Anyone use any otc diet pills that helped
curb your appetite without making you
jump out of your skin?

Maybe just to get me started....

Thanks for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diet Pills?

Texasone~ Sorry, I don't know of any magic pill for dieting. Most studies, and dieticians agree, that pills don't work in the long run.

As people age, their metabolism slows down, so it's more necessary to get moving to lose pounds.

Walking --and eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables has worked for me, but my weight loss is a slow process.

Sometimes, people eat out of pure boredom and then it becomes a habit. Your will power might now be gone; you might just have more time on your hands than you need. Try going to the local library and look at all the volunteer jobs in your community and choose one you like. Often our weight is tied to our self worth. Volunteering raises self worth and keeps one busy!

Additionally, visit your doc and have him check your thyroid levels. You might need something to keep your engine running a little hotter.

Good luck!

o

All you really lose with these is money.Yet people keep buying this stuff. It's wishful thinking.

o

texasone, I'm older than you (will be 58 in August) and I totally sympathize when you say your willpower is gone. It's easy to give up, I know I did, and it didn't help matters at all, I just got fatter and unhealthier. My wakeup call, which was way overdue, happened this past Monday at the doctor's office when I weighed in. I have been in such denial for the last 5 years or so, but the numbers on the scale were so high, they finally shocked me into the reality if I didn't do something different, I wouldn't have much longer here on earth. And I really don't want to leave here, just yet.

One of the first things to do is to get completely honest with yourself. Get on the scales. Then pull out a notebook and start a food journal, writing down what you ate and how much. You can even keep track online on some sites. It will amaze you, like it did me, how much I was stuffing my face. This practice really makes you keenly aware of every morsel, and it also makes you realize how you really aren't that hungry. There are several free websites that you can refer to for guidance. Also, try to exercise. Today I dug out all of my exercise stuff, and worked out for the first time in a long time for 30 minutes, and it was harder than I remembered, but felt good doing it.

Then join a forum or two. The ones here are great. No matter how awful you feel about yourself, you are not alone. There are a lot of us out here, fighting the same battles. Good luck to you.

o

Texasone, I don't do diet pills. I agree with Wodka about seeing your doctor. You are important and deserve to take care of yourself. Pills have been proven time and time again not to work...more often than not it's the diet on the sheet enclosed inside the pill package that works - not the pills. It's sensible eating - balanced meals, sometimes you need to break meals into 6 smaller meals rather than 3 large ones during the day. Each person is different. Keep talking to us no matter what you decide to do - we are here together helping each other along. Is there any one thing you can do for yourself today? Just one - have a fruit, veggie or walk around the block? That's all it takes to start - one small step. You have already begun this journey by simply deciding to talk to us.
Welcome!
McPeg

o

You will find what you need here:

http://sparkpeople.com

and it's free.

PS I lost 25 pounds using Alli and I have kept it off a year now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Appetite For Truth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here