos in another bin that I have to merge - what was I thinking?

• donna_southnj
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Craziness as usual but we're not going there! I have lots to catch up on but will fill out the questionnaire. BJ - glad you are my un-birthday buddy - it will be interesting! Dee, glad it's un-birthday cause yours is just days away!!
    I will have to catch up and post later.

1. Favorite Color: Red but also partial to blue

2. Favorite Scent: Lilac and vanilla

3. Favorite Artist: I have to think about that one

4. Favorite Type of Book: Mysteries, particularly if they take place in an English village - no idea why but I just love those

5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Just about anything but jazz and rap....favorite musician is Eric Clapton

6. Favorite Scent: Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Coldwater Creek, Target and amazon.com

8. Any Hobbies: Not really

9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: I collect Willow Tree angels.

10. Decorating Style: Very eclectic, very comfortable and very casual

11. Favorite Season: Summer and Fall

12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: I would love to travel more.

14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): Coffee absolutely

15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: I am really easy to please and like just about everything!

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

VERY good, Marci! Sorry about the snow days. We have a snow day to make up already here.

TURQUOISE:

alloys
    annoys
    bellboys
    boys
    buoys
    busboys
    convoys
    cowboys
    decoys
    deploys
    destroys
    doughboys
    employs
    enjoys
    envoys
    highboys
    houseboys
    joys
    killjoys
    lowboys
    newsboys
    noise
    pageboys
    playboys
    ploys
    poise
    schoolboys
    tomboys
    toys
    viceroys

Neener--neener--neener!

Hey, Donna, thanks for doing the questionaire for me! Email me your snail mail address, okay?

Raeanne: Why'd you open those boxes of photos? Sounds like a hornet's nest to me!

Milkdud- Sticky tags come off FAST with blast from a hairdryer. Just aim the hairdryer at the thing for a few seconds and zip! -- of the tag comes. WD-40 works like a charm too.

Well, I gotta get back to packin'!

• marci_pa
    16 years ago
  • aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay BJ you win! I was going for a two syllable rhyme LOL.

• nhsuzanne
    16 years ago

Happy Valentines Day all,

I am trying to recover from yesterday's horrific storm! We have had 24 hours of pure hell. Tuesday night we had about 11" of snow and then another 4" of sleet through the morning yesterday then a change to pouring, driving rain all day until last night. The roads are flooded and driving was treacherous.... Try to picture all that water on top of all that snow........a virtual nightmare. I left my office early to get a jump on clean up. I got home at four and did not get back into the house until 7! My barn doors were frozen shut, the rain flowed over the ice into the front of the barn, one stall was flooded, the back doors to the barn were frozen shut, the snow came off the roof trapping my donkeys in their stalls, I can go on and on but I won't. Overnight all the slush has frozen and it's like cement now.................arghhhhhhhhh I am SO ready for winter to end. On a bright note, the sky is crystal clear blue and the ice on the trees is glittering. There is no place left to push snow so I have to hire a loader and dump truck to haul some away. We have now exceeded 80" of snow this winter!! Whew!! I don't feel better! LOL

I am enjoying everyone's answers and I will get to mine soon.

Milkdud, I can help you with posting pictures. It's really easy and I will send directions that someone else posted a long tie ago at another forum when I get home tonight as I don't have the link at my office. I will help you so try it and ask. If you know how to upload a photo you will be able to do this. You need to have a on-line place that let's you upload your photos - I use photobucket.com and it's free. You have to register and then you can upload your photos to an album. If you can get to that part the rest is easy. I will send instructions tonight.

Okay, who has had chocolate today????

• milkdud_2007
    16 years ago

Happy Valentine's day to you, too, Marci! And to all my friends here.

I've already eaten a nice healthy WW breakfast, then I'm heading out in a few minutes to get my hair highlighted, then I have to grocery shop. Since I had such good fortune yesterday with my decorating shopping, I thought I'd unload the groceries, then head out to the big city of Humble and try Kohl's, Marshall's, BB&B, SuperTarget, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's. It's funny how having company coming really inspires my creativity.

I hope everyone has a sweet Valentine's day, without the sweets, of course! LOL

• jen823
    16 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had an ice storm Monday nite, so today, I finally made it in for a full day. My drive was nice and slick!

Here goes:

1. Favorite Color: brown and pink, or Black in clothes
    2. Favorite Scent: VS Heavenly
    3. Favorite Artist: Erica Michels
    4. Favorite Type of Book: Danielle Steele
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Brad Paisley & Toby Keith
    6. Favorite Scent: Men's POLO Cologne (which my dh refuses to wear)
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Amazon
    8. Any Hobbies: Scrapbooking & The Firm DVD's
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: The Firm Execise DVD's (LOL) At least I do try to do them!
    10. Decorating Style: NEED HELP!!!!
    11. Favorite Season: Christmas & Easter
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: Gourmet Cooking! Though no one in my house would eat it.
    14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): Coffee
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: I am easy going and like to have fun.

Have a great day.

Jen

• Wild_Chicken
    16 years ago

Jen: #3-Erica Michels :-) How sweet!

NHSuzanne: Even when you paint a DISASTER in words, you make it so VISUAL! lol! I hope the thaw happens gradually so you guys don't have flooding. We're having a no rain day here, which is WAY out of the ordinary.

I have 2 paint contractors coming today to give me estimates, I gotta get my hairs trimmed and thinned, and go buy another suitcase, plus picking up dry cleaning and other last-minute errands.

This will be the lst you see of me for 12 days, so HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, everyone!

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day! DH surprised me early this morning with a wonderful mushy card that left me misty-eyed. Tonight we have reservations for dinner nearby. I made a nice card on the computer during yesterday's ice storm and put it in his lunch this morning! Hope you all have a great V-Day!!!

WARNING: The life and times of DeeMarie follows!!!!!

1. Favorite Color: Blue
    2. Favorite Scent: Calvin Klein Eternity
    3. Favorite Artist: Michel Delacroix
    4. Favorite Type of Book: humorous mystery (Evanovich, Mott Davidson)
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Love listening to different artists rendition of Christmas. Like most everything except Country (but I like Carrie Underwood)
    6. Favorite Scent: department of redundancy department? Haha Also like Bath & Body WorksÂVanilla Sugar
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Lord & Taylor, Amazon, Overstock.com
    8. Any Hobbies: Other than cruising, I donÂt have hobbies anymore but should get interested in something before I retire in 5-7 years!
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: DH is the collector in the family. I love angel Christmas ornaments, and I get a unique ornament every time I visit somewhere.
    10. Decorating Style: wow, thatÂs toughÂvery very different throughout the house as I have no style of my own! LOL!Â.Living room is traditional with fireplace, dark navy, a bit of cranberry, dark greens. Dining Room is French country (I think---DH owned it before we were married) with cranberry walls and white trim. Family room has medium oak furniture with floral comfy chairs and a wood-burning stoveÂchairs covered in sage green w/ cranberry and muted blues; cranberry rug. Master bedroom cool sky blue with white trim and medium oak furniture. Main bath is currently old, muted greens (hate it..gonna redo and change it to all white subway tiles); Master bath is Victorian black and white and chrome (love it!). Home office walls and rug lemon yellow with curtains of lemon yellow/snippets of slate blue/ivy green (rolltop desk, bookcase, files all in medium oak); Guest bedroom is next door to office and is slate blue with snippets of ivy green/yellow. Kitchen is neutral beige with handpainted backsplash tiles painted by original owner (from National Geographic Covers) of birds and flowers. Old fashioned, but I like it. Cabinets are darker wood with corner stained glass fronts and extremely unique handles that DH picked out years ago (glass round handles filled with different seeds and grains). Very 70Âs but he loves themÂ.I let him have his way with some rooms!
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: updated jazzersize in a safe environment (like my home!) always loved dancing to it in the 80Âs and 90Âs. I would also like to take a primer on Opera someday, drama queen that I am.
    13. Bath or shower: Bubble Bath, when I have the time, followed by warm shower
    14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): eitherÂlove flavored coffees, chai tea,
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: Well, to most who know me for many years, I tend to overreact sometimes (drama queen) and my ability to handle stress is at a much lower level than most. I need to practice relaxation techniques more than I do now. Bubble baths and books (thanks Raeanne!) tend to help me with that.

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day!

NH Suzanne~I'm so sorry that the weather is giving such a hard time.

Milkdud~It sounds like you are having the time of your life.

Marci~Thanks for the gif.

BJ~Have a great vac-cay! I know that you will.

Jen~So glad that you posted.

DeeMarie~We made cards for each other too. It meant so much to me this year. :)

Raeanne~Now you are ready to scrapbook, right?

Donna~I'm thrilled that you were able to take time to post. Please come back when you can. Let us be your safe place.

Hi to everyone else! John~BJ has even threatened you. What is it going to take to get you out? LOL It's Valentine's for Pete's sake. Come out, come out wherever you are... Have a great day everyone. Patti :)

• nhsuzanne
    16 years ago

Good afternoon all,

The beautiful sunshine is lifting my mood but I wish it were strong enough to melt some of this mess! I will be contented with the beauty of seeing the sun after such a long respite.

Jen, I am excited to have you as my un-birthday partner! You made me laugh with your favorite seasons being Christmas and Easter! I guess some people really do think these dates are seasons!!! LOL

BJ, bon voyage and have a safe trip!

Patti, now I am worrying endlessly about the poor animals in the woods. Deep snow is bad enough but this ice makes it impossible for them to move well and to forage. I know Raeanne is empathetic to this dilemma too.

1.Favorite Color: Favorite Scent: I love all colors but I am partial to blues & purples. My home is decorated in blues and yellow. The colors of Provence.

2.Favorite Artist: Too many to list but am very fond of Rosa Bonheur and the sculptures and work of Michelangelo. Equine artist Leslie Hudson Tolles

3.Favorite Type of Book: Novels based on facts and history and biographies

4.Favorite Type of Music/Musician: I am hopelessly stuck in the 70s & 80s rock world but a new favorite is Josh Radin.

5.Favorite Scent: Freshly cut lilacs peonies or lavender. The smell of my horses breath and mane so sweet and unique.

6.Favorite Store online or national chain: I still love Home Goods and Talbots

7.Any Hobbies: Lots and lots of hobbiesHORSES, carriage driving, chickens, cooking, HORSES some crafting and have tried my hand at scrap booking and HORSES.

8.Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: I have made a concerted effort over the last couple of years to not collect things but I have a few favorite things such as French mustard pots, unusual egg cups and Equine art.

9.Decorating Style: Eclectic leaning towards Rustic Provence
    10.Favorite Season: Spring I love natures renaissance unfold before my very eyes each year.and I hope its coming soon!

11.Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: I want to start a vegetable garden this year. I am learning how to become more sustainable and less dependent on fossil fuel by attempting to eat things that are locally grown and produced. We would eventually like to be able to sustain ourselves significantly off of our land. There is a lot to know and a lot to learn. We want to be better citizens of mother Earth and are ready to start making some major changes. Every little bit counts.

12.Bath or shower: Definitely bath when I allow myself the time to enjoy one!

13.Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): Tea. Organic & free trade only!

14.Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you: I have written volumes here about my life on the farmI cant believe I cant tell you something that you dont know about me but I am thinking hard. I am an animal lover and have a great love for the outdoors and nature. I hate snow this year!! There, something new! LOL

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

TGIF!!!

Suzanne, you are too funny!

Just about ready to leave for another OB/GYN appointment. He wants a biopsy, so would appreciate some special thoughts for me today. I'm not expecting bad news; we just need to rule out one or two things.

I just re-read my answers, and I appear to have the most boring life of all of us here! I did order 2 books from that Peter Walsh so that I can de-clutter my closets. My house always looks neat, but don't open up half of the closets here!....and I have not been in the garage since 2004....it's all DH's junk in there. LOL!

QOD: What's up this weekend? We have no plans except maybe dinner with friends tomorrow night. DH has some work to finish tomorrow, and I'm going to go through our files for the trip to the accountant on the 26th. Maybe I'll get the office closet cleaned out by building a fire (lots of cartons of old paperwork, ripe for heating the family room!!!)

Make today count!

Have fun BJ!!

DeeMarie

• aka_raeanne
    Original Author
    16 years ago

(((((((Dee)))))))) sending prayers, postive thoughts and lots of love your way. I am glad you have a positive outlook and also glad that you take good care of yourself. How could your life be boring with all that cruising around you do???

Jen - I love that Erica is your favorite artist too!

Milkdud - did you come across any good finds at the stores? When does your DS arrive?

Donna - I'm sorry that your life is still hectic - I hope things settle for you soon.

QOD - we went out for dinner with 2 other couples last night, we have nothing planned tonight and tomorrow are plans are a bit up in the air. I plan on cleaning my house Sunday - this photo project put everything else on the back burner and it shows.

love and warmth to all

• jen823
    16 years ago

Good Morning!

Suzanne, I don't know what I was thinking, I thought it said Holiday! I need to learn to read! Anyways, Fall & Spring are my favorite seasons!!! Duh...Ya know where my head is.

Deemarie, I am thinking and praying positive thoughts today. You are probably the Least boring person among us all!

Gotta rung! Have a great day!

Jen

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

DeeMarie~[[[[ H U G S ]]]] Prayers being sent your way!

QOD~We want to go celebrate our anniversary & Valentine's Day but we were thinking that this would be a hectic weekend being the weekend after Valentine's & the Daytona 500 is this weekend too. So, we are thinking we'll wait until after the weekend & go.

Dave's DM had a masectomy yesterday. His aunt had infected tissue in her bre@st removed on Wednesday. (The aunt in CT.) Both are doing well as far as we have heard. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend.

BJ~I hope that you remembered some suntan lotion!!!

Patti :)

• milkdud_2007
    16 years ago

Good morning! It's overcast and 64 here this morning. Today's the day I treat the granite, so the kitchen windows will be open while I go grocery-shopping. The stuff stinks to high heavens!

Raeanne, my oldest Dson and DDIL are coming in very late tonight. They'll be driving down from Dallas, and she can't get off early. I'll probably take a nap this evening while waiting up for them! Youngest Dson and his family are coming over tomorrow to spend the long weekend with all of us. His new job now gives him weekends and holidays off! Two full days with my kids: I'm so excited!

QOD: I'll be hanging out with my sons and their families, doing whatever we find to do. It only matters that we're together, for me. I know that we'll eat out some, a challenge I'll be prepared for with my WW "dining-out" book, and my kids love my kitchen and are all such good cooks, so they want to get in there and cook some, too. I'll get lots of time with the granddaughters, too.

Dee, I hope the biopsy goes well. It's awful having things hang over you like that.

Jen, holidays make some of the seasons, so I don't blame you for posting your favorites!

Patti, I was so tired from my unsuccessful shopping yesterday that I didn't mind not going out to dinner last night. We don't have but 4 little restaurants around here, and they'd all have been crowded. I'm going to clean house today and have H take me out for dinner tonight instead.

Suzanne, stay warm! I'd gladly split the difference in our temperatures with you right now!

Got to get busy with my counter treatment then shopping. I hope everyone has a good day! I'll probably peek in this weekend to get my SS-board fix. LOL

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

My cousin just sent this to me, and all of you came to mind when I decided to share it!

One Flaw In Women

Women have strengths that amaze men.
    They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy.
    They smile when they want to scream.
    They sing when they want to cry.
    They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
    They fight for what they believe in.
    They stand up to injustice.
    They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.
    They go without so their family can have.
    They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
    They love unconditionally
    They cry when their children excel
    and cheer when their friends get awards.
    They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.
    Their hearts break when a friend dies.
    They grieve at the loss of a family member,
    yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
    They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
    Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
    They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
    to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
    They bring joy, hope and love.
    They have the compassion and ideas.
    They give moral support to their family and friends.
    Women have vital things to say and everything to give.
    However, if there is one flaw in women, it is that they forget their worth

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

Dee~That is very nice.

Milkdud~I know that you & family will have a great weekend. Hope that the weather behaves for you. My DM said that it was very cold. She called on her way to Dallas this a.m.

Does anyone remember this meal? We are having chicken breasts prepared in pork rinds and mashed cauliflower. We haven't had it in a long time. I was telling Dave that I was hungry for it & he thought that it sounded pretty good too. So, we bought the ingredients & that is what he is preparing tonight. Yummers! There is a scrapbook place in Tampa that is having a garage sale tomorrow. We might drive over there depending on how good I feel. Have a great weekend. Patti :)

• besh
    16 years ago

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a long busy week. I am enjoying a glass of wine while I write this!

Dee, thinking of you. All of that stuff is my specialty now! I know more about it than I ever dreamed possible. I hope things work out ok.

BJ, have a great trip.

I thought I would do this questionaire even though I opted out of the unbirthday exchange this year.

1. Favorite Color: red, black, orange, yellow
    2. Favorite Scent: VS Heavenly (me too Jen!) I also love the smell of Oil of Olay Anti Aging Body lotion
    3. Favorite Artist: Amy, don't really know any other artists
    4. Favorite Type of Book: Jodi Picoult
    5. Favorite Type of Music/Musician: Jimmy Buffett, Fergie, I love the soundtrack to the movie The Bodyguard
    6. Favorite Scent: Men's Obsession
    7. Favorite Store online or national chain: Target
    8. Any Hobbies: Decorating, fishing, reading
    9. Are you a collector, if so what do you collect: Unusual Santas; I am unloading my Barbie collection, I don't know what I was thinking!
    10. Decorating Style: Fun, comfortable, no particular style; DH & I just bought an outside lamp post to rewire and use in our living room!
    11. Favorite Season: Christmas , summer, fall
    12. Name something you have always wanted to do or learn more about: photography
    14. Coffee or Tea (decaf of course): Ice Coffee
    15. Tell us something that your partner may want to know about you:

Got to go get ready to watch What not to wear! I love Friday nights.

I also bought the clutter books from the guy on Oprah. Very interesting. I just started the does this clutter make my butt look big, and I am thinking it does!

Enjoy the weekend.

oxBesh

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

Happy Saturday!

Besh, it was so good to see you post. Glad you are enjoying this new job and wishing you the best!

Today I'm still a bit sore but doing better. Thanks for all the support.

MIL asked us over for dinner tonight, so I don't have much time. The way she cooks it's a bit difficult to stay on target with eating, but she does not eat sweets during Lent, so she told me for dessert we are going to share the Edible 'floral' arrangement she got for Valentine's Day from SIL (all fruit...yummy!) DH and I just had a glass of low sodium V-8 so I least get my veggies. (MIL is notorioius for meat, meat, meat, potatoes, noodles, bread, etc. meals) lol!

Hope you all are warm and enjoying the weekend.

TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHFULLY AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• yankandtex
    16 years ago

Just checking in on this Saturday night. Another Saturday night & I ain't got no money...Remember that? LOL

Dave made the chicken & cauliflower & it was even better than I remembered. Yum! I finished another scrapbook. Pictures are cranking out of this little apartment. Ha! Hope everyone is enjoying themselves. Patti :)

• nhsuzanne
    16 years ago

I promised to post this link with instructions on how to post photos to the forum. It's really easy but you may have to try a few times. I will help.

Sponsored