SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trekaren

Can a MIA come back to the group?

trekaren
19 years ago

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lots of changes in my life so I'm not promising I can post regularly. But I'd like to have a little group support in my ongoing healthy-eating attempts.

For those who don't know, I did WW and lost 22 pounds overall. I reached lifetime, and remained at lifetime weight until recently.

I turned 40 last May, quit my job and took some personal time for the first time in my life. Went back to work in September, after a lot of soul searching. I am working for the same boss I used to work for back in my MCI days. She's a great boss, a great friend, and very professional. The team here is great, also. It's chaotic, just like any other workplace, but I am learning a lot, and working with a great team.

Since going back to work, I lost control of my eating. I read an article that said, "Don't worry over the holidays. In order to gain 5 pounds, you'd have to eat a mountain of food and there's no way you could ever eat that much." HA! I just look at food and gain weight. Plus, I think when you give in to small indulgences, you tend to go overboard. At least I do. I can't eat just a small portion of a treat.

I kicked off my new healthy eating in earnest this week. I prepared with plenty of key staples, like yogurt, and 2-point snacks.

Today, I forgot to bring my lean cuisine, so I'm hoping to make wise choices when I go to the cafeteria.

I also bought pretzel sticks in individual bags. I find I can portion control easier, if it's preportioned out for me. I'm a lazy dieter, LOL.

Anyway, like I said, not sure how often I can come over here, because this job keeps me very busy. But I need the support. I checked for WW meetings near this office, but there is not one close by. I do better with the meetings, but we'll see how I do independently this time!!! I did it before, and kept it off for over a year. So I know I can get back there again!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH