Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did anyone see Oprah Friday?

Posted by Kathy_ (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 04 at 7:56

Doctor was on the show saying how we should change our ways. They showed an autopsy on a man to show how fat looks in the body - not a pretty picture but it was fascinating and now I know what's around my heart and belly. Oh dear. They also showed a smoker's lung compared to a regular one, gallstones, a fibroid tumor, 2 arteries one healthy and one not (the doctor had to hunt for a month for a healthy one because everyone usually has plaque in theirs). It was a fascinating show and hopefully I can record the rerun and keep that fat in mind when the chocolate monster calls me...Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did anyone see Oprah Friday?

Hi Kathy,
No, I didn't see it, but recently watched a show where a lady had her stomach stapled and they showed those big globs of yellowish fat!! Hasn't left my mind. What an eye opener.

o

There is a new quit smoking commercial in the UK being aired. It shows surgically gloved hands handling a rubber tube (mimicking an artery)- they are squeezing out gooey fat - yellowish looking and like chuncky lard - really disgusting. Makes ya think.

I will keep an eye out for the oprah rerun when it is shown here.

Very interesting indeed!

McPeg

o

Kathy, My daughter was home from work and happened to see that program.....gross but interesting and informative.

I've been told that the fat of a human looks just like chicken fat.......not a pretty sight when there's an abundance.

o

Yes it was globs of yellowish fat - oh my. Shame no one saw the show but I am going to watch for it in the reruns. Kathy

o

I saw it. Raeanne from SS alerted me and I set the Ti-Vo. I Ti-Vo'd it and my teens are going to watch it with me---they missed the first showing. The smokers lungs were most interesting and the uterine fibroids were an eye opener.

I didn't think it was gross. It was presented in a very factual way. The doc was a great speaker and did a nice job with the video and disection presentations.

o

I watched it and was also impressed. I thought it was handled very well, and I enjoyed his talk. I made my husband watch it. He showed pictures of what a weight gain can do to you spine, and he talked about so many things we hear about. But at least twice he said that men may worry about a heart attack or stroke, but excessive weight can make them impotent. He said that that fact had more effect than any other statistics. Interesting!
I really enjoyed the show.
Sammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here