SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildchild_gw

Diet Pals 1/17 thru 1/23 Get Moving Week

wildchild
19 years ago

Good Morning all. It is finally going to be a bit warmer and drier here. It looks like a good week to finally get outside and walk. My goal is to take myself and my labrador out for a walk at least once a day. Preferably, I would take him out for training and later me for a power walk. We'll see.

So I submit that the theme for this week be that we get more exercise. Whatever you've been doing either start, step it up or be consistant.

Went to my first Red Hat Society meeting. It was just a get to know one another potluck. I had a lot of fun and seemed like a likable bunch. Some of us will be going to see "Chicago" the musical next week. My first public event in full regalia of red and purple.

Going out to dinner and to shoot some pool with another group of Red Hatters later this week. One of the first group belongs to the other also. Should be fun.

Since many of the other ladies are a bit more senior than I, it was interesting to note that the foods at the potluck were very "traditional". Green bean casserole, tuna casserole, baked beans, lasagna, cheesecake AND a big punchball of the sherbet punch that was served at every bridal or baby shower 25 to 30 years ago. All was delicious but it was definately a bit of a time warp. Potlucks with my friends closer to my own age and that of my DD's usually have more lighter fare. I was good though and ate moderately. I brought a fruit tray BTW.

So everyone keep on posting. I so enjoy reading about how everyone is doing even whenI don't always have time to post. Everyone seems to be doing so well. If we keep it up we'll all have visible improvement by summer. Have a flabbiless week everyone.

Comments (14)

Sponsored