SSing Jan. 2 thru Jan.8

yankandtex
18 years ago

Just to get us started.

Patti :)

Comments (51)

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

I think today IS opening day! Check in everyone!

Raeanne! Your story makes me feel better somehow. I am picking DD up after gymnastics practive today, so we'll have a chat them and figure out what punishment fits best. I usually figure these things out with her input, and she is much more strict than I! I was reading about teen brain development yesterday and found out some really interesting thing...their brain's reasoning section is not developed, so sometimes they make stupid decisions and don't think about the consequences. The brain doesn't fully develop until between ages 18 & 20!

Patti~ THANKS for starting us off!

John~ Thanks for checking in! I am being good!

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

I'm ready to open!

BJ: You are so good at this parenting stuff. I can only imagine how upset your DD felt; I'll bet you made her feel alot better; especially that she realizes she'll be punished and not tarnished for the rest of her life (by you not trusting her anymore!) Good job!

• Related Discussions

Please Add MORE 'My Favorite Gardening Tips'

Q

Comments (91)
    Outsmarting the tree rats (squirrels) around my house is a full time job. This past spring I hit on a new idea. When I plant a container I invert an empty wire hanging basket over the container and the plant gets sun and can be watered but the squirrels can't dig in it. Another idea: I bring in a lot of plants to "over winter" under lights in my garage. I have so many that it is hard to reach my hand under the lights (4 shop lights) to the middle for watering. So I bought a pump sprayer with a long wand and it works great! In late winter I add a little liquid Dawn detergent, few drops, to each gallon of water and not only does the soil get wet easier but the worms that are waiting to hatch into distructive pets just don't hatch. Don't know what it costs me to run those four shop lights all winter but I don't care. It is a small price to pay to be able to "garden" every weekend in the garage. Many people have mentioned that they mark their outdoor plants with a "permanent Sharpie". In my experience there isn't a "permanent Sharpie", they all fade and quickly too. A grease pencil/china marker or expensive "no fade" garden center marker are the only markers I have found that won't disappoint you by fading. Eight years ago I decided to learn about gardening so I tapped into my local library. I checked out nearly every book they had on gardening and learned so much. The Gardenweb forums are also a wealth of information and entertainment. There is always something new to learn and I appreciate all of you who take the time to write in your ideas. One last idea from me...I keep a small notebook on my computer table and jot down any idea I find that's new and I will want to try. Little pieces of paper get lost but I always know where my notebook is and also use it when I order "on line" so I will remember the name of the company and the order date. Tina or Trowelgal
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon Dec 17 thru Sun Dec 23

Q

Comments (40)
    I know this may be difficult for most of you to believe, but I think that BJ may have outdone herself with this Christmas exchange. Top of the package had a card with an endowed lady riding a stationary bike "Merry Christmas"; inside read "And a Snappy New REAR" Ahhhh, yesÂthe fun begins! First up --Fridge MagnetÂWashington State License Plate "Got Rain?" The rest of the gifts are wrapped in gold paper with handwritten notes to give me a hint as to what is inside. "For the Best Sticky Chix!" Â Rub With Love Tom Douglas Chicken Rub w/ Roasted Chicken recipe (Maddie, you are invited over for this!) "ItÂs a Mariner Kind of Day" Â Scottish Christmas Ultimate Sports Ornament "The Pasta You Get Here, The Better" Â Space Noodles (yummy, cannot wait to boil these babies upÂ.maybe do a pasta salad to go with the Sticky Chicken!) "Stay Healthy" Â World Famous Farm Breakfast Oatmeal Snoqualmie Falls Lodge (DH loves itÂit will be part of our Christmas Eve breakfast, Beege, and we shall raise our spoons in a toast to you!) "For When things are too Hot to Handle" Â Two large Seattle oven mitts. Too cool, and they even protect my arms from burns (which I often get in my oven!) Will be prominently displayed on Christmas Day when bringing the food to the table! "Hee, Hee, Hee" Â Two more fridge magnets which boldly state: #1 Fan (Seattle Mariners) Donna "CAUTION! Tacky Ornament Inside" Â (not!) A space needle! Really cute, and now I wonÂt have to buy one upon my visit to Seattle. (ItÂs a tradition that we buy an ornament wherever we travel). "The OfficeÂA Serious business place..____________.." OMG! 50 Hilarious Prank Notes (Office Memo Stickers) Absolutely adore them! For those who donÂt know, BJ has been sending me drop-down funny note pads for years. They always brighten my day, and the housekeeper gets a kick out of my notes to her which feature a woman leaning over the stove to state "Does this turkey make my butt look fat", etc. "Wait a minuteÂsomethingÂs fishy around hereÂ" A box of Wild Alaskan Smoked Sockeye Salmon!! Pass the bagels and cream cheeseÂ.itÂs gonna be a breakfast orgie!!!!! BJ, you are one amazing person. So inventive and so thoughtful. Again, I must tell you how impressed I am with your energy and spirit. Thank you so very much for making this holiday special and fun for all of us. Everyone is invited over for Christmas breakfastÂ.h*ll, stay for dinner too!
    ...See More

new: fotess snowflake sweetheart swap: begins jan. 2015

Q

Comments (177)
    Finally found my way back to this topic. LOL I'll give my input on Facebook. I'm on Facebook. but I wouldn't want to use it for something like this. I don't want to post my comments about why here, but will be happy to share them by e-mail if anyone is interested. And now for today's Bingo word: Love Story Did I forget to post one yesterday? I'll have to look back over the list. Our internet connection seems to go out several times a day lately so I don't know what's up with that. Sometimes if I try to sign on several times that day and can't get through I give up and try again the next day. It went down to 12 degrees last night. Also our high for today was a new LOW for a record high if you can understand that. I think it was for 2 days in a row that happened. Brrrr! But no snow so that's a plus. I do have some good news. The round robin package from Melinda arrived here today. She enclosed a note that she can't get on houzz so I hope she gets it worked out. There were really nice things in the package. I think some members added more things than they took out. I won't list all of it, but I got flower stickers, baking cups with a snowflake design, a spool of wired ribbon, tissues, magnets, and note cards. The seeds are great, too -purple fountain grass, big juicy strawberries, baby's breath, variegated tomatoes, and several more. Thank you, everyone! I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to try to e-mail Melinda to let her know her package arrived. I'll ask how she's doing because I know we all hope she is doing better. Well, the later it gets in the day, the colder I get so I'm going to burrow under my afghan again. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Jeanne
    ...See More

NEW: January 2015 O.B.F. Members Re-Purposed Fun!

Q

Comments (144)
    You have 6 days left (including today) to mail your used Christmas card crafts, in order to be in the contest. The Post Office is closed Monday for M.L.K. day. Thank you! Just so you know... I'm sticking very close to the mailing deadline (for the contest). Voting starts in the early morning of the 29th or sooner if all the used Christmas card crafts are sent. Sheri Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Erica (EricaBraun) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Nicole (bluee19) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Shirley (brittneysgran) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Dawn (dawn1972) - Sent and Received ???? SENDS TO: Mary (cottonwood468) SENDS TO: Christine (christine00) - Sent SENDS TO: Tammy (mcc371) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Dawn (dmkelly) - Received SENDS TO: Margo (smitties) - Sent SENDS TO: Susan B. (skyblue52) - sent (today) SENDS TO: Sharon (toomanyanimals) - Sent SENDS TO: Faye (nottougly) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Sue G. (sguanzon) SENDS TO: Suzanne (hibiscusfan) SENDS TO: Annie (canyonwind) SENDS TO: Jamie (patton40) - Sent Please check-in and follow-up on the new thread if you haven't, yet (link below). Thank you! Here is a link that might be useful: New OBF Thread
    ...See More
  • milkdud
    18 years ago

BJ, my sons were always more sane and reasonable about their punishments than I ever could be. You're a smart mom to listen to your DD before laying down the law!

Even though I'm not a part of the gift exchange, I'm excited to see what y'all got from one another. I hope there will be picture-posting involved. LOL

So far in 2006, I'm drinking LOTS of water, eating lots of veggies and lean meats, and resisting the urge to finish up all the leftover Christmas goodies. Dson is taking what's left to work with him tomorrow or it goes in the garbage.

I got several inches cut off my hair today, and I feel like a new woman. What is it about a good haircut that is so restorative???

I'll be checking in later to see what "Santa" brought y'all.

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Uh, Guys? Are we opening yet? I would think that some of you have already gone to bed.... I'll wait 15 more minutes, just in case...

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

I opened!!!! Working from home and don't have much time to do justice to Patti's package and I want to try to post a picture.

laters........

• jen823
    18 years ago

Good Morning!!!

I opened!! Raeanne, YOUR a gem!! I received two packages, one was a 2006 scrapbook calendar. The next package was a set a glass candleholders that are to be set in the right corner of the house, next was a red bag of hearts for the right corner of the bedroom, next was a Vellum set of "Friends" scrapbook sayings, which I will use a lot! Raeanne sent the girls a "Father Christmas" and the "Snowman" dvd for Christmas. They love it. Erica had to watch it again last nite. Raeanne also sent a calendar with a picture of the island that she sees from her house. She has a fantastic view. Ok, I think I have left something out. I will get back to that. I love everything. Thank you so much.

My family has suffered the flu since Thursday. Erica started out with it and Galen got it Sunday. So far, Tara and I are clear, I figure later on this week. I hope not!!! I keep saying that Tara is to mean to get it. I hope that's true!

Well, beginning of the year and lots of reports to get out. Have a great day. I can't wait to hear from everyone's presents.

Jen

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

I opened too!

THANK YOU, NHSUZANNE!

She sent me a bottle of New Hampshire maple syrup! YUM! And a pamphlet sharing recipes and a story of the process of making maple syrup. Then she also sent me a very nice Strass Swarovski crystal in the shape of a modernized snowflake - really beautiful! As well, in the package was an "Angel of Healing" - by Willow Tree. The carved angel is holding a little bird in her hands - it looks so peaceful. :) There was also an 8" (long) X 3" (tall) "SIMPLIFY" sign made out of metal that had a distressed finish on it---very, very cool. I love it. And the finishing touch was a little bag of metal charms with a note that said:
    "A HEART for love, A PEACE SIGN for hope, an ACORN for a long and healthy life, an ANGEL to watch over you, and THE WORLD, because its future is in your hands."
    She also sent me a card with a wonderful note inside.

NHSuzanne, you made my day---week---whole holiday!---REALLY! Thanks again---so much! Happy New Year! Love, BJ

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

I opened too!

Jen, I loved everything!
    Jen sent me Bath and Body Works Pleasures, a warm vanilla sugar shower gel and a companion hand soap. They smell heavenly! Also, a carrot cake scented candle that I want to take a bite out of. (isn't this a DIET forum lol!). Next was the cutest ornament of a moose holding pom poms, wearing a tu tu. Who told you that I love Moose?? Last, but not least a gorgeous silver frame.

Thank you, Jen! This is a very thoughtful gift box.

I hope you and your family feel better soon (you just KNOW you're gonna catch that bug....) Thank you for including photos, too. Is that you holding the girls?

Off to work, back later!

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Well, I've given up trying to post a picture. Will take one and send along to Marci later.

Patti got me one of the most beautiful tree ornaments ever....a frosted round glass one with a glittery angel (I love angels!) with a saying: "Friends lift us up when we're too weak to fly!" How true, Patti, how true! Another glass ornament in the form of a candle (DH already packed it away in our ornament container for fragile ones!). The Feng Shui Deck "50 ways to create a healthy & Harmonious Home"...just began to look through them; hope to take some more time soon. A book & incense set "feng Shui for the home", which includes a tiny book (which I read and love!), along with an incense burner and sandalwood incense (one of my faves when I was a teenager; reminds me of good times, Patti!). I also received two (2) really pretty caramel-colored candle holders in the shape of autumn leaves with tea lights to match....this is perfect for my living room, and I'm sure Patti remembered me complaining that the leaf dish I tried to order from an American Home party was not available ;-)

It will all be put to good use! Thank you so much for the thought you put into all my gifts!

• Joanne13
    18 years ago

Just a quick check in.
    Can't open as hasn't arrived yet, but I know it's coming.

My Mom who is 85 suffered a mid brain stroke yesterday - brain is still functioning but little else. I have just come home to get cleaned up and get DS and DD and we will drive back (about 90 minutes) to the hospital. If it is her time just pray that it is quick and not drawn out.

I'll check back when I can.
    Joanne

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

[[[[[[[[[Joanne & Mom]]]]]]]]]]]]

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

((((((((HUGS, Joanne))))))))

Thanks for taking the time to check in. Let us know what happens. We offer you, your mother, and your family prayers, positive thoughts, and encouragement. Your day today will be a whirlwind of emotion and probably be filled with conflictual thought---it is so confusing and painful to go through this kind of event with a parent. Just know that we will be thinking of you constantly.

:) Love and hugs are already on the way.

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

(((((JOANNE))))) and prayers coming to your mom, you and the family. Thanks for letting us know.

It looks like I am the only one that sent on a Tacky Ornament - sorry Jen LOL.

My package from Maddie was full of great things, I will start with a stained glass angel that you can sit a candle behind, a stained glass dove, a tin of candy that I am assuming Maddie made and my DH is ever so grateful - he said the cinnamon ones were excellent, I did enjoy one peanut butter filled chocolate - couldn't resist, a wooden plaque that says "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" - which was perfect coming from Maddie, a fantastic Zen Garden - it looks quite elaborate and I can't wait to play with it, and she included 2 of the most adorable pins, one of a champagne glass with crystal like bubbles and the most cute bikini pin, it is actually 2 pieces one for the top and one for the bottom - they are embellished with green stones. I wore the champagne glass yesterday and today and I am taking the bikini pin on vacation with me. Thank you so much, it was so much fun having you as my partner and you really got the perfect gifts for me.

Now, I have to run over to the gym for my 2nd day of working out.

• jen823
    18 years ago

(((Joanne))) my prayers are going out to your mom and family.

Raeanne, I am sorry, I forgot two things you sent me. I LOVE the 10 minutes Feng Shui book. AND, I forgot the tacky ornament she sent me. It was a Silver Christmas bulb that had a hole in it with some hersheys kisses and a band aid over it. Tacky but cute.

Tikanas, I thought the moose was definately tacky. Especially with the pom pons. Glad you liked it.

Better run.

Jen

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

Raeanne~ I sent Maddie a Seattle-based seriously tacky (IMO) ornament! I hope she doesn't take it seriously! :)

• besh
    18 years ago

((((Joanne)))). I'm sending positive thoughts and love your way. I'm sorry your gift is not there yet, but it is en route, I promise.

Well, Marci, outdid herself as well. She sent to me a beautiful handknitted scarf, that I alread told you all about, as well as a snowman ornament, beautiful glass ornament in it's own storage box, decorative kleenex, an ornament with a picture of her wearing the tacky ornaments that I sent her last year as earings (LMAO), a glass angel
    ornament and an awesome candle waterfall. It is so beautiful. I hope I didn't leave anything out. Thanks so much Marci. What fun and thoughtful gifts!

Got to run.

Love, Besh

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Jen - I think I may have forgotten to mention that was the ornament Tikanis sent me last year - Tikanis is on another entire level of tacky than most people (that is one of the reasons I love her) - instead of hershey kisses (I tried to make it kid friendly) she had a feminine product inserted (in case of an emergency) LOL. Glad you have been able to avoid the flu.

Tikanis - how is your patient doing these days? Just teasing you at the above remark - I am a Howard Stern fan, so I may be a level above you on tacky LOL.

I just got back from the gym - 2 days in a row.

Anyone interested in joining me at the annual Woman's Wellness Weekend this year, it sounds like a good one. It is titled "Power of You" and has classes titled "The Hormone Solution", "Uplift Your Mind Energize Your Body", "Nia Dance Jams", "Foods to Balance Your Body and Soul", "Real Beauty for the Real You". It is the weekend of March 17. I would love to do this with my SS sisters - sorry John.

Have a great evening.

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

(((Joanne))) Special thoughts going out to you and your family.

I opened my package from DeeMarie this morning, but didn't have time to post.

Dee sent me the Feng Shui book, Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life. I had that on my wish list, so now I can cross it off. I also got a cute snowman night light. But who ever wired my house put some of the outlets in upside down. So for now, the snow man is standing on his head! LOL Now DH can't put off reversing the outlets any longer.
    Dee also sent some sipping chocolate (can't wait to try it), so I can enjoy a calming moment after a tough day at school. I got the tacky ornament that Magic Kitty (where is she anyway?) sent Dee last year. It is a Santa face surrounded by sea shells. I actually like it! And last but not least, for the romantic aspect of my life..............a beautiful lilac nightgown and robe set. DeeMarie - you out did yourself. I love it and I had fun opening everything. Thank you so much for all the thought you put into your package.

Besh - I am so glad you like everything. I made the scarf multi colored, hoping it would match something you had. Since I am not so good at the Feng Shui stuff yet, I hoped the candle would fit wherever you needed it most. The angel is in memory of Allie as I always try to send an angel in my packages in honor of our dear friend. The pewter snowman ornament I bought at our local forge. When I got it home, it said made in China or something like that on the box. I had to laugh at that because I made a special trip the forge to get you something locally made. They have nevered carried other merchandise before, so I didn't bother to check the box. But I sent it along anyway, because I had a snowman theme going by then.

Going to watch the Orange Bowl tonight. DS got tickets and he and a friend went to Miami this morning. Go PSU!!!!!!!!

Later,
    Marci

• milkdud
    18 years ago

I really enjoyed reading about all the wonderful goodies you all sent one another! It sounds like everybody put so much thought and love into their gifts.

Joanne, I am sending healing thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Today was my first day back at school in 2006, and I did so well with my WOE! I packed a big salad for my lunch and resisted all the high-carb foods their kitchen prepares daily.

Take care and keep up the good work!

• jprakia
    18 years ago

Hi Ladies,

(((Joanne and Mom)))

Sounds like everyone opened some nice gifts and are having a good time with it :)

Glad to see you have been good BJ, there is a first time for everything!

Ive been bad, but dont believe in Santa anyhow so no big deal :P Time for me to get things in gear and get back on track with some exercise. I want to loose 20 more pounds before golf season as the place Im going to join is very hilly and I plan to play when I get out of work in the mornings, so I need all the energy I can get!

I hope you all had a nice new year! Mine was pretty good, my GF decided she wanted to spend some time together just hanging out.. fine with me, if it lasts then great, if not.....

Take care everyone and keep the scales down and the chins up ;)

John

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

John, you're funny!

Good luck with the golfing. Start walking the course now - put in an application for caddy! By the time spring comes, you'll be in fine shape!

I forgot to include that NHSuzanne gave me a book called "Essential ZEN". I've been reading it and it's very deep! It was in my reading area - the quietest place in my housey. I need to concentrate on the meaning of the poems whilst I read it. Whoa.

Raeanne~ All day, I've been thinking of your Women's Weekend and how I can be three. I marked it on my calendar. Maybe I'll try to Feng Swing it!

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    18 years ago

DeeMarie~I'm glad that you liked your gifts.

Joanne~[[[[ H U G S ]]]]

Now, Tikanis also had me for the un-birthday gifts so I don't know which were which but I got the biggest box & I have a long list of wonderful things that I absolutely love! She got me the softest, cutest little bear that says "Buena Vista, San Francisco", some Bailey's Irish Creme, a santa bear that clips on to a pencil or a pen, a pencil, a dolphin pen, a round ornament to put a picture in (where was your picture, Tikanis?), a Faithfulness bracelet, a "City of Angels" DVD, some milk chocolate bandaids, some "Red Door", a gingerbread man cookie cutter, 2 books--"A Funny Thing Happened on My Way Through the Bible" and "More Than Words" Volume 2, a marble stone hanging with an Albert Einstein saying, some honey roasted macadamia nuts & some chocolate covered macadamia nuts, she knows that I really like them, & then the cutest purse ever and an angel pin. On top of all of that, Tikanis sent Dave some Stetson aftershave and a keyring. Thank-you just isn't enough to say for all you did. Everything was thoughtful and I know that you put a lot of thought into everything. You know me really well.

This was a fun Christmas.

Drink your water! Patti :)

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Raeanne, I'll be in Florida until the 18th so can't make it for your Women's Weekend. It would have been a hoot though!

Marci, I'm glad you liked the gifts. You'll have to post a picture of you in your new sexy nightgown! whooooohoooooo!!

Gotta run; tis a new year and this budget is already driving me nuts.

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

hoping to entice other sisters, I have posted a link to the Women's Weekend.

Dee - I don't know if Marci said she wanted to enhance her relationship sector - but sounds like she better watch out LOL.

BJ - Since last year Natural Health Magazine is a co-sponsor of the weekend. If you are really considering coming let me find someone that went last year (I was out of town) and get feedback. The weekend used to be the most awesome experience, I was thinking that the magazines input may have changed that a bit.

I am working longer hours today and will hit the gym again this afternoon.

Roadrunner is here to check computer, so I have to log off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Womens Weekend

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Raeanne, I'll leave it up to Marci to admit (or not) whether she requested a little 'relationship' assurance! LOL!! Frankly, I think she'll look adorable in that color.

I'm back to the basics again, according to the nutritionist's recommendations. Got in a 45-minute walk this morning, and have an aerobics class at 4:45-5:45pm. Tonight we take out DSDs for dinner; gonna make it healthy for me. My bloodwork came back; nurse's comment was "wonderful"! Hope to pick up a copy of the numbers soon.

John, it's so good to see you post. I'm glad you had good holidays. Wish you lived closer as I'm anxious to someday learn how to play golf...I'll need something to do when I retire in 10-15 years! LOL

Gotta run...

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Hello!!!

I am up and running and feel connected to the world again. Just a fast check in - on my way to help my dad celebrate his birthday tonight - he's 78. It looks like you guys did great for the holidays - I know I did :-)

Milkdud - welcome! I love your name. My computer bit the dust right at Christmas and I am finally up and running again, that's why I was MIA.

Joanne ((hugs)) and prayers for your mom.

I will catch up later tonight.

Donna

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Good evening, everyone! I had a long day at school and met dh for dinner at our fave Mexican restaurant just starving. Very bad idea!!! Let's just say that I kind of undid the good of the first 3 days of 2006. Oh well. I'm drinking lots of water and my tight clothes tell me I need to get back to the straight and narrow again tomorrow.

All the gifts sounded wonderful. And, Raeanne, I wish I lived close enough to attend that Woman's weekend with you. It sounds wonderful!

I get such inspiration from reading everybody's posts. You all are so busy and vital that I feel like a slug next to you. Maybe you'll be the nudge I need to get going.

Take care!

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Joanne, (((hugs!))). Give us an update when you are able. Sending prayers your way...

Patti, I'm glad that you liked everything!

Raeanne, that Women's weekend looks interesting.

DeeMarie, I don't remember what you do, for some reason. Are you in chrge of setting a company budget? I know that you were writing up your accomplishments for the 2005 work year. How did that work out?

John, I play a mean game of miniature golf : ) My Dad was an avid golfer... maybe I'll give it whirl some day! Do you mean to say that you will work all night and THEN play golf???

Jen, I didn't think that moose was tacky at all! I love it. (Read Raeanne's post re TRULY tacky ornament!)

Milkdud, we'll nudge you alright! : )

Menu post:
    Br~ eggwhite frittata,
    snack~ 1/2 n.f. yogurt
    Lunch~ lg saladw/ lite Ranch, 3oz chicken, steamed veggies
    snack~ other 1/2 nf yogurt
    Dinner~ homemade Curried Turkey Soup, spinach/red onion salad w/ raspberry vinagrette

So far, so good! I am back to "good carbing" and feel wonderful!

Have a good night, everyone,

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Happy THURSDAY!!!!

Come out, come out wherever you are!

Joanne, thinking of you and your mom again. Hope you will fill us in soon.

Tikanas, I'm a business planning manager working in clinical research...notice I said 'business' because I don't know a thing about science! lol! I count the beans, review milestones, create metrics, assign resources, etc. It's a ton of laughs, laughs, laughs....NOT! Actually my performance review came out great; all 10 pages; once I got started, I could not stop...went through my 2005 calendar of meetings to remind myself of accomplishments and tasks it took to meet them. I was busy!!

Make today count!

• marci_52_pa
    18 years ago

Had to change my user name in order to log in. Wish ivillage had left well enough alone. My motto is: If it isn't broke, don't fix it!!!

Now, on to other business. No picture of me in my new gown and robe! LOL This is a G rated site! But I will take a picture of them and post that. And I didn't specifically ask for help in my relationship sector, but I think I did say that it wouldn't hurt. Working opposite shifts for most of the 29 years of our marriage has taken its toll on our relationship. A spark here and there couldn't hurt!
    (DH like the robe and gown, but I haven't modeled it for him yet. lol)

Hope everyone else can log on and check in soon. It is too quiet here today.

Gotta go finish cleaning up the kitchen.

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Joanne - thinking of your mom.

Raeanne - that weekend sounds wonderful - I wish I could go.

I am still trying to get caught up on things and get my computer set up the way I like it.

I started WW on January 1 - I even went out to dinner and stuck with it. Right now my plan is not to go back to meetings but to stick with it and weigh myself weekly. My reward will be paying myself the meeting fee and treat myself to a manicure. Of course, should this not work out for me I will be paying WW the meeting fee and taking my butt over to the nearest meeting. I am going to try it for a month and see how my plan works.

Marci - thank you! I have a note on the way to you - my gift arrived today and is adorable. It will definitely be on next year's tree.

Tikanas - I sent you an email last night. Your menu looks delicious.

Milkdud it's only the 5th day of the month. You will get on track, believe me. I am new here also and I can tell you that you won't meet a better bunch than this group! When I was reading to catch up I saw that you were a lurker who emailed Patti. I just "met" Patti myself a few weeks ago and hope to get to know her and you better.

Be good :-)

Donna

• besh
    18 years ago

Good Evening,

Donna, I like your plan for WW. I am also a WW, but have not been going to the meetings. I think I may try the same thing, or maybe even give the $$ to DH and have him weigh me and then save the money for a night out. At least I would have to be accountable to someone. Are you doing points or Core? I have always done points, but am gearing myself up for Core. I need to shake things up a bit and I think it will help.

Joanne, still thinking of you. I hope that you get an opportunity to check in and let us know how things are going. (((HUGS)))

(((HUGS))) all around!

Love, Besh

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Hi, all! Well, I'm back on the wagon with my WOE today. Thanks for the encouraging words and the nudge!

Donna, Patti and I have known one another for at least 5 years. It did all begin with a "let's get to know each other" thread, and she emailed me because we both enjoyed doing counted cross-stitch! Thus began a long and nice friendship. We didn't meet for several years after "meeting" here, but we'd talked on the phone numerous times and chatted often.

Well, I think I'm coming down with a little something, so I'm heading for a hot shower and curling up in bed before bedtime! :)

Take care!

• tempcfmember
    18 years ago

This is Tikanas!

I (and many others) are unable to log on here for some reason today. Jessy over at the cooking forum was kind enough to give some of us who have been temporarily "excommunicated" Ha Ha! a temp log in so that we could post.

I didm't want the day to go by without a hug for Joanne. I have been thinking about your mom all day.

DeeMarie, now I have a better idea of what you do. Sounds like HARD work.

Besh, Donna, it sounds like you both have a plan!

Darn, Marci! We were counting on those pics! : )

Quick menu then I'll try and pop back in later...

Br: Eggwhite omellette w/ spinach and feta. !/2 grapefruit
    snack: 1/2 nf yogurt, celery sticks

Lunch: leftover homemade chicken caciatore (3oz chix) lettuce and spinach salad w/ cheesy lite fantastico dressing.

Dinner: 4 oz baked cod, steamed green beans, Romaine and tomato salad w/ lite bleu cheese dssg.

Tikanas

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

I finally made it here! BJ warned me that it wasn't going to be easy and she was right. I thought I was going to have to change my user name like Marci and Tikanis.

Marci - I was only kidding about the relationship sector, but I know that after all these years my DH wouldn't mind seeing me in a nice nightgown, instead of old sweats and a t-shirt LOL.

I just came back from Yoga and I feel great - I can't believe that I stopped going. A new class started on a night I can actually make. I was still pretty flexible, but where I had my injury over the summer started acting up.

I was off today and went through all my old Christmas stuff and made piles to donate and throw out. I also cleaned out 2 kitchen cabinets and rearranged part of my pantry. So I was up and down all day and lifting, so I feel like I got a great workout all day long.

Have a great evening!

• aamylynne
    18 years ago

I got my 2006 Tropical Dreams calendar up on cafepress.com, but I'm not sure what to do about the no advertising rule. Should I post a link for those who want to take a look at the pics, or not? Anybody have ideas on that? How about this: I'll post a link here to my forum and put a link on my forum to cafepress. Anyone who wants to check it out, can. To view the pictures for each month, click on "view calendar pages" below the picture. I haven't received one for myself yet, so I can't be sure there are no errors in printing. I'll let you know when I have mine and how it looks.

I made a seafood salad today with
    6 oz crabmeat
    6 oz small shrimp
    1/4 minced red onion
    1/4 minced green pepper
    2 stalks chopped celery
    1 smashed garlic clove
    black pepper
    1 finely chopped mild green pepper
    two flowerets chopped raw cauliflower
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1T marie's ranch dressing
    1T low fat mayonnaise

I don't know if I broke any rules of cooking there, but it tasted good to me.

Take care everyone, and thanks again for the wonderful party, the singing, and the kind words.
    Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Tropical Dreams calendar

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Hey, I'm still the same, but I was tempted to change to "Donna_northNJ"!!!

ya think we'll get wildchicken back or bj? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Laters.......

• besh
    18 years ago

I'm still Besh, but I have to log in everytime even though I say to save the info.

Have a great weekend!

Love, Besh

• milkdud
    18 years ago

I also had to log in this afternoon. Hmmm! At least we're still able to even get here. LOL

The weekend's here! I'm looking forward to the 2 days of figuring out menus for next week and grocery shopping for food. What are your favorite things to buy to get you through the "hungries"?

Take care and have a great weekend, everybody!

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Milkdud - that is so cool!!! Please feel better ((Milkdud)).

Dee - don't go confusing the issue with Donna_north and Donna_southnj. I know my name is really original :-). When you get a chance please drop me an email - I hope that when the winter is OVER we can meet halfway!

Amy - we have not "met" yet but your seafood salad sounds wonderful. Also, I would like to wish you a belated happy birthday!

Besh, I just found out work is going to offer WW at half price, oh dear, now there is something to think about and foil my perfect plan - rats.

As we speak I am enjoying a wonderful glass of wine in celebration of my sister's new job!!

Joanne, still thinking of your ((mom)).

Be good - talk with ya tomorrow!!

Donna

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Besh,
    I forgot to mention that I count points. I have thought about Core but have not tried it yet. I would really like to give it a shot, maybe after I get a few pounds off.
    Donna

• nhsuzanne
    18 years ago

Good Morning All,

After trying ALL WEEK I was able to log on using my own name! I am so miffed that I can barely speak about it. I am just so frustrated at the process and not knowing what to do. I even tried to set up a new account to no avail!!

Not much new for me. Been busy sending resumes and actually have an interview next week. I am SO ready to go back to work now that DH is doing well. Although, he went to see the surgeon this week and his graft site is doing well but he has an enlarged lymph node in his groin. The node that she took the biopsy from. She told him if it's still enlarged ten days from now it's coming right out and biposied. I am trying really hard not to worry. I know that worry changes nothing, except for adding more lines to my face! LOL

The weather has been so nice and mild. In the low 30's everyday. We have had two small storms that have laid about 6" of light fluffy snow which makes it safe to ride my horse once again as it's covered the ice. So that has been my sanctuary this week. Riding. I love it.

Sounds like everyone has plenty of resolve to stay on track right now. I have been doing a detox diet to rid myself of all the toxins I dumped into my body over the holidays. I am starting to feel better but still craving some sugar. It's so evil that sugar; it's everywhere. I will pick a day next week to fast which makes me feel much, much better.

I am thinking of joining a local gym who has a six week weight loss and exercise program. I am not doing so hot on my own and maybe this will get me going in the right direction. I get alot of exercise doing barn chores and riding but there is alot to be said for group exercise like step aerobics which I love. I want to try pilates too.

Okay, who's doing laundry today?? I am not. I am trying hard to get my office squared away and decluttered. I am failing miserably! This is an important baqua for me too as it is helpful people and travel. I almost feel like I am smothering in all the books here so a big lot of them has to go. I have three floor to ceiling bookshelves full of books I haven't touched in years!! Dust collectors now. I am going to box them up and bring them anywhere that wants them.

I hope you all have a great day.

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

frustrating....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Today I spent over 6 hours putting away holiday decorations. My tree is still up (DH promised to put it back into the box), and of course, snow village is up and will be taken down in mid-February.

Tomorrow we are off to our Snow Village club to tour members' homes...some displays are spectacular and DH will be taking lots of pictures...hope to share some if they come out OK.

Looks as if everyone is digging in their heels again. Let's all stay healthy this year, or improve our healthy if possible.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[Suzanne's DH]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

• justaplaneolegirl
    18 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!! I finally got on, using my Wild_Chicken name and password, but I see now that they are using my old, OLD name! (Is this an omen to start flying again?????) Does anyone remember when I used this name?---when the SS thread had just begun???? That's funny that it reverted back to that! Now I'll have to go to Hawaii AGAIN to reclaim the wild chicken!

NHSuzanne~ Good luck to you and DH. Have you got any intuitions about this? We are studying ESP and intuition in my psychology class right now.

I hope Maddie comes back, as she never did log on to open the box I sent. Hope it was okay! But my bet is she's just busy with people who believe they're "lucky" - studying THAT too!

I have had a crazy week with school starting, in-laws leaving, and everything. I went out and had a WONDERFUL dinner of appetizers, a shared bottle of wine, and 2 hot buttered rums last night. DH and I reconnected after spending weeks with each other's in-laws. It was fun and now I am ready to get back into a good diet, exercise, and organizing my life!

DeeMarie~ My sis and bro in-law are into the snow village thing---they have beautiful decorations and 'towns.' So much pleasure it brings them.

Well, I better get moving. I only have half a weekend to get this pace together! YIPES!

But I sure missed getting on here. I wrote in every name, password, and email addy I could think of to hack my way in, but to no avail! My last attempt was RhymesWithOrange when I was really getting p!ssed. That did not work.

Oh, well, glad everyone's back! Kiss, kiss, hug, hug!

Raeanne et al: See you all tomorrow at the washer and dryer!

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

justoplaneolgirl - I'm not sure that I remember that name, but I knew it was you the minute I saw it LOL. Yes, I am on my 2nd load of laundry. I would love to take the ESP/Intuition part of your class. I was told by a psychic that my intution only fails me when I don't listen to it - I have found that to be very true. I have been in the mood for a hot buttered rum.

I have been trying to be good and it has been so hard (I am such a bad girl at heart). I went to meet friends at a bar after work last night and started off with a seltzer, but slid into a Margarita and then was talked into going for a pizza. I have no willpower!!!

I exercised all last week except for yesterday and I am heading to the gym shortly.

Dee - Enjoy your Snow Village tour. Every year I put up less and less decorations, this year I got rid of a lot of them so I am not tempted LOL.

Suzanne - I will keep positive thoughts for DH. Yes, get rid of that clutter! I could use those book shelves myself - I want my builder to come and build book shelves and an entertainment center for me, but he is so busy right now. We only got a couple inches of snow, but it looks so pretty hanging on all the branches and covered up the ugly stuff. Glad you got out on SP.

Amy - the seafood salad sounded great. I couldn't log onto the site, but it may just be my computer. I will try at work on Monday.

UGHHHH, I have the task of looking for a bathing suit that will cover as much as possible - I am so embarrassed to show off my flab, bumps and lumps.

Have a great day!

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Ladies, I'll join you on doing laundry! I'm finishing up my 2nd load and starting the 3rd. DH does his own laundry, and I do mine and all the towels in the whole house. With just 2 of us, it's amazing to me how much laundry we accumulate weekly.

NHSuzanne, I'll be keeping good thoughts for your dh. I hope the time flies and the results are good.

I have a Snow Village, too, but haven't had room the last 2 Christmases to set it out. It sure does take up a lot of room, something we're short of here lately.

Well, the dryer calls. Have a wonderful Sunday evening and take care!

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Suzanne - Good thoughts for your DH. Good luck on your interview!

Joanne - Good thoughts for your Mom.

BJ - A bathing suit - you are braver than I am but seriously, you look great - nothing to worry about!

Raeanne - I was easly led last night too. My sister and I had been shopping and I was talked into pizza and beer (and I never drink beer!).

Dee - I don't have a Snow Village but have seen them and like them. Actually something I have up all year are Easter bunnies - I was born on Easter and somehow just began collecting the bunnies.

This has been a day of laundry - what I think is the last load is in the dryer.

Having an early dinner tonight and getting ready for another week of work.

Good thoughts for everyone - take care and will talk to ya tomorrow! Have a wonderful evening.

Donna

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Donna - I am going out tonight with friends and am hoping for more willpower. I just said last night, I wished I drank beer, because it goes so well with pizza LOL.

Milkdud - just two of us also and we make a lot of laundry. I thought I was all caught up and found a basket in DDs room filled with towels from Christmas YIKES. At least they went in the basket dry, so they weren't smelly.

I did the treadmill and some weights this afternoon. I am watching Sleepless in Seattle for the 100th time (at least).

Enjoy your evening.

• justaplaneolegirl
    18 years ago

I did not get all my laundry done. I decided to, with the family prodding me to do so, work on my office. They all want a relaxing environment for me to study in, and I always work on the common areas when I clean, and not my office! I have almost finished changing everything around and now it is a LOT better to be here! Laundry -- I will start again tomorrow and continue until I finish! My truck goes to the shop tonight for a few days so I will have my wings clipped and be forced to read and catch up (get ahead) on my reading and writing for my classes and work on my house.

DonnaSNJ~ Raeanne's the one who has to don a swim suit, not me....but I am going to the health club this week for water aerobics. I just wear a body slimmer suit unless I'm tanning. If I'm tanning outside, I wear a bikini top with boy short bottoms and the world can close their eyes if they don't like it! :)

Well, gotta go. The kids start Science Club tonight and I'm on duty for that, so off I go. It's a potluck dinner, so who knows how good I'll be? lol.

Raeanne~ CONGRATS on the CONSTANT exercise! You are my hero!

NHSuzanne~ Still sending light your way....

Nighty night!

• justaplaneolegirl
    18 years ago

I did not get all my laundry done. I decided to, with the family prodding me to do so, work on my office. They all want a relaxing environment for me to study in, and I always work on the common areas when I clean, and not my office! I have almost finished changing everything around and now it is a LOT better to be here! Laundry -- I will start again tomorrow and continue until I finish! My truck goes to the shop tonight for a few days so I will have my wings clipped and be forced to read and catch up (get ahead) on my reading and writing for my classes and work on my house.

DonnaSNJ~ Raeanne's the one who has to don a swim suit, not me....but I am going to the health club this week for water aerobics. I just wear a body slimmer suit unless I'm tanning. If I'm tanning outside, I wear a bikini top with boy short bottoms and the world can close their eyes if they don't like it! :)

Well, gotta go. The kids start Science Club tonight and I'm on duty for that, so off I go. It's a potluck dinner, so who knows how good I'll be? lol.

Raeanne~ CONGRATS on the CONSTANT exercise! You are my hero!

NHSuzanne~ Still sending light your way....

Nighty night!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus