Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weight WAtchers

Posted by RuthieG__TX (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 5, 05 at 15:46

Let's do a weight watchers roll call and see how many people here are doing weightwatchers...

Am I the only one...RuthieG__TX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weight WAtchers

Here - and doing Core

o

I use a form of Weight Watchers after having used it to get my weight down - does that count?
Sammy

o

I'm around here too; using Flex for most of 2004. Today I started CORE...going grocery shopping this afternoon.

o

I joined almost a year ago and made goal by May. Was doing GREAT until New Years...and then gained 2 lbs. But I know I can get it off. I exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and I am watching my portions again. Isn't WW wonderful?

o

New again to weight watchers as of this week but have lost 27 1/2 lbs on WW in the past but gained it back through pregnancies and want to lose it again!

o

I've been doing Weight Watchers for several months now. First on Flex, then switched to Core. I did quite a bit of reading on lots of different programs and decided this was one I could live with, not just suffer through.

Shirley

o

I started the WW Core program and think it is wonderful! I am down to goal and haven't been there for years...this program really works for me...

o

Here is a great site for Core information!

Here is a link that might be useful: Core Information

o

Here's a link to Kippy's site on Core.

Here is a link that might be useful: Core info

o

Me too. I just noticed this message thread. Shore me up ladies !!

o

I joined with the Season Pass a week and a half ago. Weighed in today - lost 2.6 lbs., for a total so far of 4.2 lbs. Not too shabby, huh?

o

I'm also doing WW's.....I'm new to this diet forum so hope you all won't mind my joining in. I've lost 14 pounds. Because of a health situation right now can't do all the exercise I'd like to do...but am able to increase it some each week.
I'm on the flex plan but others in my weekly group love the core.
Holly

o

Hello everyone---

I am doing WW Flex Plan Online. I checked out Core and will probably do that plan when I am in Maintainace or at Goal. I need the accountability of counting points right now. I am doing WW with a low carb, higher fat slant as my points will allow. DH is diabetic so we need to watch the carbs and I think it helps me lose faster especially belly fat. On the WW forum site there are alot of Core users and they seem to be doing really well with the plan.

Maybe we could start a Weekly/Daily WW thread here. Anyone interested?

Bev
214.6/183.5/165

o
RE: Weight WAtchers-Recipe

Here is something I made yesterday from the WW site. If you haven't tried it; it is pretty tasty.

"YoCheese

To make it, take a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter and suspend it over a glass or tall bowl. Put in some plain yogurt (without gelatins) like Dannon or Stonybrook Farms. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, better yet overnight, and the whey will drain off. Youll have a cheese about the texture of spreadable cream cheese, and about as much cheese as you started with in yogurt. The flavor is somewhere between cream cheese and sour cream.

You can use it about anywhere youd use cream cheese or sour cream. It also really takes on flavors well, especially if it has a chance to sit for a while after mixing. For dips, I really like to mix in dry Hidden Valley or Taco Seasoning. For a sweet spread, stir in DaVinci's syrups or extracts and some Splenda. For a peanut butter spread mix in some pb and Splenda.

Ive read that the whey has some carbs in it, but I really dont know for sure how much. The info on the web says ff yocheese is 80 cal for cup. I think it would depend somewhat on the yogurt you started with. I just figure 1 point for each cup yocheese I eat.
YoCheese Recipe Ideas

~ Mix w/ ff/sf vanilla pudding mix and put it on apple slices and grapes. Like eating cheesecake!
~ Base for stuffed mushrooms.
~ Mix with scallions & spices for a jazzed up cheese spread.
~ I had it as stuffed mushrooms just this afternoon. Mixed it with some canned crab meat & some salt-free seasoning and put it in baby portabellos. Baked it at 400 for about 15 min. Drizzled them with balsamic vinegar before serving. It was excellent!
~ Just the yocheese and the FF/SF white chocolate pudding mix makes it taste exactly like cheesecake, in my opinion.
~ I mix it with some chopped fresh herbs and maybe a little minced garlic. You could mix into warm pasta, or would be great on a baked potato. Possibilities are endless- just throw any kind of good stuff in!
~ Mix with a little DaVinci's syrups or other flavoring and Splenda for a sweet spread that is awesome on bagels.
~ Mix with a little dry Hidden Valley or Taco seasoning for a celery stuffer or spread for wraps.
~ Use anywhere you'd use cream cheese or sour cream. Much more nutritious and flavorful!
~ Mix with honey and walnuts.
~ Topping for fruit salad.
~ Mix with savory herbs for a veggie dip.
~ Mix with nut butter as a stretcher. Ditto mayo, sour cream.
~ Layer with fruit of choice for a parfait.
~ Use as a base for salad dressing - fabulous base for 1000 island.
~ I make tzatziki sauce which is yocheese, olive oil, lemon juice, cucumber diced, garlic, and fresh dill. It is a Greek sauce for roasted meat, but I also use it as a salad dressing. "

I used a 32 ounce container of FF Plain yogurt, Great Value brand from Wal-Mart. After it drained overnight I added 1 pkg. SF/FF White Chocolate Mix, dry to the YoCheese. I also added 1 T. Splenda and mixed all well.

I spooned out 1/2 cup and poured some SF Raspberry DaVinci syrup on it and it was good. 1/2 cup = 2 points and I believe it is Core.

Bev
214.6/183.5/165

o

Hi! New to this board but NOT to WW. My husband & I went lifetime 15 years ago! We are back again since New Year's. WW really does work and is the only plan that keeps us honest. Flex is our plan because we NEED the structure. We can't really stay on the lifetime plan because we are terrible foodies, but it keeps us in good shape for a couple years. We always fall off the monthly weigh-in wagon. When we get about 20 pounds over goal we come back because nothing else really works.

o

I'm Flex but only because I already knew it and just didn't want to bother doing something new but Core sounds interesting...I am big on the core principles any way so I am sure I could make it work...I love Weight Watchers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here