Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support - Mon. 2/14 thru 2/20

Posted by Marci_PA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 05 at 8:20

Just a quick hello and a Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 2/14 thru 2/20

Happy Valentines Day Everyone
Have been missing in action - down 12 lbs.
DD announced she is getting married on September 18th and it has been a whirlwind just getting a venue booked for this year.

Haven't checked the posts - but I will later today and try and get caught up on everything.
Fill me in if I've missed something HUGE in the last three weeks.
Thanks and have a wonderful day.
Joanne

o

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

QOD: What's up for Valentine's Day/Evening?

I'm working, DH is home recuperating. Today at 4pm he will come with me to dentist appointment (does the fun ever end?). Depending upon how I feel after they fix this crown, we may go out for dinner. The only good part about the dentist is that I get the laughing gas.....my very favorite drug of choice!!!! LOL!!

o

Hi goils!

It's 4am here, and I can not sleep--ugh!

Valentine's Day was fun--Rog said his gift is in the mail, so I got a nice card, and spent a lovely evening with a curled up, purring hairball, watching the Westminster Dog Show. Maybe I should buy a lottery tix or something. b/c I picked 3 of the 4 group winners. (I dozed off during the Terrier Group, so missed that one!) (Which would explain why I'm up now!)

Dee--hugs to DH--I hope he gets to feeling better, soon!

KYSusie--remember the lady that we saw at the convention center? She's speaking that the Southern Indiana Chamber of Commerce Woman Business Owner's expo in March. The Courier-Journal had a really great article about her, too.

Things are about the same here. I'm trying to get back on track with my eating and working out, but I am just so mentally tired. Mom wanted me to read dad's medical reports from the hospital, and that was a vast mistake! I wish I had never seen them.

Ah, me, life goes on-- and where is everyone? KYSusieQ?? Tikanas? Lynn? Amy? Patti? (Ahem...) BJ????? I feel like I'm so far out of the loop with reading the posts.

So, what's up with French Lick? I know some plans have changed, but are we still on ?

hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Hi everyone. Marcie, I see you are still at it with the cool and uplifting gifs. Nice to see.

Maddie, it seems like everytime I come here, you've mentioned my name. Thanks for thinking of me.

I got some cards over the holidays that I didn't acknowledge, so I apologize for that. I always love getting them, but it's been hard for me to get things together and reciprocate.

I haven't been feeling well, and maybe I'll come back later and tell you more about it. I have good plans, but feel kind of discouraged. I've started the guaifenesin treatment for fibromyalgia. Patti, if you've ever tried it, let me know how it went.

I see people are talking about spring. We've had quite a rainy winter here. It rained (part of) every day for about three weeks. One sign of spring here is that the mango trees bloom. Soon the rainbow shower trees will bloom and stay in bloom until October.

I'll come back later and try to share more about what's going on with me. I'm not sure if I sound more formal, but if I do, it's because of not feeling well.

A special thanks to BJ for helping me get my membership renewed after I let it lapse. It's nice to see so many familiar friends.

Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower Tree In Bloom

o

HI ladybugs

hi Amy- glad to see a message from you.

Maddie- yes- it was a great article about Linda Toupin. I was on retreat with her in Carrolton 2 weeks ago.

Well, last week after the flu, and virus's the family had,I got it- I was in bed from thrusday to sunday.

I begged Dh to take me out last night- his guilt over not getting me a Christmas present( because it snowed 26 inches on Dec. 23rd)served me well.

I did watch oprah's bootcamp yesterday though- I taped it. It was very interesting. I'm going to push myself for 4 weeks to see what kind of results I get.

Take to ya later, Hi to all I missed!

Kysusie

o

Hi Guys~

Well, I have to read and catch up.

I was waiting for my thathomesite rental fee to get posted so I could join in again.

Amy, the tree is gorgeous. I love Hawaii!!!!!

Maddie~ Loved the peeps you sent for V-Day! I laughed SO hard when I got them! Smoochie!

More later!

o

Hello - how is everyone... the ones with the flu, please feel better......
DeeMarie - How is your ankle? How is your DH?
Raeanne - hope you had a wonderful vacation.
BJ - howdy.....glad your back.
Amylynne - hope you are better......that pic of the blooming tree is now on my background on my computer at work. Thank you.

Not much new here... parents are here and DH and I are enjoying their company. They will be here for about 6 - 8 weeks.

Take care...

o

checking in........

Went with DH to the surgeon today; he had the port taken out of his back. He'll be back in surgery mid-March for the left side once surgeon is convinced that the right kidney is completely healed.

I've got my good days and bad ones, but I'm grateful to be on the mend. Next week, I see my physician again, with a followup chest x-ray after that.

Hope everyone is gearing up for spring!!!

BJ & Amy - good to see you.

Love to all!
Dee

o

Good THURSDAY Morning!

Guess What? The UPS truck drove up our street last evening and presented DH with a package addressed to me from Gretchen.............cannot wait to open it tomorrow. YIPPEEE!!!!

o

wow, Dee that sounds like fun!

o
The Present

Why, YES, it will be fun...looking forward to sharing the secrets of what's in that box with the rest of you.

o
Surprise!!!!

Well, I'll be sure to look in tomorrow!

Nice speakin' with ya!

o

HAHAHAHA DeeMarie! Glad it got there in time. I hope you enjoy everything...and Raeanne said- remember I have you all year!

o

DeeMarie

o

Morning ladybugs

Happy Birthday Dee! How does your garden grow?
I remember getting you gardening for dummies one year- its so fun to play gift exchange. Tell us all about your goodies.

I'm so glad its friday. I had a bad day at work yesterday- I think I've decided until I become a MK Sales Director every day will be a bad day at work because its not what I want to do anymore.

Going birthday shopping for my DS tonight- he turned 7 this week- party is tomorrow- he is making his own cake with DH tomorrow- strawberry with white icing and mini MM's on top.

I hope everyone has some sunshine this weekend- Raeanne can't wait to see some vacation pictures.

BJ- whats up with you? School, kids, Dh and life must have you very busy.

QOD: If you use hair color( for whatever reason) what brand and color is it?
I need to cover some gray and freshen up my color this weekend-last time I tried a highlightening one- and it worked fairly well, can't remember the brand though.

HUGS to all that need them- Kysusie

o

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to my good friend Dee Marieeeee,
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Love ya,

Besh

o

Happy Birthday DeeMarie!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Gretchen

o

Happy Birthday DeeMarie. I wish you a happy and healthy year with many more to come! Hope you spoil yourself today.

o

DEEMARIE!

YAY! It's your birthday!

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Thanks or being so motivational for all of us! I joined Weight Watchers again because of your excitement over it! I have lost about 8 pounds so far! I hope I can KEEP IT OFF!

Here's to you and yours on this special day. Hope all your wishes come true and you SHARE what's inside that box from Gretchen SOON!

LOVE YOU! ~BJ

o

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. I really was in to celebrating my birthday this year (cause the older you get, the less you have to celebrate!). I made my famous crumb coffee cake for the gang at the office, and have managed to stay away from it! DH almost pulled off a huge crumb before I left this morning....just like a child! LOL

I tore into that box from Gretchen early this morning before I left for the office! I promise to share the detailed contents (Gretchen, you are tooooo much!), and send a picture to Marci before the day is over. There was lots of Weight Watchers goodies, and aroma bath stuff, and books to read on vacation.....so much fun and so generous!!!

DH is taking me to the movies this afternoon....think we'll see 'Sideways' or "The Aviator"....not sure.

KY Susie, my gardens grow much better and my hands are much softer thanks to the treats in your box 2 years ago!!!

BJ, good for you and good riddance to those 8 lbs!!!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here