Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before and After pics

Posted by harold14370 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 31, 10 at 20:00

Hello. I have hit 180 pounds, which has been my target weight for quite a while, so I guess it's time to post some pics. I still want to lose some belly fat, though.

I started my diet just a little over a year ago after I was diagnosed with diabetes.

I have lost the weight in a pretty conventional way, by counting calories and exercising. I eat a balanced diet, generally trying to follow the USDA food pyramid guidelines. I did it a little backwards from the way that is usually recommended. I started out eating about 1600 calories per day and gradually increased it to around 2000. That's why I lost weight fast in the beginning and slower as I went along.

Photobucket

Here is what I looked like in the summer of 2008, weighing around 275.
Photobucket

This is from August of last year at about 205, I think.
Photobucket

These is the current pic.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before and After pics

congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story.

o

How wonderful!!!

Aren't you proud of yourself?

You sure have every right to be.

o

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight! Very inspiring, and just what I needed to encourage me to "finish the job" and reach my target. Thanks for sharing.

How is your diabetes? Did it disappear, along with your weight?

o

You are to be commended!! Congratulations for taking control of your diet and your health.

o

Thanks, all, and thanks to everybody who reads the drivel I post on the weigh-in threads. The support means a lot.

Wodka, the diabetes is well under control. I started out with an A1c of 8 in January last year, and it was down to 5.4 in December. This was due to the weight loss, the change in diet, and the exercise. That doesn't mean it disappeared though. Once you've got it, it doesn't go away.

o

Congrats Harold!! Way to go!

Tikanis

o

Congratulations Harold - you should definitely be proud of taking control. Thank you for sharing - you are an inspiration to those of us still on the journey to goal.

Donna

o

Harold, that is really great news on your diabetes! That makes it all really worthwhile, doesn't it, that you are controlling/managing it so well with your healthier lifestyle.

o

Yay!!! Harold, I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you are doing. I'm so proud of you and I hope you feel as great as you look! You were an inspiration for me and "Harold's Diet Club" really helped me stay on track.
Best wishes,
Silver

o

Hi, there, Silversword. I haven't been checking in much lately Things have slowed way down. Are you going to be posting here again? How have you been, and how's your little one?

I weighed 178 this morning, so I'm still hanging in there.

o

Hi Harold
Congratulations.. YOu have been really very inspirating and motivating for us. Wow..you look slim and healthy now. I hope you got your Diabetes also under control.

I have really slowed down these days. Also I forgot my password to this forum. So Could not communicate with you guys. I was actualy in the maintenance mode from september.I managed pretty good in the Holidays with out gaining any weight. But the new year and the Feb really messed up my routine. I am 130.6 now. So gained about 2.6 pounds from last time I posted my weight.

It is this time of the last year that I stumbled upon this group of ours and started my weight goal with you guys. I lost 20 pounds from March 2009 - November 2009. I reached my pre-pregnancy weight. I am so happy that we could find each other and reached our goals. All I was doing was keeping count of my calories and walking or doing some physical activity for about 40 minutes.

I hope to start again, losing weight in a healthy way.

Hi silversword, how are you doing? Nice to see you again .

Cheers
Jasmi

o

Sorry guys! I've been hit and miss lately.

Harold, I'm doing great. Did good maintenance, then lost momentum. I'm up to 139lbs (10 over my all-time low of 129 June last year). But I've started really working on it again. I joined a gym and that's really nice, I feel like I'm getting a lot stronger. My little girl is doing good, thank you for asking. Keeping busy, loving life.

Jasmi, sounds like we're right here together again! Shoots. At least we're in good company. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here