Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WLS Support Group

Posted by Cuddlebones (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 25, 04 at 23:38

Hello!

Is there anyone out there that has had or is thinking of having WLS and would like some support?? If so let me know. We can talk about pretty much anything....type of surgery....recovery time....food....good recipes that work for you...life in general. I know that I always have questions.

Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone would be interested. Blessings to all.

~Cuddles~
RNY on 1/13/04
-20 lbs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WLS Support Group

Is WLS the same as gastric bypass surgery?
I haven't had any surgery as I don't need to lose much weight, but I do have 2 friends who have had the surgery and are doing fantastic! One of the friends I didn't meet till 5 or 6 months after her surgery and didn't know what she looked like before. One day we were at a picnic and just sitting around talking. So I ask her if she had any "before" pictures. She said she always carrys her photo album with her, with her "before" shots, because she loves to show them! WOW! what a difference her surgery made! She is beautiful. She is healthy and strong. She has lost over 100 pounds and is slim and trim and rides a big motorcycle!

How long since your surgery, Cuddles?

o
RE: WLS Support Group

Hi MaryAnn,

Yes, WLS is a generic term for the many weight loss surgeries. There are quite a few to choose from now. I had the open RNY=Roux-en-Y. I had surgery on January 13 and am doing quite well. No complications. As of yesterday, I have lost 23 lbs. The average weight loss is 100 pounds. Surgery is AN option and certainly not for everyone. There is an extensive journey just to get to the point of surgery. Anyway, thanks for inquiring about it MaryAnn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here