Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much do you exercise?

Posted by Kim68 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 29, 04 at 15:24

And when do you do it? I just started to use the treadmill and I am doing about 20-30 minutes a night when I get home from work. I know that most people exercise in the morning, but evenings seem to work better for me. In the past I have always started out doing too much, too soon and ended up quiting. So I am now I'm trying the slow-and-gradual approach:-)

Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much do you exercise?

I do about 18 minutes on an elliptical trainer every other day---before I shower in the morning. I set the resistance on the highest level and I burn about 50 calories at a time. Doesn't seem like much, but it adds up over a month and it's definitely better than sitting on my tush!

o

Mini-workout in the am before my shower: 20 pushups (most are half/modified, I do as many full ones as I can first - I'm up to 8), 25 crunches, 20 squats.

Sun/Tues/Thurs nights (9pm or so - we like late workouts): To the gym w/DF for 20 min. on the treadmill, then a little weight lifting

Every night before bed: Stretching exercises (quick, and nothing too straining

I started the morning and evening routines because I used to feel *soooo* guilty on those inevitable nights when we'd skip the gym...now since I can do those two things anywhere and they take about 5 minutes, I don't feel bad about missing the gym occasionally, because at least I'm doing *something* on a daily basis. :-)

o

I walk 45 minutes on the treadmill over my lunch hour on Monday thru Fridays. If I can do it, I try to fit some in on the weekends but with 2 small kids, its hard.

Jen

o

I try to walk every day about 20 minutes. I'm also doing the Joyce Vedral "Bottoms Up" workout 6 days a week (some days I don't--but I'm trying to do better about this) She recommends on one of her plans doing 3 days of upper body workout and 3 days of lower body workout. The middle body can be worked every day. I rest on Sundays.

o

Yoga for 1 1/2 hours 3 times a week, aqua yoga for 1 hour a week, water strength training 1 hour per week. I really want to start doing the treadmill and elliptical again. I try to exercise at least 5 times a week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here