Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new weigh watchers

Posted by Sugar_fl (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 05 at 16:48

I noticed that weight watchers has a new program now along with the old, Can anyone help explain that to me?
I need to follow some plan AGAIN & will look at all. Till the 15th I will be at my sons so won't have as much time to look till I get home. Maybe some of U already know about WW.
Thanks
Dar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new weigh watchers

I don't know about it except that the ad says that it is an alternative to counting points. It always seemed to annoy the leaders when I refused to keep track of my foods. that just didn't work for me. I lost 15 pounds, and love Weight Watchers, but to write down foods and track points was an obsessive thing to do. I would live those points, and crave food. Except for that Weight Watchers is great.

Did you see on the news that Weight Watchers is the only program proven to work and last for more than 2 years?
Sammy

o

They need to keep new methods coming so they keep new members coming in.
I am guessing this new diet is low carb/low fat and very limited in your list of things to eat since there is no counting. Or maybe you weigh and measure everything like the "old" WW. Hopefully someone will set us straight (Dee?).
Kathy

o

They have a web site. I'll check into it later.
Sammy

o

The other program is called Core. It is not low carb at all. I have been doing this program since October and have lost 17 pounds. You have 35 Flex points per week to use however you want. It is nice not to have to count what you are eating. It is based on healthy choices along with learning how to understand when you are satisfied. You can have up to three dairy choices a day. I have most mornings, a bowl of fat free plain yorgurt with frozen fruit and splenda. There is a focus on whole grains also. I have tried all the low carb diets and I missed the things I loved. It was very hard to change my way of thinking when I started. I can eat CARBS. One of my favorite treats is a bag of 94% FF Kettle Corn. Sweet and Salty...YUM! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me through my profile.

Gretchen

o

The Core Plan is fantastic for anyone who doesn't want to be bothered counting points...although I will say that counting points is easy and no big deal to me...I eat much the same thing through out the week or month and you quickly learn that a 1/2 C of 1% milk is 1 point and that your morning cereal is 1 point or 2 points so it's not like you are spending every day...I don't necessarily evven write anything down until I have a free moment ...I just keep a running total in my head...

Core Plan is basically eating a balanced plan or whole foods ...I don't want to take the time to type it all out because it is available at Dotties or on the WW site...

o

I am part of a challenge group on the WW chatboard and many people LOVE core. They don't have to obsess with counting all those points. For me, FLEX worked well and I made it to goal quickly and have managed to maintain since May. I no longer journal my points...I sort of do it "in my head". But if I were struggling, I'd consider Core. It's not a fad like the low-carb thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here