Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Daily Support Mon 1/17 to Sun 1/23

Posted by Maddie_in_KY (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 17, 05 at 8:09

Ladies,

my dad is im very very serious shape. he's isloated with infectious facial shingles, and the prognosis does not look good. I didn't realize that this could be so serious, but apparently it is infecting every one of his systems, the nurse said some may start to shut down.

please pr@y

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Daily Support Mon 1/17 to Sun 1/23

Oh Maddie, ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have never heard of such a thing. I hope that everything goes well. Keep us posted. In the meantime, you know we are all pulling for your dad.

Love,

NHSuzanne

o

(((Maddie))) I knew shingles could be extremely painful but didn't know they could be life threatening. Will keep your Dad in my thoughts and pr*y that he overcomes this.

Marci

o

Maddie~ You're in my thoughts. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

o

Maddie - Sending lots of love and prayers (((((HUGS)))))

o

((((((Maddie))))))) love and prayers for your dad.

o

[[[[[[[[[[Maddie]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] I'm holding you close to my heart. Saying prayers for you and dad.

o

I'm back form the hospital, and they have him in total isolation which means anyone who comes in the room is completely covered. He is heavily sedated, but seems to be drifting in and out.

The infectious disease doctor came in and said the next 24 hours will tell the tale.

Marci, you are right. Normally, in a young, health person, it will be painful and possibly disfiguring, but not life threatening. However, dad is 79, and has a whole host of problems that weaken him, and quite frankly, I think his will to fight is waning. Also, it's on his face and head, and it can cause blindness, sketeltal/cranofacial problems, etc... (At least, this is what I've been told).

Thanks for the pr@yers, ladies. He needs them.

o

Maddie, my thoughts and prayers are with your dad and your whole family. (((HUGS)))!!!!

Work is buzzing.

Jen

o

Maddie,

((((HUGS)))) to you and your family. It is so hard to watch a loved one struggle with a serious illness. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Love, Besh

o

Maddie - Hugs and prayers right to you and your family.

Phew---I just got caught up..... I have been busy and away from my computer last few days. Not doing well diet wise. I need to wise up!!!!!

The b-day gift exchange - yes, I had a scare for the x-mas xchange, but I am willing to join in as long as the person I get doesn't go "aw man, not her" just kidding ladies... I am in.

Been working in a yard in Punta Gorda where the hurricane hit in August. The owner is a friend and have not had a chance to come down and do it, so Hubby and I are doing it and man am I second guessing my yes response to help him. It is a huge job and a yucky one at that. We are getting paid for it, so a plus.

Hope everyone is doing well. Patti and Dave I hope you are both up and about.

I considered going to French Lick with all you wonderful ladies, but decided for a little trip with DH for our anniversary and b-days. The dates fall around that time and I cannot do both. But, I will keep it in mind for next year if you continue it as a tradition.

Raeanne - loved the sag no more story. Those people must have been a blast.

I played a Domino game this past weekend called crazy train. It was fun. Only made it to the fours, it was getting late. But enjoyed the game. DH did too which surprised me.

Take care -

Magickitty

o

Maddie, I've seen that firsthand. My husband suffered from that disease about 5 years ago. He almost lost his sight. Still holding you and your dad in my prayers.

o

Maddie- Thinking of you....

Tikanas--Thinking of you, too. This month must be full of emotion on several levels; support is always here for venting. My kudos to you on your strength and great attitiude making it through a rough first year. And best wishes to you and your family. I think of you often. (((((HUGS)))))

DeeMarie: I just got an email from Dunkin Doughnuts. They're tallying the votes for the wedding contest. I hope your friends win; I voted for them.

o

Good Morning All,

Maddie, please let us know how things are going with you and your Dad. I hope you have good news.

It's really cold here this morning. Below zero. Never got about 3 degrees yesterday and the wind was howling making the wind chill about 10-12 below. It continued to howl until late last night. Then we had radiational cooling. Clear, clear skies and snow cover equal really cold! I am surviving and have the goats stall all wrapped up so that they stay pretty warm with the foaling heater we bought Fred.

I have been totally distracted with things as the results of a hair mineral analysis that I had done on Sweet Pea revealed some very disturbing things. One of which is that she is very high in arsenic and aluminum. But her mineral analysis showed that she is totally out of balance and is needs help as her blood sugar is spiking between 10-15 times a day where normal is 2!! The test indicates that she is pre-cushnoid which is a term for a horse that is probably going to develop a disease called Cushings. Treatable but a disease that makes her extra prone to founder which is what she just recovered from. I have had my water tested and am waiting for the results hopefully today. SP is on a custom blend of supplements to help her with this condition. I have every reason to believe that she will be fine in a few months once we get things back in balance. I have been doing tons of research which is keeping me busy. It's truly facinating. Also, she doesn't like her supplement so I have been challenged getting her to eat it! It never ends.

That's it for me right now. Wanted to check in and let you all know that I am okay. Just busy. Can't wait to get on an even keel with SP but I see light at the end of the tunnel!! This morning she ate her breakfast all by herself!!

Check in and say hi everyone.

o

Maddie - hope dad is doing better - please let us know when you can.

Tikanis - I also have been thinking of you lately. You are truly an inspiration to me. I went through the items you sent me again last night with DH and we had a lot of good laughs. He couldn't believe that you are one of the newer members - so you must fit right in LOL.

MagicKitty - You will have to tell me more about Crazy Train - we played Chicken Feet over Christmas and my DH enjoyed it too - he really doesn't like games - so we were pleasantly surprised.

NH Suzanne - I feel so bad for you and SP. Positive thoughts are on their way. SP couldn't be in better hands than yours.

I have a pile of work, so I better get busy. Have a great day.

o

Raeanne, thanks for your kind thoughts on SP. Everything will be okay it's just challenging right now. If you were to look at her you would never know anything was wrong. She isn't uncomfortable, I don't think. We are well on our way to getting her well and I am just grateful for the hair mineral testing. It's amazing stuff and I can't understand why it isn't used more for equines than it is. What I know from people who have used it for a diagnosis out of desparation because convention things didn't work is amazing. What I have read on the internet about it's use for learning disabled children is even more amazing! It's all good.

o

Hello everyone!

Maddie, please check in; we've been thinking about you.

BJ, my friend won!!!! Thanks to all of you for voting. Looking forward to the press on this wedding!

Ohhh.....I forgot to tell all of you what BJ sent to me. Let's see if I remember the exact wordings (I'm in work now). It was a paper weight/rock with Never Give Up on it! What a surprise and it holds a place of honor at my home office next to Suzanne's bookmark! I also received a notepad with a lady leaning over her oven, basting a bird, and asking "Does this turkey make my butt look fat?" DH and I howled!! It has a magnet on the back, so he immediately put it onto the fridge and uses it for notes! Also, BJ sent another little notebook with picture of a very 50's looking woman...sort of Rosie the Rivetter or Lucy Ball saying "Has anyone seen my hormones". BJ, you are a character. LOL

Suzanne, I'm sending out positive thoughts out to you today.

Here are some [[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]] for those who need them.

TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHY, AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Maddie~ [ [ [ [ H U G S ] ] ] ] My Mom's uncle just got over this on his face. I had it when I was in my early 20s. Our pr@yers are with you & your family.

NH Suzanne~Is this something only SP has? Not your other horse? I guess that would rule out the water. I'm glad that you are on top of things & will help her before it goes too far.

DeeMarie~Your things all sound so nice. Glad that your friends won!

I took my first paint class last night. I'm not good but I need to practice, practice, practice. And, those are my plans. I want to be much improved before next Tuesday night.

Shout out to everyone! We slept a good deal of the day. Still trying to get some strength back. Patti :)

o

Maddie sending huge thoughts and prayers to your Dad.
Keep strong.
Joanne

o

Hi ladies--

Well, it's a roller coaster with dad. He seemed much better yesterday, and he was sitting up in a chair and was very lucid. Even the doctor was optomistic.

However, something happened during the night, and he is unresponsive as of this morning. He's under going a CAT scan, but the results have not come back as of now. He is in renal failure.

Suzanne--(((hugs))) to you--I know how worrisome it is when your critterbaby isn't feeling well--

Maddie

o

It sure is quiet here today. You all aren't snowed under are you? LOL It get 60 here & most people think they have to dress in layers. I had the blood drawn today so it is just a matter of hearing what the dr. has to say. Shout out to everyone! I hope that you are all well. Patti :)

o

HI to everyone.
Yes- Im finally legal to post now.

Maddie- OMG- I cant believe this about your Dad- I'm praying for you all. Keep us posted.

Thanks to BJ for posting my initial Hello on last friday or whenever it was.

The has been alot happen to us all- but just like your favorite most comfortable PJ'S I hope I'll be familiar to you all again.

Suzanne- Im so interested in hearing about SP and the hair analysis. I actually had one in Dec. myself. I'm being treated for copper toxicity with several elements off the chart. My doctor is a D.O. in Natrapthy. Im taking many supplements and D.O. also has me on a sauna regimen 6 nights a week for 20 minutes to sweat out the yuck!
I do feel better, am sleeping better a little bit. People couldnt tell I was "sick" either- but to be 36 and feel 60 is the pits.

Patti- I once took Topamax for migraines as well. It helped me loose a litte weight in the beginning too. I hope it works for you. My son has the Imitrex nasal spray and I use Maxalt for mine.

Where is everyone today?

HUGS-KYsusie

o

Maddie - more hugs to you. Your father is in my thoughts.
NH Suzanne - hugs to you and SP.
Raeanne - Crazy Train, You start with the one's and start your own train. Then if you can start a crazy train with another one. That one anyone can add to. So you have your own or the crazy train. If you cannot move, your train is stopped for you, but others can add onto yours along with theirs and the crazy train. When you can add to the crazy train, your train is back open to you again. It was fun.

Then it starts all over again with the twos, then threes, etc....

I quit my job yesterday and I do have another one to start after my two weeks notice is done. I am excited about it. It is for an interior designer and I am hoping to get some ideas for my house. I will be doing accounting and general office duties. Part time. So I am very excited since I did not like my last job for quite some time.
Anywhooo.....DH and I celebrated with sour apple martinis.... delicious...however, I had one to many and felt terrible today. I think it will be quite awhile before I have any sour apple martini's.

Check in later....Take care...

Magickitty

o

Just checking in to say that as of now, I (we) still know nothing. He's resting comfortably, though.

I do hafta say WOOOOOOOOWHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!! Our SusieQ's back! Gosh, I've missed you! I was thinking about you earlier today when I was reading about the BBQ fest--(((((((hugs!!!!!)))) my beautiful, wonderful much missed and very glad you're back friend!!! :):):):)

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Welcome back KY Susie! Patti :)

o

Good Morning from frigid PA!

Hi KYSusie! Welcome back.

Maddie - I constantly think about you and your Dad. Hope today brings good news.

Patti - My DS will be starting his new job in St. Pete on 2/14. He is going to rent a U-Haul and move his stuff down there the week before. I am already worrying about that long drive. But he is taking a friend with him and then flying his friend back home. I am not sure when DH and I will get down there (maybe in May), but I will keep you posted.

And speaking of St. Pete, I may have to bow out of French Lick. We just received an invitation to a wedding of the DD of good friends of ours. Her DD lives in FL and is getting married in the Tampa/St. Pete area. The wedding is in May and DH and I are considering taking a long weekend and flying down to see DS and attend the wedding. If we do that, I won't be able to get to French Lick.

Besh - It will be COLD here on Sunday for the big game. Wind chill will be below 0!! At least both teams are used to playing in cold weather. We are having Steeler day in school today. The kids dressed in black and gold yesterday too and it looked so cute.

I will finalize the birthday exchange this weekend and post the partner list on Monday. So, last call for getting in on the exchange. KYSusie??

Here is the list as of today:
Marci
DeeMarie
NHSuzanne
Besh
BJ
Raeanne
Tikanas
Joanne
Maddie
Patti
Gretchen
Jen
Lynne(MagicKitty)

Later,
Marci

o

Good Morning All,

It's 7 below zero here and the wind is howling. Oh, it's so cold. I have Fred and goat babie's stall wrapped up in blankets to keep as much of the wind out as possible! It looks like a shanty under the Broadway Street bridge in Boston!! The stalls have grates on the door and window (on the inside of the barn) so I hung blankets there. I can't close the entire barn up because the other animals have to get in and out. Way too much info, sorry!

Maddie, I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get good news today.

KY Susie!! Welcome back and good to hear from you. I too, am interested in talking to you about the hair mineral testing. It's facinating and I thought about having one done on myself too. What is the does copper toxicity cause?

Patti, only Sweet Pea is having the issues right now. If my well water shows high arsenic then I will assume that everyone is affected in some way. I should have the water results today. One can ingest toxic metals from the air too.

Lynn, was quitting your job a sudden decision?

Marci, bummer about French Lick. I guess you are going to have a little New England in your neck of the woods! Should be a good game.......brrrrrrrrrrrr

I have to go to work. So glad it's Friday. I have to attend a banquet for one of our affiliates tomorrow night! It's almost three hours away and they are predicting snow possibly heavy. UGH

o

Morning ladybugs.

Yes, Marci- I would love to be in the exchange, Thank you.

I'd like to ask for prayer this morning as well. My sister is having emergency gallbladder surgery today- the complication comes in because she has had gastric bypass an they must go around her incision or open it all the way back up and also look for blockages too. My Mom is worried sick- she lives in Georgia- please tink of her today.

Check back later- KYsusie

o

Hey- where did everybody go??
I hope I didnt scare everyone off!

My sister did great today- no blockage- just a routine gallbladder removal- we are so blessed it wasnt any worse.

I'll check in tomorrow
Nite- off to the sauna soon- KYsusie

o

It's midnight here, and my dad died today.

o

(((Oh Maddie))) I am so, so sorry. I know words cannot ease your pain, but I hope you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Marci

o

Oh Maddie, I am so sorry. As Marci said, words cannot ease your pain but I hope that knowing all of us here are thinking of you and sending thoughts and prayers for your family will somehow comfort you. Try to focus on the really good things. I am sending you a great big hug and I hope you can feel it. Close your eyes and really feel it.

Love, NHSuzanne

o

(((((((Maddie))))))))) I am so so sorry. I will keep your family in my prayers.

o

Maddie,

((((((((HUGS))))))))))) I am so very sorry.

Love, Besh

o

Maddie (((((((HUGS AND LOVE)))))))) I feel so saddened by this and wish I was there to give you a real hug. Hang in there and let us know how you and your mom are doing.

o

Maddie~ (((((((((((((HUGS, sis))))))))))))))))

The impermanence of our existence helps us appreciate the special times we share with our family and friends. You have the gift of telling great stories. Write stories of the times you and your dad had together and share them. Keep him alive through memories.

Thinking of you----- is there anything we can do for you? Just say the word. Peace, Maddie. We love you dearly.

o

Maddie!! ((((HUGS))). I am SO VERY sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I echo the above sentiment; If their is anything I can do, let me know!

Back later. I ned to let this sink in a bit...

Tikanas

o

Oh Maddie- I'm so sorry for your loss.
This is so sad.
HUGS dear friend- KYsusie

o

Maddie:

Please know how saddened I am to hear of your Dad's passing. Four years have passed since my Dad passed and the ache in my heart is still present every day. In the beginning it was such a sorrowful ache, but now I find it is my remembrance of a wonderful soul and serves everyday to remind me of all the good and kind moments that we shared together. It is an ache that I look for and embrace each day.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Hugs my friend!
Joanne

o

Hi All!

First off, Maddie, you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about your Dad. How are you doing there, girlfriend? And the family? ((( HUGS)))

Suzanne, You and Sweet Pea! I hope that she is soon well and STAYS well! I know how hard it is when a loved one (2 or 4 footed) is ailing.

Patti, I want to hear about your painting class! Have you ever done anything like this before? I'm also waiting to hear what the doc says. Hi to Dave
: )

Lynn, those instructions for Crazy Train were as clear as mud to me LOL!

KY Susie, sending good thoughts your sister's way...Nice to "meet you"!

I have been MIA most of the week. My Dear friend Gael's Dad passed away on Wednesday. We have been friends since we were kids and of course, this is a difficult time for her ( Maddie, it has to be very much the same for you).

I have had a HORRIBLE dieting week. (don't ask). Thanks to everybody, Bj, Raeanne, for you heartwarming thoughts. We got through this week ok, the first anniversary of Bill's death. I thought it would be harder than it was. I guess it was a blessing to be so preoccupied with other peoples problems...hard to feel too sorry for me!!

Raeanne, I am so glad that you still like your box of goodies! How does that little water fountain work? Have you listened to those cds yet? HA HA!!
I have the match to your black "worry stone" out in my garden and I think of you whenever I see it.

DeeMarie, my daughter wants to know if you could make HER a Sopranos ornament!! I used the Greek seasoning in an eggplant/onion with Evoo casserole last night. Yumm! I love my Nora Jones CD. Very relaxing. Thanks again

My computer froze up completely at the first of the week and had to be COMPLETELY rebuilt!!
Okay, Raeanne... help me keep track here...
1) 1 week before Christmas the fridge breaks down.
2) next day the washer goes out and I replace them both.
3) 4 days before Christmas NEW fridge goes on the blink. Repairman fixes problem.
4) Christmas eve. the toaster oven goes to the great oven home center in the sky.
5) Jan 4th the dryer breaks down ( had it fixed)
6) Jan 11th favorite crock pot catches on fire ( short at the cord)
7) Last Monday, computer goes bye-bye..

Is it just ME or do any of you see a pattern here??? LOL!!

Tomorrow it is back on the diet wagon.I have the menu planned as well as the exercise penciled in.

Here's to all of us going through difficult times, those who are hurting and those of us who are just plain tired. Everything is easier with friends. I am thankful for you all.

Sweet Dreams....

Tikanas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here