Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me get started, craving sugar!

Posted by hapyfrustrated (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 0:23

Last Novemeber I went on SB and lost 3 lbs the first week, I had lost 7 lbs the next two weeks. Something happened, uhhh lets see, mountains of stress??

I can't get back on SB, I am craving sugar, and I do eat it. I need to stop gaining, and I need to loose about 20lbs by the end of June.

I hope someone can help me, I dont know where to turn, or what plan of action to take.

I need some freinds here!

What does SS stand for? Thanks!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me get started, craving sugar!

Hi!

SS stands for Somersizing. The board started out for people who were following Suzanne Somer's way of eating, somewhat like South Beach, I understand. Many there have branched out to other WOE, but still post together because we're friends and supportive of one another.

Come join us and get much needed support!

o

I noticed that Milkdud already answered your ? about SS. I'm from that board too & would love for you to join us there. In the meantime let's talk about sugar. Do you think that you might be consuming some unknown sugars such as in bread, ketchup, salad dressings, etc. that might be triggering your craving for more sugar? That seemed to be my downfall. I think that I do fine as long as I avoid sugar all together for about 3 days. But, if I have it in some form or fashion then it triggers me wanting more. That has been my experience. Feel free to E-mail me if you want someone as a "buddy" or something. I know how difficult it can be to try to lose weight. Good luck!

o

Oh, I will take all the help I can get. I am a stress eater for sure! When I am on overload, tired, or whatever, I go to the pantry and start looking for things to eat. I do keep things for the grandkids to snack on, I try to get things I don't like, but hey, I like everything!!!

I just need to make myself get started, lots of things are weighing me down emotionally. I've had my home under remodel/new construction for over 8 months, my Mil is very ill, my Dad is in the hospital, I have the 2nd phase of my remodel waiting to get started. I also help with my grandkids, my income taxes have been put off being prepared for too long, and the longer I wait the harder it is going to be. I have IBS and that also makes it more difficult to follow a diet, I try to stay away from bread, don't eat fried foods or drink diet drinks, no coffee or tea.

I am ready to scream at myself, my waistline is filling out, and I can't stand tight clothes around my waist, the time is here! I have to make myself get out and walk in the morning. That would help with the stress levels also!!

Any encouragement will be so appreciated!!!! THanks!!!!!

o

Like we've said, come over to the SS thread and post. You'll get lots of encouragement and friendship there.

o

Hi - hugs to you! When I crave sugar I try to eat the opposite - like a pickle with lots of crunch. There's lots of support here to help you, I've just returned for my last phase of Weight Watchers. Are you eating properly? That's the first step to any weight loss. Also, are you taking a break just for yourself each and every day? You need to look after your mental health as much as your physical health! Do take up Milkdud's offer to join their board or any board - what ever you do keep posting when you can and keep reading the threads. The support here is phenomenal. And most of all - don't beat yourself up for being human. If you fall down, get back up and carry on. Don't dwell on bad days, off moments. Keep looking ahead and take care of yourself first and foremost.
Welcome,
McPeg

o

I can totally relate...I was craving sugar as well, until about 4 weeks ago. I started taking a wonderful multi-vitamin mineral supplement called Vitality Prenatal.

I started taking them because I noticed my little girls nails were starting to look ripplyshe was strictly breasted at the time, so I knew she was needing something that I wasn't giving her...I had some vitamins laying around...so I started taking them for her sake...I have never been a good vitamin taker, but after taking them for 2 and a half weeks my husband started noticing a difference in me...he was saying: boy you sure have a lot more energy and are keeping things up really well. :D I really was feeling well...and it was so nice for him to notice. I didn't have that afternoon drag...and my cravings were null and void...even during that time of the month...LOL My little girls nails by 4 weeks were back to normal...and I was losing weight...I have lost 17 lbs...in 7 weeks...and that is the only thing that I have changed in my diet...I am amazed...I was talking with a friend of mine, who is a nutritionalist...about what I have been experiencing..and she said my body must be getting the nutrition it needs, so it's not tricking my mind into thinking it needs something else. Plus....I have NEVER...been able to lose weight while nursing a baby...without it affecting my milk supply...and now I am...and can say that it isn't affecting my milk supply...just had to share!...I shared this on my blog too...couldn't keep it to myself. :D
Hayley

o

Hi again Hapyfrustrated. How are you doing today? Talk to use! We're here and with you every step of the way. What are you doing today?

o

how's it going?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here