Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support Mon. 01/22 thru Sun. 1/28

Posted by jen823 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 12:34

Come Out, Come Out, Wheverever You Are????????

Have a great day!

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support Mon. 01/22 thru Sun. 1/28

IF you cheered for the Colts, I WILL find out, and you WILL be on THE list!

That is all!

Here is a link that might be useful: Colt fan link, rated pg 13 :P

o

Well, John, lol, might I say that I was yelling as much for Tony Dungy as for the Colts? I only started yelling for them after he went there. I thought that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers did him very wrong. So, it might be an opinion that isn't well liked here but I stand by it. tee hee

We heard today that Bill Parcells stepped down from the Cowboys. I guess that he had enough of T.O.

Jen~Thanks for starting us. How many more days until you leave?

DD wants us to move there by Wednesday. LOL We told her it just wasn't possible so she said that she would give us a week. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have such a great relationship with her now. I don't know what to do. I didn't want to move back to West TX. Things are so expensive right now especially with the oil boom going on & I wanted to be closer to DSs. But I have a feeling that since DDIL's DM lives in West TX that they will head back that way. I called DS to ask him tonight & he wanted to know who told me that he was looking for another job. He said that it might or might not be closer to West TX but they definitely wanted out of the big D area. So, he says that he will know in 2-3 months. In the meantime, I have been emphatic about not wanting to move in that area. I still have my reasons. It is a game of wait & see, I guess. Milkdud, any suggestions?

Patti :)

o

I'm here! I have today off (Clerical day) and I have many things planned, but I am off to a slow start. It is so cold, I just wanted to crawl back under the covers! LOL

Here is the list for the 2007 "UN-BIRTHDAY" Exchange:

Raeanne sends to DeeMarie (2/18)
NHSuzanne sends to Raeanne (3/3)
Donna_southNJ sends to Patti (3/20)
Magic Kitty sends to Donna_southNJ (4/21)
Marci sends to Magic Kitty (5/2)
Patti sends to Marci (8/11)
DeeMarie sends to Jen (8/23)
Jen sends to NHSuzanne (11/20)

Do we want another questionaire?

Gotta go warm up. I'll be back later.
Marci

o

Hello!

Could not get here because this board was soooooooo slow!!!!

Marci, I think we need another questionnaire. It will refresh our memories about each other, and should help Donna and Magic Kitty.

Hope everyone is well and out of harms way.

Will check in later...........got a huge resourcing report to work on.

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

I would like to have another questionnaire too. My feeble ol' mind doesn't always remember like it should. Thanks for doing this for us, Marci!

DeeMarie~This board has been slow in more than one way. LOL Not very many people posting right now.

I stated that I had a problem & then I got a fortune cookie that had the answer that I was looking for. Milkdud~If you are reading, it told me to take the same advice that I had given out to others. I gave you the same advice that I gave to Jewel. LOL So, I felt like I had my answer.

I got a very good magazine that is about eating healthy & has a menu for two weeks, I think. Have a great day. Patti :)

o

I'm here but behind as usual. Swamped with work too. Things should slow down a bit next week (although I will be doing paperwork all of Saturday), then all will be right with the world : )

I would like to be in the B-day exchange again if it possible. If not, then Iwill just cheer everyone on.

Hi Jen, John, Patti (and Dave, of course) DeeMarie!
Where is Besh? And Maddie?

I hope that Raeanne is having a blast and that everyone else checks in. Bj, if you are lurking, PLEASE come back and post. Don't make me come up and get you....!!

(((Hugs)))

Tikanas

o

I thought I'd stop in and say hi. Seems like I still see the same names, which is nice, and nice that you are still doing the birthday exchange. I need to pass on it, as I still have trouble getting my granddaughters' packages there on time, lol.

Patti, nice to see you posting. The last couple of times I stopped by, I didn't see you posting. Glad you are still in the running. I haven't seen BJ's posts for awhile either, but I miss a lot of days and only come by every week or two.

I've put a lot of time into my forum, but there have been personal conflicts there for awhile now - probably a year. I think I'll pull back as admin and mod as it's not being a good experience anymore.

I'm still struggling with the same things basically - trying to eat write, manage my illnesses, and advance my painting. Heather is still well.

I'm glad to see the names I recognize, and wish you all well. Take care, eat healthy, and drink your water. :)

Amy

o

Hi,
Craziness as usual with family and work. Will probably have a chance to read, catch up and post tomorrow night. I would love another questionnaire - it would be a huge help! Patti, it looks like you can't get away from me!! Glad that cookie gave you the answer you were looking for...
Talk to ya tomorrow...Donna

o

Good Evening everyone!!!!!

DH and I have been eating heatlhy since Sunday. We are eating more fiber and natural foods. It really is not too bad, but I am extremely cranky.......I hope it passes soon. My poor DH.

Having some stress issues at work. The owners left the country for a funeral and one of my co-workers went on a power trip and made her own hours and spoke non-stop on her cell phone and seemed to make each day a Jerry Springer episode. I had my fill after I caught her in two lies and she did not put in her full work week which she reported on her timesheet as doing so (I do the payroll). The owners are very nice and considerate people and she is taking advantage of them in a huge way. They are on to her a bit already, but my dilema is to be a tattletale or just keep my mouth shut. I just have a problem paying her for hours not worked and if I do ignore it, I would be enabling her deceptions. Her antics definately have an effect on each co-worker as we have to pick up her slack while listening to her Jerry Springer episodic life. See how crabby I am!!!!!!!! o.k. I am done venting.

I feel like Jack Nicholson in the movie "As good as it gets" while he is playing the piano and singing " Look on the bright side of your life"......LOL!!!!!

Take care.....any advise would be read, maybe not taken, but definately read!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha.

Lynn

o

Hi Amy, hi Donna.

Lynn, I would give your co worker a chance to do the right thing. I'd hand her the time card and say something like "I'm sure you want to correct this. You probably forgot that you only worked 5 hours on Tues and Thurs and NOT eight hours" If she blows up I'd state firmly "I am giving you the opportunity to correct this before I have to, which would include reporting to the boss..." That way the ball is in her court. I think I'd have someone else within ear shot to hear her reaction so that you can have back up lest someone think you were being petty. Just my 2 cents!

Back later,

Tikanas

o

Hi Amy - What a nice surprise to see your post.

Lynn - Tikanas gave good advice. I would definitely have someone with you to back you up.

Tikanas and Patti - I sent you both emails. Did you get them???

Gotta run,
Marci

o

Tikanas - Great advice. Yes, I would want someone there to hear it too. Thank you. I will be approaching her soon.

Lynn

o

Hi all,

All is well on the sommersizing diet. Just very SLOW!!! I wish I could lose on it as fast I did the first time. I am not quiting though.

Magickitty, I agree with the advice Tikanas gave you. Good luck. I also do payroll, luckily we are all salary though. Makes it fairly easy.

Amy, its great to see you posting.

Gotta run, still finishing all the year end "crap". Have a great day.

Jen

o

Amy~Thanks. I was glad to see you posting too.

Donna~I would never try to get away from you.

Lynn~Please take a deep, cleansing breath. Now, Tikanis gave you great advice. You should always take someone with you to be a witness. You should give this person a chance to make things right on her own. If she cannot do it, then you should go ahead & do it. It seems like it is kind of your job. What do your employers expect of you? This is something that is affecting the whole office & the rest of the employees! Like Tikanis said, you have put the ball in her court now & if she fails to take responsibility for herself then you have to do what you have to do. In the meantime, I want you to take a Calgon bath & put some candles around the bath & put on the type of music that you like. Hopefully, this will "destress" you momentarily.

Tikanis~You are a very intelligent woman. And, you know that I love you.

Marci~I use hotmail for my E-mail so if you didn't send it there let me know where you sent it & I will go to the other account & look for it. I haven't seen anything from you. (You know that you can count on me to do whatever you need to do to help you.)

Jen~Stick around & don't get discouraged. We will all be here for you to keep you going. :)

I had this all posted once & lost it. But, I remembered it & was able to post it again. I will be checking back here to see what is going on. Does anyone have anything special planned for the weekend? Patti :)

o
RE: SS :: Support Mon. 01/22 thru Sun. 1/28

Marci~I checked & got your E-mail. I have replied to yours. So, you should have an answer. If you don't, then let me know. All right? Patti :)

o
RE: SS Support Mon. 01/22 thru Sun. 1/28;)

Tikanis~Please give me a call. Anytime will be all right. Patti :)

o

Good evening all!!!!

Things worked out ok I guess at work. She made changes on the timesheet, but has been indifferent towards me and I guess it is a good thing, at least she knows where I stand and hopefully will not try to take advantage again in the future. Thanks Tikanas.

Jen - keep up the good work on SSing...I remember that I lost about 30 pounds with SS and I know it works. DH and I are having a tough time with a healthy WOE right now, but I have changed my mindset since I read YOU - on a diet by Dr.'s Rosen and Oz. So I feel more willpower on my side this time.

Take Care...

Lynn

o

ATTENTION!

Here is a REVISED list for the birthday exchange. I'll post this again next week for those who are on vacation.

2007 "UN-BIRTHDAY" Exchange

Raeanne sends to DeeMarie (2/18)
NHSuzanne sends to Raeanne (3/3)
Donna_southNJ sends to Patti (3/20)
Magic Kitty sends to Donna_southNJ (4/21)
Marci sends to Magic Kitty (5/2)
Tikanas sends to Marci (8/11)
Patti sends to Tikanas (8/19)
DeeMarie sends to Jen (8/23)
Jen sends to NHSuzanne (11/20)

o

Good Friday morning all,

It's below zero here this morning..........-12 at 5:30 am. Wind chills could reach -30 today and tonight. Not a good day. It's 9:00 am and still -1.

Lynn, Tikanas gave some great advice on your situation and I am glad you took it. That situation has empowered you and your co-worker knows where she stands now. Good for you!!

Besh, where are you lately?

Amy, so good to hear from you. I am glad that you and Heather are well.

Hey John, come out and talk to us!! We know you are lurking. Too bad about the Pats..........who can we blame? It can't be the Pat's fault!! LOL

Jen, keep your resolve and you will see some results soon. Like Dee says, Never Ever Give Up!! More great advice.

Good job Tikanas. I love the advice here when I really need it!

Patti, I will take your advice anytime....Calgon take me away!! I have a hot bath and glass of wine planned for tonight after barn chores are done. Unfortunately, DH will not be home - he's on the road. Oh well - more wine for me!! LOL

Donna, check in soon.

Dee? Where are you girlfriend? Apres vacations swammped?

BJ, my how you tease us with your ocassional hello! Come on now check in.

I hope Raeanne is having alot of lovely margaritas for all of us! You could not pay me to drink a cold drink today!

I have managed to continue eating healthy for this month so far and I think I see a small difference in my body and about 4 pounds on the scale. I have to remind myself that it's going to take a long time to get this 30 pounds off!! It's so hard isn't it?

QOD: What are you all doing for the weekend?

o

Good Morning,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It is frustrating. Seems like I have been trying really hard for the past year to lose weight and nothing works. I am going to give this one more month and then may go to the doctor to have some blood work done. I eat healthy and exercise daily. There is no reason this weight shouldn't come off.

NH Suzanne, We can lose this 30 pounds together.

Gotta run, work is calling. Have a great weekend.

Jen

o

Hi,

I'm here. I have just been sitting in a room with the shades pulled down and the doors locked since the Patriots lost last week! LOL They are the better team and they should have won. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Honestly, I don't know why I haven't been here. I guess I just let time get away from me. I have been really busy. Aren't we all???? I have been trying to stay warm. It is "fricken freezing here" as Dr. Evil would say!

DH went ice fishing in Maine for the weekend. KooKoo!

I joined WW online. I just never could seem to get myself to the meetings and I was using that as an excuse not to start the program or any other program for that matter. Lynn, I also read YOU on a Diet and have been using some of those principles along with WW. I just started this past week, but I have been honest with my postings and honest with myself, which is huge for me. I think I am at the point, that I am just sick of being this size. I have no energy, my knees and hips hurt and I am turning 50 this year. So what am I waiting for?

I have got to fly. Sorry I can't address each of you, but know that I think of all of you all the time. I'll be back!

Love, Besh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here