Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going to buy Alli

Posted by stir_fryi (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 08 at 8:16

I can't believe I haven't read more about Alli on this forum. My DH asked me to buy this for him because he wants to "get serious" about losing 30-40lbs.

I am going to get it for him at Costco buy I am a little bit afraid. I don't think he has a very good knowledge of nutrition and fat content so I hope this does not back fire on him!

He really lacks willpower and he thinks this will really keep him in line with eating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going to buy Alli

Although this has worked for many people, I would encourage you to talk to someone face to face about the real side effects of this drug, if you have not done so. I took the pill back when it was perscribed by a MD and let me tell you that even though I followed a very low fat diet and stuck with a plan I could not deal with the side effects. Its not pretty and if you can get past that Im sure you will see great results. But be warned if you stray from your low fat diet (even slightly) you will be remined very quickly. I think the reason there is not alot of talk about this weight loss route is plain and simple. The side effects are not worth it, to me they are not. IMHO Good luck with your weight loss journey!

o

kellyleeann- you are so right. When this first came out as a prescription a friend of mine tried it- I will never forget what she had to say about it.."Yeah it works- you build up a fear of eating out of fear of messing your pants in public places."

Needless to say she didn't stay with it and I had no desire to try it.

o

I've used it, and it's as bad as reported above. It also doesn't help that much either. The risks just aren't worth it.

o

Well, not to worry. It is still sitting unopened since I bought it for DH. I guess he is all talk, no action.

o

Just another overly expensive and pretty much worthless diet gimmick. If you look at the studies, people who used this faithfully did not lose serious weight anyway. There is no magic bullet, much as we all wish...

o

A friend of mine went to some kind of weight guru who put her on the prescription strength Alli and an appetite suppressant. It seemed to give her the motivation to kick start a healthier lifestyle, but I haven't talked to her in a while, so I don't know how she's doing now.

I asked my doctor about it, because I have gained a good bit of weight, and he refused to prescribe it to me. He said that it is a temporary fix (with those nasty side effects) and that any weight loss was guaranteed to come back. Like Scarlett and my doctor said, there is no magic bullet.....darn it.

o

If you follow a low fat, healthy diet, you won't have any side effects...but if you do low fat and healthy, the pills are totally worthless because you don't need them. I bought one bottle...used everyone of them and never had one side effect but I never ever came anywhere close to over eating my fat allowance...I am always mindful of the fat because I have cholesterol issues...I feel like I just threw away all that money...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here